Can we fix this already?

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Fivecapz

Re: Can we fix this already?

#31 » Post by Fivecapz » 14 May 2015 18:38

Justicelight wrote:To be honest I would love paladin's http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=53382 to act like Deep Wounds, like proccing it on auto attack too not only on specials, that will be too op :D.

Anyway, whoever gets "3 shoted" by a warrior is totally wrong to call it that way. Do you know what makes a warrior op in pvp? It is not the abilities damage itself, which if you calculate his stats compare them to your stats (armor, resil, def talents, auras) you will see that the numbers are correct.

How a warrior can literally destroy his target its not about that 1251521 dmg he does in his 4 abilities but its what it comes after, the dots generated from those attacks, those are the real pressure, because when those abilities come back from cooldown the next set of attacks will create even more pressure.

That is why you cannot tank a warrior endlessly in pvp, no matter what your class is, without intrerupting his wounds stacking by crits. If you manage to halt a warriors dots in mid fight you will cut his output by more than 50% in terms of total damage.

Why do you think they go for crit? Because dot stacking, that's why, Deep wounds stacking with itself on each reapplication + rend (using even Shadow's edge and atleast 5k attack power can put a 1k+ dmg dot if done at 75% or more of target's hp). Warriors are like semi-ferals, except they get automatic dots on target while doing their damage abilities. The perfect example is bladestorm: if your BS has 100% crit chance, even if will do like 2.5k crit per damage x6, which is normal damage, you will feel it way worse only because it crited, and it generated http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=12849 stacking with itself at a very high rate (the less time between critical strikes, the less time for original Deep wounds damage pool to be dispersed in time, the higher the damage increases per Deep wounds damage inflict -> Imagine 3k stacked Deep wounds damaging you each second, lol)

Anyway, I feel like we need some class discussion topic out of here xD

rogues kite warriors. they still die from 1-2 rends. and deep wounds only from TC crits which shouldnt even hit you at all, but the charge minimum range is so small that it's uneblievably hard to kite compared to how it should be from my personal expirience. so argument can still be made.
He who say's he can, and he who say's he cant, are both usually right.

SomethingWitty

#32 » Post by SomethingWitty » 19 May 2015 16:49

Lol this argument is so flawed. Because stacking up crit for deep wounds is what all warriors are aiming for, let's just forget about the fact that you just CRIT someone in the first place. Ok fuck the 1251521 damage he does, its all about those dots right…logic?

Sure against dps the dots do their work but against healers nah. Just imagine that warrior crits were all converted into dot effects, for instance a normal 4k crit would turn into

1K+DW damage|1K+DW damage|1K+DW damage|1K+DW damage

spread over 4 secs. i think you'll find killing healers significantly harder. Warriors aren't aff locks you don't win games by creating sustained pressure with 0 burst, you win by burst and cc.

What makes warrs op in pvp is their mobility (2 gap closers and intervene), undispellable MS effect, def cd's, regen, scalability with arp, interrupt, UA, 1 immunity spell and the ability to randomly get a viable kill target out of nowhere if rng is on your side. Save charge on cd, get a overpower proc wait for 4-5 secs. Make a switch

chop MS crit chop OP crit chop OP crit chop HS

and if you get interrupted/UA'ed as a healer just pray someones gonna peel for you. In fact, against SM warrs you either juke yourself to death or you just die.

If it's a healer (except druid) fighting a warrior 1v1, ceteris paribus, healer will win. Druid vs warr no one will win.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

Myaoming
Former Staff

#33 » Post by Myaoming » 22 May 2015 04:32

You're so confident about the Resto Druid vs Warr statement :D

Anyway I don't think there's something that makes Warriors OP. They aren't OP. Their problem is that they can't do shit when they are properly kited, and it's not terribly hard to kite between them and their minimum charge/intercept range with good reflexes. And their only snare removal besides trinket is Bladestorm...

I think TW lacks those UH DKs that make people cry.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

ItchyVortex

#34 » Post by ItchyVortex » 22 May 2015 09:35

Myaoming wrote:And their only snare removal besides trinket is Bladestorm...
Hand of freedom...
And about rdruid v warr... yeah its possible for both to win but second wind does a lot of work for the warrior without him having to press a button.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

belendor

#35 » Post by belendor » 22 May 2015 10:24

Anyway, can we fix this?
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Nyeriah

#36 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 May 2015 10:29

I thought it already was at last update?

belendor

#37 » Post by belendor » 22 May 2015 10:39

idk, haven't checked. I just found it funny to say 'can we fix this' on the 'can we fix this' topic, sry :p
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Exor

#38 » Post by Exor » 25 May 2015 17:18

can we fix stupid ravager stun cd?

Exor

#39 » Post by Exor » 25 May 2015 17:19

and not to mention trinking the stun being useless since you cant cast or move for the stun duration