In game announcements to also be stated on forum in rules.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Sale

In game announcements to also be stated on forum in rules.

#1 » Post by Sale » 06 Jun 2014 10:36

Hello,

I've not been online yesterday, when some announcement said that: "ICC 25HC abuse will now be punished" or something like that. I don't seem to find a thread about this and I would like to get an explanation on what in this case is being looked at as 'abuse' and what not. Do not get me wrong here, because I am myself not the person that wants to take the easier way out as a raid leader, while some might 'believe' so (without evidence).

I can understand and completely agree that perfectly doable encounters and abusing like lets say: cyclone on orange ooze on Professor, should be punished.

I do not understand however that for encounters that work only partially and that make it undoable, like lets say in LK fight: vile spirits right before frostmourne, then enter frostmourne go and explode there and are not passive as they should be / or non-passive raging spirits on harvest soul.

So before we go any further with raiding, and banning people because someone did that 'general announcement' in game, I'd like to have a list of things that are not allowed. I have great respect for the dev's that made it able for us to get that end-game experience, but some things are still bugged in a bad way - rules should have been put in place when the encounter became doable in my opinion, and not now with a casual server announcement & after the deed has been already done.

Dje - Spark - Djejah - Ulyssess - Apocalypsion - Alida
~*Guild Master of Inquisition*~

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: In game announcements to also be stated on forum in rule

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 06 Jun 2014 10:55

I do not understand however that for encounters that work only partially and that make it undoable, like lets say in LK fight: vile spirits right before frostmourne, then enter frostmourne go and explode there and are not passive as they should be / or non-passive raging spirits on harvest soul.

and you can't say bad luck on that because the timers are made in such a way that they always explode on the raid during harvest soul (either missed lines of code or that's how the fight is) but being stoped from dpsing them due to harvest soul and then have them one shot the raid doesn't seem like a working encounter to me.

I am also curious why exactly this casual warning was made now, after weeks since the first kills, instead of when the first kills were made?
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Nyeriah

Re: In game announcements to also be stated on forum in rule

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Jun 2014 18:28

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 73#p140673

I just found that old thread and I don't really think it was even needed to be announced since it's already stated in the rules that exploiting is not tolerated and people that were doing it ofc knew what they were doing, anyway.

Locking this as it seems to be revolving around the same matter as the other thread so we'd rather have it all there