TrueWow - The Big trailer Challenge

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Longi

TrueWow - The Big trailer Challenge

#1 » Post by Longi » 01 Aug 2015 03:01

Hello there !

I think, it´s time to do something nice for our server.
Roel, many developers or Gms are doing great work on this server, so players can enjoy it as much as possible. So lets give them a gift. Something useful, something for server presentation.

This " chalange" is for all players from this server. Everyone can join, as an individual or as a group of friends.

Whats the point of this all ?

The goal will be create Trailer for our server, I think many of you have experience with video editing programs like Pinnacle Studio or Sony Vegas. So why not take advantage ?

Rules:
- Trailer cant be longer than 8 minutes ( +/- few seconds )
- Trailer should be showing PVP and PVE part of game
- Trailer should have name of server and bacis information about it
- Trailer should have " follow" sites like Facebook, Youtube ....
- Trailer should show how good scripted we are and how many things is working here ( RDF, world events for example )
- Trailer should take a little view on sever website ( tools, community ... )
- Trailer shouldn´t have an unpleasant music and racist thoughts
- Your video should have resolution at least 720p or more
- Your video should be uploaded on Youtube and linked here

This challenge will end on 24th December. So you have like 4 months for creating a screenplay for the trailer, recording and editing your finnal video. YES, it will end at X-Mas .... You will create Xmas GIFT for Roel and all people working on this server, but no only for them, you will give this gift for all old and new players too.

Video which will players, developers, gms and owner like the most is winner

And it´s not all. Winner will get a reward too. I ll give to this person or team 200 000 ingame golds & your video will present our server for next few months/ years ( if your video will be good enough and owner will agree )

So I wish you all best, good luck and hope so people will like this idea and many of you will go for it. Who knows mby your video will win!

Have a nice day !
Last edited by Longi on 01 Aug 2015 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

Roel
Founder

Re: TrueWow - The Big trailer Challenge

#2 » Post by Roel » 01 Aug 2015 12:05

That's really nice of you. Though I wonder if someone is going to spent a lot of time on this. Asking people to do something usually doesn't work out that well.
As for rewards, I suppose we could also give web points if the trailer is good.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Hansrutger » 01 Aug 2015 14:03

I like the idea but players usually want something. I've had to learn, sadly, the hard way that most things you do goes either unappreciated or unnoticed. Not only speaking about this community however, there are multiple communities and seems to be mostly WoW-related ones. As for this if someone want some "okay" quality raiding video files feel free to ask and I'll try to record - just freaking remember to put it on credits, goes for everyone who contributes... :/
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Fivecapz

#4 » Post by Fivecapz » 01 Aug 2015 14:06

shame i cannot even attempt to do this, since i dont even have a computer to film anything, would've loved to do something.
He who say's he can, and he who say's he cant, are both usually right.

Longi

#5 » Post by Longi » 11 Oct 2015 15:08

so how you doing guys ?
hope so we have at least two teams working on this :)

Koriach

#6 » Post by Koriach » 12 Oct 2015 11:34

longi wrote:so how you doing guys ?
hope so we have at least two teams working on this :)

~Crickets~

I see people posting lots of videos so I don't know why not make something like this to promote TW. I would but i suck at editing movies :D or well actually never really tried learning :/ but I really hope someone would want to work on this.

Longi

#7 » Post by Longi » 12 Oct 2015 11:54

Gold reward, vote points reward and promote video on YouTube with a lot views :-D
I dont know what those ppl want IF this is low :-D