310% speed mount bug

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
HeadOwn

Re: 310% speed mount bug

#16 » Post by HeadOwn » 29 Jul 2014 05:12

Regent wrote:
HeadOwn wrote:
Frewdis wrote:Says 280% but you fly at 310%. Aura tool tips are often incorrect. if you get addon such as monkey speed that displays speed it will show you are flying at 310% in flight form.
I got Monkey Speed and its kinda buggy, I'm a warrior with a 280% speed mount and it shows my speed as 380% and 370%, note that I dont have any buff at all.
The addon is working as intended; not bugged.

I'll elaborate.
When you stand still, it will show 0%.
When you run around (without any run speed enchants), it will show you running at 100% speed (as in, 100% of normal).
When you run around with a run speed enchant, it will show you running at 108% speed (as in 108% of normal, or simply 8% higher than baseline).
When you fly around with a 280% flying mount, it will read as 380% (100% being your normal run speed + 280% on top of that; hence the meter reads as aforementioned - your actual speed is still 280%).
When you fly around with a 310% flying mount, it will read as 410% when you are flying absolutely parallel to the plane of the x-axis and y-axis of the in-game world around you. The addon is basically adding 310% to your normal run speed and displaying the sum as the output speed on the meter. Naturally, this doesn't apply to any slopes, hills, uneven terrain, etc.
If you alter your flying path to fly at an angle of elevation or depression (as in slightly up or down on the z-axis), the meter changes accordingly. It only reads your maximum possible speed when you fly absolutely parallel to a flat piece of a terrain that itself runs completely parallel to the x-axis and y-axis of the in-game world.
Background: I've been using this addon for years.
Frewdis wrote:Says 280% but you fly at 310%. Aura tool tips are often incorrect. if you get addon such as monkey speed that displays speed it will show you are flying at 310% in flight form.
Basically this.

As for the topic starter's post, Swift Flight Form only seems to benefit from actual mounts that provide 310% flying speed (rather than ones that scale with the speed of other mounts you have available and/or your current flying skill).
This is the way it's currently working on TrinityCore.
Background: Tested it on my druid on my previous server (same deal as TW).
aaaaaah, got it, thnx for the detailed explanation.
Headscuttero - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Arms & Tank [BS/JC]
Headscutterr - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Fury [Enchanting/JC]
Headshealing - Tauren Druid PvP: Resto, PvE: Resto & Bear [LW/Skinning]

Amoriann
Donor

#17 » Post by Amoriann » 30 Jul 2014 19:29

Its only visual Matsy but u fly at 310% actually
Professional Dps.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#18 » Post by Myaoming » 30 Jul 2014 20:01

Myaoming wrote:What you've said Fastor is true. I have tested on STR and can confirm that Swift Flight Form is only scaling with pure 310% flying mounts like Violet Proto-Drake and PvP mounts, and not 310% ground/flying mounts like Invincible's Reins and Big Love Rocket.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Nyeriah

#19 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2014 20:10

https://github.com/TrueWoW/TrinityCore/pull/44 someone's been paying attention to forums :p

Relina

#20 » Post by Relina » 30 Jul 2014 20:54

Nyeriah wrote:https://github.com/TrueWoW/TrinityCore/pull/44 someone's been paying attention to forums :p
Indeed & hopefully on next core update my poor druid will be flying at 310% in Swift Flight Form.
*I refuse to use the Love Rocket even if it has better speed.*
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.