Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

Gnurg

Re: Cross-faction on TrueWoW?

#196 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Dec 2016 21:16

chickenbutt wrote:I did Halls as Horde with Jaina and was able to attack and kill NPCs on the alliance gunship
Did the Alliance on the gunship attack you (if you didn't attack them) and give you troubles picking up the loot or using the portal? Or was it just a bonus prize to get to slaughter Alliance NPCs for completing the instance?

As for Jaina/Sylvannas, I think there will be a problem for people trying to complete the ICC Dungeon questline. Horde would require it to be Sylvannas around and Alliance would need Alliance around.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Brennus

#197 » Post by Brennus » 26 Dec 2016 22:09

Have just completed Trial of the Champion as Alliance (my Druid).
The party was 3 Allies (Tank and 2 DPS) and 2 Hordes (Healer and 1 DPS).

The faction champions were bugged (as expected) but completable - they were: Eressea Dawnsinger (Blood Elf Mage), Deathstalker Visceri (Undead Rogue) and Runok Wildmane (Tauren Shaman).

The horde could attack the minor champions, but not the major ones (the ones described above).
That was kind of a nuisance but, in the end, it went well I guess.

We were able to communicate, and I have not noticed any issued with buffs/heals.
In my humble opinion, it went better than I expected (mainly because it is still in the first week).

[hr=10][/hr]
Edit: complementing information.
Last edited by Brennus on 28 Dec 2016 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Gadoschi
Donor

#198 » Post by Gadoschi » 27 Dec 2016 15:03

Could we have 1 global channel for both factions so we can communicate on when to queue for what or to be able to LFM within members of the other faction when we exhaust raid potential in our own faction?

I have seen a number of players complain about this.

Perhaps only 1 dedicated realm channel would be nice, while leaving current channels to be faction only.
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

chickenbutt
Donor

#199 » Post by chickenbutt » 27 Dec 2016 19:01

I love this so much, just speeding through RHCs when queued as tank or healer :.D :.D; When I wanted the other faction to join, I logged an alt and asked people to join RHC in LFG/World

I'm getting a lot of RankWatch notifications but I "can only whisper to members of your own faction." :.DD
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Brennus

#200 » Post by Brennus » 28 Dec 2016 08:12

More feedback:

Just got Trial of the Champion again.
No one seemed to queue specific - seems like luck has brought me again to this instance.

This time, my druid was the only Alliance character inside, and dungeon leader was horde as well. I was tanking by the way.

The faction champions were Colosos (Draenei Shaman), Jaelyne Evensong (Night Elf Hunter) and Lana Stouthammer (Dwarf Rogue).

I could attack the minor champions with my the horse, but not the major ones.
After unmounting, I still couldn't help. They were friendly to me.

The rest of the RHC went well.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

bracken819

#201 » Post by bracken819 » 30 Dec 2016 08:06

I have done quite a few RHC's since crossfaction has been enabled, 1 issue I might raise is that I have seen two Battered Hilts drop so far, but to my knowledge the opposing faction does not get to see their equivalent. This is demonstrated by them not rolling, and on one occasion I asked if they could see it, and the Alliance said no.

Unfortunately I didn't SS the 2 dungeons, 1 was HoR the other PoS. Can message me in game for more info on Feirus if required. I can't think of an easy solution to this off the top of my head.

blagovest_tonev

#202 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 30 Dec 2016 08:28

The RDF activity is quite better now, but really, open a crossfaction channel so we can tell the opposite faction to queue, it will make it even better ;)

Gnurg

#203 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Dec 2016 10:19

bracken819 wrote:I have done quite a few RHC's since crossfaction has been enabled, 1 issue I might raise is that I have seen two Battered Hilts drop so far, but to my knowledge the opposing faction does not get to see their equivalent. This is demonstrated by them not rolling, and on one occasion I asked if they could see it, and the Alliance said no.

Unfortunately I didn't SS the 2 dungeons, 1 was HoR the other PoS. Can message me in game for more info on Feirus if required. I can't think of an easy solution to this off the top of my head.
From how I understod it. Alliance one drops, only Alliance may roll and Horde may not roll?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

bracken819

#204 » Post by bracken819 » 30 Dec 2016 10:25

From what I have seen, it looks as if in the case of a Hilt dropping, it will take the form of which ever instance type the dungeon is (ie. Alliance Hilt with Jaina, Horde with Sylv). And so it will not be made available to anyone in the dungeon not of that faction. I guess is up to the community if they feel this is an interaction they are happy with.

Gnurg

#205 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Dec 2016 13:28

bracken819 wrote:From what I have seen, it looks as if in the case of a Hilt dropping, it will take the form of which ever instance type the dungeon is (ie. Alliance Hilt with Jaina, Horde with Sylv). And so it will not be made available to anyone in the dungeon not of that faction. I guess is up to the community if they feel this is an interaction they are happy with.
It doesn't depend on which type of instance it is. Horde one is simply not visible for Alliance players, and Alliance one isn't visible for Horde players. That means if it's a full Alliance group and the Horde one drops, no one will see it, but it is still there... just not lootable by anyone.

I'd say this is the best solution, as an Alliance players shouldn't have any use of the Horde one (besides selling it), and vice verca.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

wsucougar07

#206 » Post by wsucougar07 » 01 Jan 2017 23:29

Yes and at least make so we can talk to the other faction in world to ask people to que up.

freehall2002

#207 » Post by freehall2002 » 03 Jan 2017 17:39

i say +1 to all xfaction raid,arena,bg,well rdf and rhc is done xfaction. coz server is almost at dead end if u don't do it now many more will go atleast those who are staying can feel warmth and not lonely to stay in bg que for 1 hr and those who are threating that if u do this i will leave the server then fuck u . u will leave eventually and only thinking about yourself and u are acting like u have done 10000000000 stuff for the server so keep your ego to yourself coz i know why u don't want xfaction coz u don't like that player so thats ego for u ignore him/her or if u can't beat it join them.

Eronox
MVP

#208 » Post by Eronox » 07 Jan 2017 02:19

As a feedback to the actual implented feature, all I have to say is that I do actually like it. The idea from origin didn't seem fit for me but after today I regret every word I said about Not having this at all time.

Not only do you meet new friends over the community, the queue times are reduced significantly as well! That may be the biggest addition in my opinion since doing the same quest on seperate characters does kill one very.. very.. slowly.

I know I dropped a positive comment somewhere in this jungle, implying that this possible addition would affect us in a good way, and that I believe such in a much bigger sense now thanks to this!

That's my feedback.

FYI:
Keep it! :tick:

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Ratmout
Donor

#209 » Post by Ratmout » 07 Jan 2017 03:34

Any update about this?
How much time this discussion will take?

Clawmaker

#210 » Post by Clawmaker » 07 Jan 2017 05:56

+1 from me "Alliance is totally dead".