Battleground [80:80] Teamspeak

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
thogrin

Battleground [80:80] Teamspeak

#1 » Post by thogrin » 20 Apr 2015 10:11

I want to announce that I've created a teamspeak server for battlegrounds purpose - both for ally and horde.
At the moment it is only 30 slot server but considering most of BG are 15:15 it should be ok. If there will be a need, ill raise the amount of slots.

Feel free to join, and be active on battlegrounds. And one more thing: join with ingame nicknames ;)

Adress: 104.238.173.8:10101

There is no password, and if this ts will be popular, ill think about easy to remember domain. (maybe subdomain from truewow? [big smile to administration in this place])

And the few Server messages to promote this idea also will be very welcome :)

Have fun, lot of killing blows, and respect the fact that this is HUGE advantage over enemy when team can easly communicate :)

FTA

Oh, if administration would like to put some ts stats on server status site, here is a code

Code: Select all

<span id="teamspeak_viewer" ></span> <script type="text/javascript" > (function() { document.getElementById("teamspeak_viewer").innerHTML = '<object type="text/html" data="http://gamersvoip.net//modules/servers/teamspeak3/viewer.php?sid=2011" ></object>'; })(); </script>

Roel
Founder

Re: Battleground [80:80] Teamspeak

#2 » Post by Roel » 21 Apr 2015 20:16

Well we already have a mumble server but I don't know the current status of it or if it's used at all. It would be nice to have some feedback to see how much interest there is for this and if people prefer mumble or teamspeak.

It's great that you're willing to host this but if there is enough interest, we could consider hosting a teamspeak server ourselves.

Chasity
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Chasity » 21 Apr 2015 21:06

Well our mumble is used by 1-2 guilds, few players use it when they play arenas, but I never saw people to use it while playing battlegrounds.
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

thogrin

#4 » Post by thogrin » 22 Apr 2015 08:30

This is a problem IMHO.
This community is nice, but there is missing something. If we can manage how to bring ppl close to eachother, it would be a whole new level of game experience. That was the main reason of doing this TS3 server alive. I remember when i play BC few years back, when everybody use TS when playing BG, it was amazing. And it was not only about this advantage over enemy team, but social aspect of the game. Few months later, they even spent time on ts even if they doesn't play wow :) C'mon, help me guys - i think if we can convince other players to be more active, it will be good in many ways.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 22 Apr 2015 10:07

Most guilds that use voice chat use either private servers. A reason for this is because guilds want full control of their own voice chat and don't want other guilds coming in to disturb or other players. Another is because they maybe don't like mumble. I myself like mumble over ts3 and ventrilo... but that's just personal perference.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

belendor

#6 » Post by belendor » 22 Apr 2015 10:24

I dun like voice chat, it's harder to rage against people :p
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Koriach

#7 » Post by Koriach » 22 Apr 2015 10:34

belendor wrote:I dun like voice chat, it's harder to rage against people :p
LOL.

I think even TS had some voice activation option but don't remember :D I used to like Mumble compared to any other voice chat but now no one uses voice chats anymore. Used to be fun to be in a voice chat program with guildies. D:

Eisen
Donor

#8 » Post by Eisen » 22 Apr 2015 12:39

belendor wrote:I dun like voice chat, it's harder to rage against people :p
Clearly Voyo and Amorian never had this issue when on the same channel. Accented voices screaming everywhere. Ah the nostalgia.

I have to recommend though that everyone try to experience Fjord and/or Enigmaspyche over VoiP at least once.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Sagiri
Donor

#9 » Post by Sagiri » 23 Apr 2015 15:41

Eisen wrote: I have to recommend though that everyone try to experience Fjord and/or Enigmaspyche over VoiP at least once.
Don`t forget about Wilcox playing a flute.
And raging Rohan, of course.

The idea of using voice chat for battlegrounds, for whole team, is kinda new to me. Usually during bg what you have is bunch of randoms, without a clear leader as it would be in a raid group. Most of the time, (around 95% of bg`s) players won`t do anything you ask them to do, so it`s hard for me to imagine they would bother to join conversation, come up with some ideas and actually follow some kind of strategy D: Individuals, yeah, probably. That could be a little improvement during fight, but if majority is not affected, it won`t mean much.
Can`t help but to see it like this :roll:
Last edited by Sagiri on 23 Apr 2015 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

Eisen
Donor

#10 » Post by Eisen » 23 Apr 2015 15:46

Sagiri wrote:...
Of course a Sagiri too... oh wait, those never talk. :c
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Sagiri
Donor

#11 » Post by Sagiri » 23 Apr 2015 15:57

Eisen wrote:Of course a Sagiri too... oh wait, those never talk. :c
Sorry Nuggeh, but you know I can`t speak english D:
#handicappedgiri

Now, time for offtopics came to an end,
delta out.
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.