Twinking 70-79

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Naljs

Re: Twinking 70-79

#316 » Post by Naljs » 22 Dec 2014 01:06

Well it's not that rough tbh, I feel I can handle myself pretty well and it'll be easier once I hit 78 and get that crafted crap. The only thing I have to practice is to keep you from getting out of combat after you bubble and LoS me, when you mount up and come at me a 2nd time I'm pretty much screwed. So yeah, proper kiting I guess. It'll come in due time, fighting twinks as low geared is the best practice :)
But yeah, many attacks do go through Deterrence, some attacks do it all the time while some only does it occassionally. But each and every attack has a potential of going through, which kinda messes with my playstyle, lol.

I haven't seen this bracket enough to actually know what people are good and what people are bad. But I still have a long way to go, so I'll be back with updates of what players I think deserves promotion, and I'll also give tips to players I face of what I see they can do to improve. No offense intended as I only which to face harder opponents so I can learn and improve my own play.

Ilillill you do have good damage. Better than most people in this bracket. Remember to use the Art of War procs for FoL's more often though, dispel your fellow teammates (like the rogues when I mark them!) and be a great assistance to your team using Hands and offheals (after all that's what paladins are for) and you'll have a high potential ;) I mean really high. I'd like to see you reach it.
I've really Only seen Justicelight play ret this way, and BG's are very hard when he's in the opposing team.

For Keith I would recommend getting Glyph of Overpower. It helps greatly vs both Hunters and DKs. Both which can be your bane if played well. Other than that you play the warrior better than most I've seen in this bracket. I say most because I haven't seen you that much and we had some crazy lvl 70 nelf warrior on Bloodcraft called Stalwart who always topped the charts.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Sidis

#317 » Post by Sidis » 22 Dec 2014 01:55

I do dispel as much as I can, heal people and hand out err, well hand out hands! ;) Thing is Shamen and Hunters are bane of my existence and need to die ASAP, thats why you often see me tunnel them and trying to put out as much damage as possible. If hunter doesnt die or catches me without nets/Repentance it is easy for him to kite until paladin is dead and hunters do a lot of damage so it doesnt take long, same with Shaman. As for Art of War procs, without Sacred Shield there isnt much point in using it, especially with heal debuff, 700-800 heal isnt that much... Even with heal weapon+shield it only really works vs DKs and paladins who dont have heal reduction and only 1v1 because I still die pretty fast to geared twinks.

shaun03

#318 » Post by shaun03 » 22 Dec 2014 08:19

Naljs, who is your character?
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

shaun03

#319 » Post by shaun03 » 22 Dec 2014 08:41

Sidis wrote:P.S. Shaun you have numerous posts here and in "post your score" thread, I never ever ever queue with someone or wait someone, my connection is crappy these days and it tends to break from time to time (maybe you noticed me lagging out and going some random direction occasionally), I never log out of BGs. Not once. Maybe you can see me relogging and resetting conenction but thats it.
Lowbies tend to quit and then some twink gets in, same thing happens on alliance. Stay stronk keep queueing. Cheers.
If I do recall, I made exactly 4 posts - all of which were with my lower level characters against level 79 twinks. Even though I may be well geared on them, like you said, even with full brutal, you still get killed pretty quickly. IF you were to take the time to read through this thread, as well as be in a couple of guild chats, many people don't understand why I like twinking at 70 (72 for my hunter), there were many people who doubted it as well, I did not mean to offend anybody, and if you felt offended by me posting mere proof of the viability of a low level twink, I'm not going to apologise to you because that would make all my hard work for nothing...

And don't talk bull please, you were playing fine that bg, you didn't lag once (I live in South Africa, on a shitty 1mb connection, on which my gf and I both play, so I know what lag is), you disappeared completely while your counterparts were dropping like flies. You must have been screaming out in world chat and lfg for twinks to join(or perhaps it was Markedcorpse, seeing that you were nowhere to be found), Apathy doesn't join often, so its an exception which stimulates suspicion.

Despite this, as well as your prior indiscretions, I am glad you joined this bracket. It's always nice to see people taking the time to keep bgs constant, rather than just levelling to 80.

P.S. Naljs, I like that - please also comment on me as well! (Might be hard because we don't really face each other, so Ilillillililllilililililllilliilliliilililil if you feel like you'd be willing to give constructive criticism, then it would be appreciated) but be nice, 200-300ms really stuffs up a hunters "first hit on target", warriors I struggle with alot, I usually end up being charged before I get chance to /concussive shot /serpent sting /auto shot /pet charge them.

Naljs

#320 » Post by Naljs » 22 Dec 2014 14:13

It's a hunter still in the lvling process and I'm not so good at it yet so you may not know of it - Mygrain. And for everyone who makes the migraine joke, try YouTube MyGrain. :)
Sadly I don't know if I've played with you? Seen your paladin in SW once or twice, but I don't play so often + I'm playing with a friend that goes afk a lot so BG don't happen too often. When they do happen he usually gets called for dinner >_>
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
It's called a Throne.

shaun03

#321 » Post by shaun03 » 22 Dec 2014 15:07

Oh yes, I've seen you before, we have done 2 / 3 bgs together, my most active character recently is "Windsvoice", also a hunter! :P

The only person who you should try to learn from, as a hunter is Dezolator, he's really the best at the bracket, to the point you'd think he's bug abusing/hacking. His burst is just insane... As a hunter, at this bracket at least, the only thing you need to worry about after learning how to kite properly is how to burst whenever you are able to. If you can master that, then you'll have an easier time at 80 as well.

P.S. Because alliance don't necessarily have the number of really good twinks, as the horde do, we do get a lot of exposure to players who know what they're doing, so good job at choosing the underpowered faction! :P

hardstyle

#322 » Post by hardstyle » 22 Dec 2014 15:50

Sorry Shaun, but there really isn't much to learn from Dezo. He's just throwing all his CDs off in the beginning of each fight. Pet stun and silencing shot seems to be his openers, so just LOS after getting silenced, and he has nothing to interrupt spell casts with. I've almost only seen him use feign death when melees get close to him, barely ever as a spell casting interrupt. Same goes to his use of deterrence. If you want to "learn" from a MM hunter on horde, learn from Stronghunter. He knows how to time his CD's, and placing a spell cast on him is a lot harder unless he is CC'd or rooted in melee range.

I guess I have to mention Shanalotte again. Although Shanalotte is playing survival without readiness, the CC and interrupting is on another level compared to the other hunters. The burst is even better than Dezo's as well. And try to get out of LOS from him/her, and you will see some awesome use of disengage. :)

I guess you have to play a caster to actually notice the huge difference. ;)

Ellyon

#323 » Post by Ellyon » 22 Dec 2014 17:51

From what I've seen, these are the alliance players in the bracket who I think deserve some credit. Some of them haven't been active lately, some of them have always been and some have deleted their characters (or maybe renamed).

Mage: nope
Druid: Karen
Priest: Arcruid
Rogue: Oopsidaisy
Hunter: Stingsz
Warrior: Tariona
Paladin: Sheldon
Warlock: Gamash
Shaman: Noobzalator
Death Knight: Acie
Ellyon - 80 Frost Mage
Ellynor - 79 Frost Mage
Licentia - 69 Retribution Paladin
Mariko - leveling
January - leveling

Exor

#324 » Post by Exor » 22 Dec 2014 18:39

(I live in South Africa, on a shitty 1mb connection)
same, dont think anyone will ever understand it

Sidis

#325 » Post by Sidis » 22 Dec 2014 19:07

Ah Garnluz and Mygrain, you guys are a tough fight waiting to happen when you get your PvP set. Cheers!

Knewklear
Donor

#326 » Post by Knewklear » 23 Dec 2014 03:28

[youtube]CtwJvgPJ9xw[/youtube]
My twinky boiz can't wait until I pass on to 80 :lol:

Naljs

#327 » Post by Naljs » 23 Dec 2014 05:09

shaun03 wrote:Oh yes, I've seen you before, we have done 2 / 3 bgs together, my most active character recently is "Windsvoice", also a hunter! :P

The only person who you should try to learn from, as a hunter is Dezolator, he's really the best at the bracket, to the point you'd think he's bug abusing/hacking. His burst is just insane... As a hunter, at this bracket at least, the only thing you need to worry about after learning how to kite properly is how to burst whenever you are able to. If you can master that, then you'll have an easier time at 80 as well.

P.S. Because alliance don't necessarily have the number of really good twinks, as the horde do, we do get a lot of exposure to players who know what they're doing, so good job at choosing the underpowered faction! :P
Oh it's you! Yes that hunter I know of, Windsvoice :) My first BG in this bracket was with you and Acie (I always queue with Garnluz so don't have to mention that right now :D) and later Noobzalator joined in too :) Yeah I remember :D
Regarding the horde hunter twinks, the best I've seen was some level 70 (or 71, 72?) orc Survival hunter I don't remember the name of right now. He seemed to know how to use Feign Death/Deterrence/Wyvern Sting/Scatter Shot/Ravage to avoid spell casts quite alright :D
I'm still trying to work out in my head exactly what it was Boxis did to my priest and exactly when he blew Prep, to learn how to control a caster properly.. that Apathy guy *mumbles*.. oh well, in due time :)
Sidis wrote:Ah Garnluz and Mygrain, you guys are a tough fight waiting to happen when you get your PvP set. Cheers!
So you figured out who my queuing partner is (not so hard I guess since there's been many 2v2's between us, lol), we're both still trying to get in shape though, well I'm learning and Garnluz used to be a beast feral and is trying to get back into it again after a long break from WoW :D I must say that the LoH you managed on that rogue at like 10% hp today was :((( so close, Kill Shot just a GCD away :(
It's called a Throne.

SomethingWitty

#328 » Post by SomethingWitty » 24 Dec 2014 12:42

Naljs wrote: Oh it's you! Yes that hunter I know of, Windsvoice :) My first BG in this bracket was with you and Acie (I always queue with Garnluz so don't have to mention that right now :D) and later Noobzalator joined in too :) Yeah I remember :D
Regarding the horde hunter twinks, the best I've seen was some level 70 (or 71, 72?) orc Survival hunter I don't remember the name of right now. He seemed to know how to use Feign Death/Deterrence/Wyvern Sting/Scatter Shot/Ravage to avoid spell casts quite alright :D
I'm still trying to work out in my head exactly what it was Boxis did to my priest and exactly when he blew Prep, to learn how to control a caster properly.. that Apathy guy *mumbles*.. oh well, in due time :)

i don't know how it is at 79 but hunters vs spriests is probably the most uneven matchup in the whole game; when you consider all classes and specs(not including healers ofc). wouldn't waste time against them, they don't even need VT all they need is devouring and sw:p and you're gonna be dead long before you see that kill shot message pop up.

sw:p-->dp-->dp-->dp-->some random heals here and there-->dp-->…
have fun playing against this joke

maybe its different at 79 with reduced resil and no haste on the spriests gear, but i wouldn't know.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Naljs

#329 » Post by Naljs » 24 Dec 2014 16:11

Yes I know how it is, I've managed to kill them 1v3 on my priest both as shadow and disc. Very few hunters are actually good, many are just average and know how to burst, which is not enough to beat a priest. What I meant in previous post was that I met Boxis/Bigbeard in arena and Boxis had a really nice CC chain on me, where trinketing the freeze trap gave me around 2-3 sec free and I would've killed Boxis hadn't Bigbeard tossed a heal or 2 (dots op k), but that was about it, I didn't have a chance to cast even an instant spell before the CC's started again and my partner died. Doing that with priests or any healer in 70's should be enough to win most group fights. :)
It's called a Throne.

Sidis

#330 » Post by Sidis » 24 Dec 2014 23:41

75k honor to go!

Stay stronk keep up the queue!