Bots?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
.Cerms

Bots?

#1 » Post by .Cerms » 19 Jan 2017 07:13

smartos

Re: Bots?

#2 » Post by smartos » 19 Jan 2017 08:01

Looks to me more like multiboxer/s.
Retired and deleted characters.

Zerosolitude - Frost/Unholy DK
Kroton - Retry/Prot Pala
Sweetstrike - Fury/Arms Warr
Erectionmage - Arcane/Fire Mage
Zeroshadows - Shadow Priest
Zeroarrows - MM Hunter
Zeroclaws - Kitty/Bear/Boomy
Zeromercy - CB/Ass Rogue
Zerocurses - Demo/Affliction Warlock
Zerototems - Ele/Enha Shamy

MerelyASetback
Donor

#3 » Post by MerelyASetback » 19 Jan 2017 08:07

Rejuv the madman!

(He's multiboxing)

Jiranthos
Admin

#4 » Post by Jiranthos » 19 Jan 2017 12:45

Rejuv was multiboxing many characters. This is permitted in PvE environments, but a bannable offense in PvP environments.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Glader

#5 » Post by Glader » 19 Jan 2017 13:06

Jiranthos wrote:Rejuv was multiboxing many characters. This is permitted in PvE environments, but a bannable offense in PvP environments.
<--- Rejuv

You should convince an ally player to 40box and then allow multiboxing in instanced PvP =P. It will increase BG queues and cause AVs to happen daily when both are online.

Are 5 BGs a day better than some BGs with multiboxers?

Or you could add a panel on the website that lets players flag their characters as Multiboxers and then add an opt-in ability to join BGs against multiboxers on the same panel. This would prevent anyone from seeing a multiboxer if they didn't want to and would allow others to participate in BGs, which would pop more frequently, if they are willing to fight again boxers. Would require some changes to the matchmaking system for BGs though.

Also, I'm almost level 10 now too lol.
40box Multiboxing Stream - https://www.twitch.tv/poe_hellokitty

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Jan 2017 13:23

Imo, multi-boxing should be limited. It looks kind of shady when you have more than 10 characters named the same playing together. :|
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Glader

#7 » Post by Glader » 19 Jan 2017 13:27

Gnurg wrote:Imo, multi-boxing should be limited. It looks kind of shady when you have more than 10 characters named the same playing together. :|
Why do you want to reduce the amount of characters a multiboxer can play? It's not like I'm multiboxing 1,000 or even 100. Just 40. That would just force me to multibox on another server tbh. It's crippling enough that you can't PvP like on some other servers, ones that have higher world pvp population and BGs queueing too, but you want to also limit below a full raid group too?

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 19 Jan 2017 13:47

Glader wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Imo, multi-boxing should be limited. It looks kind of shady when you have more than 10 characters named the same playing together. :|
Why do you want to reduce the amount of characters a multiboxer can play? It's not like I'm multiboxing 1,000 or even 100. Just 40. That would just force me to multibox on another server tbh. It's crippling enough that you can't PvP like on some other servers, ones that have higher world pvp population and BGs queueing too, but you want to also limit below a full raid group too?

Valid point. For Your desire.

What do you say about maybe start thinking about the entertainment of players around you? :D

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Glader

#9 » Post by Glader » 19 Jan 2017 13:57

Eronox wrote:
Glader wrote:

Valid point. For Your desire.

What do you say about maybe start thinking about the entertainment of players around you? :D
Who is around me? I've seen like two people in the world so far. Anyone else was visiting because I know them.

edit: Do you play on Primal? Your character list only shows true-wow characters.

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 19 Jan 2017 14:19

What a delusived world..

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Glader

#11 » Post by Glader » 19 Jan 2017 14:34

Eronox wrote:What a delusived world..
You've provided zero evidence that what I'm doing has effected anyone yet you call me deluded? Additionally I'm a player and can move between any server that suits me. I've been multiboxing since 2010 on retail and have always favored private servers that allow it. The only reason I didn't continue boxing on retail was Blizzard treated me poorly as a customer with the release of Scroll of Resurrection.

So instead of slinging insults why don't you bring something to the discussion instead? I don't really see how there could be too much discussion since I've not only encountered essentially nobody ingame but also, as a result, haven't effected anyone negatively.

So in what way should I consider the entertainment of other players? In what way have I not been considering that? You throw insults and half-baked vague suggestions but nothing tangible or useful. Very insulting.

Eronox
MVP

#12 » Post by Eronox » 19 Jan 2017 14:52

I'm sad to hear you feel that way, I really am.

The perspective of mine falls under the same category as it always do in my case: Player's experience. Entertainment giving ones, that is. Seing someone spamming characters whilst believing the server would have a legit population is a depressive fact to learn. I might not be a PW player, but I am indeed aware of the ongoings there and have a few so-to-be-called "friends" over there. Friends who by their own words have complained at the very fact that is being brought up here today, multiboxing. For a bolded meaning, one of them gave me the insight where a dissapointment was arised. This would be the scenairo aforementioned: Seeing a high pop but learns that it's solely one individual who multi-boxes. Something who was not meant for the game and not the way to play the game either. Very few of us understand the princip behind multi-boxing, for various reasons I believe we all can summé it to somewhat of a.. Unusual event.

So, rather than believing my words is meant to be insulting and seing them as vague, maybe we should take a notch down on our aggression and for once cooperate with the community within. As we both, we all, know that the community is not having its most glorious time these days. With the Legion expansion and revival of Nostalrius the community of ours have taken a hard hit. What I'm seing from your part, is something who can be seen as a factor for an additional useless suffering. Let's bring forth the scenario once again: A player sees a decent value of population, pops open /who and finds a multiboxer of 40 chars. ("Hmm. This server only consists of multiboxers, no population!")

This is, afterall, a scenario made out from honesty. My sources are people who has been a member of PW since a while back.

Off-Topic: It's not everyday I make such a elaborated comment. I guess I do it today just to prevent your inner fire to drip out of the can :)

PS. My concerns of multi-boxing is low, but the amount of it may result into something aforementioned.

- J.R Cash

Glader

#13 » Post by Glader » 19 Jan 2017 15:07

Eronox wrote:I'm sad to hear you feel that way, I really am.

The perspective of mine falls under the same category as it always do in my case: Player's experience. Entertainment giving ones, that is. Seing someone spamming characters whilst believing the server would have a legit population is a depressive fact to learn. I might not be a PW player, but I am indeed aware of the ongoings there and have a few so-to-be-called "friends" over there. Friends who by their own words have complained at the very fact that is being brought up here today, multiboxing. For a bolded meaning, one of them gave me the insight where a dissapointment was arised. This would be the scenairo aforementioned: Seeing a high pop but learns that it's solely one individual who multi-boxes. Something who was not meant for the game and not the way to play the game either. Very few of us understand the princip behind multi-boxing, for various reasons I believe we all can summé it to somewhat of a.. Unusual event.

So, rather than believing my words is meant to be insulting and seing them as vague, maybe we should take a notch down on our aggression and for once cooperate with the community within. As we both, we all, know that the community is not having its most glorious time these days. With the Legion expansion and revival of Nostalrius the community of ours have taken a hard hit. What I'm seing from your part, is something who can be seen as a factor for an additional useless suffering. Let's bring forth the scenario once again: A player sees a decent value of population, pops open /who and finds a multiboxer of 40 chars. ("Hmm. This server only consists of multiboxers, no population!")

This is, afterall, a scenario made out from honesty. My sources are people who has been a member of PW since a while back.

Off-Topic: It's not everyday I make such a elaborated comment. I guess I do it today just to prevent your inner fire to drip out of the can :)

PS. My concerns of multi-boxing is low, but the amount of it may result into something aforementioned.
Your "friends" who have not interacted at all with me, haven't seen me in the world and probably don't even know me are complaining about me playing in Durotar alone? Ridiculous.

How TrueWoW tracks and displays population is not my concern. If someone comes to PrimalWoW, sees 130 people online and then starts playing only to relealize it's 90 people and 1 multiboxer playing how exactly is that a bad thing? Not only is that person playing on Primal now but if he is discouraged by the lesser population, as you're describing this theoretical nonexistent person, then he wouldn't have logged in then. Your argument makes no sense. If anything you just described a benefit. I mean, take a look at Molten and Warmane. They've faked their population in many ways and it has worked out. I'm a legitimate player playing these characters. Warmane uses clever tricks, tricks I've replicated on Trinitycore myself for fun, to make it look like there are players in zones that aren't really there. Yet they're winning the private server wars in many respects. So again, seems like a non-issue at worst. A benefit at best.

If your complaint is that some theoretical person who're you're just strawmanning is going to log into this low pop server and realize it's slightly lower than it appears on the website, and then leave for that reason, then that's just ridiculous. It's obvious that player wants a certain population that Primal doesn't have. That player logged into PrimalWoW knowing it was low pop and after realizing the true population leaves then the net effect is nothing. He doesn't want to play on this server with the true population numbers, which are also low, so what is the loss? That player isn't going to play. If anything, like I said, it got him to log in based on your described scenario. This is to completely ignore the fact that several people are logged in afk or on multiple alts at once. The active population is far lower than anyone will want to acknowledge.

Best I can do is offer to change my names so it's not obvious I'm multiboxing in /who. That would require me to work with a GM, select new names that don't cause conflicts with WoW's targeting system since things like "RejuvA" and "RejuvAA" actually cause conflicts. Would take a lot of effort to change all of that. Just for your theoretical scenario.

Eronox
MVP

#14 » Post by Eronox » 19 Jan 2017 15:16

This is obviously not my fight to take ^_^
I'm just voicing my opinion as every community member ever. I guess it's a weak spot for some :o

- J.R Cash

Longi

#15 » Post by Longi » 19 Jan 2017 16:43

Glader wrote:
Eronox wrote:I'm sad to hear you feel that way, I really am.

Your "friends" who have not interacted at all with me, haven't seen me in the world and probably don't even know me are complaining about me playing in Durotar alone? Ridiculous.

How TrueWoW tracks and displays population is not my concern. If someone comes to PrimalWoW, sees 130 people online and then starts playing only to relealize it's 90 people and 1 multiboxer playing how exactly is that a bad thing? Not only is that person playing on Primal now but if he is discouraged by the lesser population, as you're describing this theoretical nonexistent person, then he wouldn't have logged in then. Your argument makes no sense. If anything you just described a benefit. I mean, take a look at Molten and Warmane. They've faked their population in many ways and it has worked out. I'm a legitimate player playing these characters. Warmane uses clever tricks, tricks I've replicated on Trinitycore myself for fun, to make it look like there are players in zones that aren't really there. Yet they're winning the private server wars in many respects. So again, seems like a non-issue at worst. A benefit at best.

If your complaint is that some theoretical person who're you're just strawmanning is going to log into this low pop server and realize it's slightly lower than it appears on the website, and then leave for that reason, then that's just ridiculous. It's obvious that player wants a certain population that Primal doesn't have. That player logged into PrimalWoW knowing it was low pop and after realizing the true population leaves then the net effect is nothing. He doesn't want to play on this server with the true population numbers, which are also low, so what is the loss? That player isn't going to play. If anything, like I said, it got him to log in based on your described scenario. This is to completely ignore the fact that several people are logged in afk or on multiple alts at once. The active population is far lower than anyone will want to acknowledge.

Best I can do is offer to change my names so it's not obvious I'm multiboxing in /who. That would require me to work with a GM, select new names that don't cause conflicts with WoW's targeting system since things like "RejuvA" and "RejuvAA" actually cause conflicts. Would take a lot of effort to change all of that. Just for your theoretical scenario.
They would just like to have your computer, because their potato machines cannot handle more than 3 characters for dualboxing :D