Ruby Sanctum Guide

Dr. Who

Ruby Sanctum Guide

#1 » Post by Dr. Who » 20 Jul 2014 21:22

The Ruby Sanctum, bastion of the red dragonflight, lies hidden under the Wyrmrest Temple within Dragonblight.
This encounter features 3 mini-bosses and the final dragon, Halion.

Mini-Boss Tactics
1º mini Boss Saviana Ragefire
(boss location: right side of the raid entry.)
Health:14 Million (25-man), 4 Million (10-man)

1-Tanks: The tank should face the boss away from the raid to avoid breaths and other frontal attacks
2-Damage: DPS should be behind or adjacent to the boss, likewise avoiding frontal attacks
3-Healers: There is a lot of splash damage during the air phase, so this would be a good time for raid members to use cooldowns to reduce damage. In addition, healers should be prepared to lay down some AoE healing.

Specific Boss Attacks:
1-During the air phase Saviana will conflagrate 5 people /2 people by picking them up and then dropping them.
2-Savianna will periodically enrages so you will want to have a hunter on the ready with tranquilizing shot.
3-Savianna will also periodically cast nova, so you want to have the raid spread out at least 10 yards.
2º mini Boss Baltharus the Warborn
(boss location: left side of the raid entry.)
Health: 11 Million (25-man), 3 Million (10-man)

1-Tanks: Tank Baltharus away from the raid to avoid his frontal cone attacks. Likewise, the off tank on the mirror image will tank this away from the raid.
2-Damage: DPS from behind or adjacent to avoid frontal cone attacks, including cleave.
3-Healers: Watch out for the periodic whirlwind from the mirror image. Position accordingly to avoid this.

Specific Boss Attacks:
1-Baltharus will summon a mirror image. This image has all the same abilities, in addition to a powerful whirlwind attack. You will want to have your off tank immediatly pick this up and move him away from the raid. This image will periodically be re-summoned and should be killed as soon as possible each time. It’s a good idea to mark Baltharus so you will not confuse him with the images.
3º mini Boss General Zarithrian
(boss location: opposite side of the raid entry)
Health: 11 Million (25-man), 3 Million (10-man)

1-Tanks: Face away from the raid to avoid frontal attacks. Zarithrian also spawns a number of adds, these should be picked up by 1-2 additional off tanks.
2-Damage: Like previously, all DPS should be behind or adjacent to the boss to avoid frontal attacks. Ranged DPS should focus on killing the adds, while melee DPS will focus on killing the Zarithrian.
3-Healers: Just like with Savianna there is a lot of splash damage during the air phase, so healers should be prepared to increase healing to keep up.

Specific Boss Attacks:
1-Zarithrian will periodically cast fear, so proper use of tremor totem, fear ward, and other fear breaking / preventing abilities will be necessary
2-Zarithrian’s adds will be casting an AoE attack, which can and should be interrupted.

Final Boss
Halion
(boss location: centre of the map)
Health: 45 Million (25-man), 18 Million (10-man) / 3 Phases

1-Tanks: Face away from the raid to avoid frontal attacks.
2-Damage: Ranged DPS can be behind or adjacent, melee DPS should be adjacent to avoid the tail swipe and frontal cone attacks.
3-Healers: Stay away from the frontal cone attacks and focus on your positioning.

Phase 1
1-As the encounter begins Halion will summon a wall of fire in a circle around him. So make certain your raid is all together before beginning.
2-Halion summons fireballs that fall from the sky. The location they will hit is marked by a graphic on the ground. Simply move out of the way. When they hit the explode into fire patches on the ground that spread, move away from these to avoid taking any damage.
3-Halion will cast Mark of Combustion. When this is dispelled it releases a fire patch on the ground. When a player is afflicted by this they should run away from the main raid and then get dispelled. The longer it takes to dispel the larger the fire patch will grow to, so time is key.

Phase 1 ends when Halion reaches 75%

Phase 2
1-During this phase a portal will appear, the entire raid will enter
2-Halion will periodically cast Mark of Consumption, which behaves just like Mark of Combustion, except that it deals shadow damage. Raid members must run away from the group prior to getting dispelled.
3-The most important (and fun thing) here is the shadow orbs. Two of these orbs will circle around the stage area. Periodically these beams will link up and deal enough damage to kill any player caught between them. For this reason the entire raid, including the tank, must continually rotate maintaining a distance between the orbs in order to avoid taking this damage.

Tips:
--Mark of Consumption after dispel drags nearby people to centre of it . Its dangerous if dispelled at or under boss as can pull players to laser beam.

Phase 2 ends when Halion reaches 50%.

Phase 3
1-At 50% a new portal will open. At this point Halion will exist in both the physical realm and the twilight realm.
2-You must split your raid up in order to DPS down Halion in both realms. It’s particularly important that your DPS is balanced across both realms. If Halion is not killed at the same rate in each realm she will fade into one or the other realm and begin to regain health.
3-You should send most of your ranged DPS back through the portal, as they will have an easier time dealing with the Mark of Combustion. Likewise, your melee DPS should remain where they are at, as the rotating beams will be easier for them to navigate without having to sacrifice their DPS.

Specific for Phase 3:
1-Phase 1 mechanics will take over for those who take the portal back to the "physical realm" and phase 2 mechanics will remain for those who stay in the "twilight realm".
2-During this phase Halion will have a buff called Corporeality. This buff begins at 50%, which is it’s balanced state. As this percentage changes Halion will deal and receive more damage in one realm and deal and receive less damage in the other. Dealing damage to Halion in one realm will cause the buff to decrease in that realm and increase in the other, furthermore he will begin to fade into the other realm where he will rapidly regain health if not DPS’d.

[youtube]JwTzfJ6jtHs[/youtube]
The end. :tick: have a nice day. ^_^
PS: i tryed do it the most simple and easy to understand possible. ;)
Last edited by Dr. Who on 21 Jul 2014 23:38, edited 10 times in total.
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Fastor

Re: Ruby Sanctum Guide

#2 » Post by Fastor » 20 Jul 2014 21:30

TY.

Dr. Who

#3 » Post by Dr. Who » 21 Jul 2014 01:34

you welcome.
if some one want to change something tell me to i edit it.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 21 Jul 2014 02:13

l would only add a tips.

Dont leave your current group looking for a better one after you kill any of named mini-bosses. You get raid lock with it and you would actually wait restart to enter back.

Have patience when wiping on Halion. Its not lvl 80 dungeon to be frustrated when wipe, its last raid in WotLK. Yes, 10 wipes are ok.

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 21 Jul 2014 02:16

Ah yes, add this to Shadow phase. That shadow debuff on dispel, drags nearby people to center of it. Its dangerous if dispelled at/under boss as can pull players to laser beam.

Dr. Who

#6 » Post by Dr. Who » 21 Jul 2014 02:38

done.
ty for the tip @Fastor

r3p3ar69

#7 » Post by r3p3ar69 » 21 Jul 2014 03:22

Awesome write up there, however i know some people learn better by video. I do suggest still to use this write up to follow along with the video for maximum remembrance on tactics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwTzfJ6jtHs
Level 80's
Rhaza
Maz
Judgemental
Azurik
Zakafein
Damara

Dr. Who

#8 » Post by Dr. Who » 21 Jul 2014 03:52

video added.
ty for the tip @r3p3ar69.

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 21 Jul 2014 22:20

Bumb to push page on top of unread.

Adding, HAVE PATIENCE ON WIPE.

Dr. Who

#10 » Post by Dr. Who » 21 Jul 2014 23:33

Fastor wrote:Bumb to push page on top of unread.

Adding, HAVE PATIENCE ON WIPE.
sory @Fastor i didnt add that cuz its not actually a raid tactic or something to do with in specific to this raid.
i think the patience on wipe must be on all raids not only on this one. :roll:

Fastor

#11 » Post by Fastor » 21 Jul 2014 23:34

No, you got wrong. l didnt tell you now to add it, l added just for my post so people will notice it. ;)

Currently lm running group but several left after second wipe, thinking this is easy as OS no drake.

belendor

#12 » Post by belendor » 22 Jul 2014 09:19

RS is easy on normal if u know what to do :p.
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'