[Canceled] Ulduar 25 (Alliance)

Share your victories and discuss tactics, encounters and group composition, and look to future challenges for your band of heroes.
marko1984

Re: Ulduar 25 (Alliance)

#16 » Post by marko1984 » 29 Sep 2015 15:01

marko1984 wrote:Tactics from my point of view....
1 MT tanks boss in the middle
2 (very good) or 3 (good) heals and 12-13 DPSers all in mele range AT ALL times, 1 shaman assigned to interupt all casts, 1 rogue on heal reduce duty
9 runner team should consist of 3 palas to help with dmg from Mark of the faceless...all 9 runners with Tuskar enchant on boots
1 Main Runner in our case me, a mage, all other runners just use /follow on main runner (main runner should be a person without any other moevement increase buff/enchant/pot/elixier so that speed is constant and followers dont fall behind)
Now the tricky thing is latency.. all 9 runners MUST have less then 50ms...
Now in my case i just ran circles around the boss thru the whole fight just keeping range so my Counter Spell is in range... if i moved too far and it isnt in range i moved back slowly that way keeping 40 or less yards distance and preventing boss from hitting mele range ppl with his shadow missle
Other runners should use their pets or dot spells to kill saronite vapors before they come close to DPS group and cause a wipe, doing that u never stop following.. just use spells and pets
Runner team shouldnt stop following even if hit by mark of the faceless... reduced healing should do the trick (our group of 12 DPSers downed around 34 million hp with heals)
So basicly all u have to do i run thru the whole fight within some 30y range spell from boss and have nibs follow u...
It took us a bit of practice but ts very doable!
This is the only shadowdodge tactics that ever worked for us... i hope it helps :)
Three mages!

Gnurg

#17 » Post by Gnurg » 29 Sep 2015 15:25

marko1984 wrote:
marko1984 wrote:Tactics from my point of view....
1 MT tanks boss in the middle
2 (very good) or 3 (good) heals and 12-13 DPSers all in mele range AT ALL times, 1 shaman assigned to interupt all casts, 1 rogue on heal reduce duty
9 runner team should consist of 3 palas to help with dmg from Mark of the faceless...all 9 runners with Tuskar enchant on boots
1 Main Runner in our case me, a mage, all other runners just use /follow on main runner (main runner should be a person without any other moevement increase buff/enchant/pot/elixier so that speed is constant and followers dont fall behind)
Now the tricky thing is latency.. all 9 runners MUST have less then 50ms...
Now in my case i just ran circles around the boss thru the whole fight just keeping range so my Counter Spell is in range... if i moved too far and it isnt in range i moved back slowly that way keeping 40 or less yards distance and preventing boss from hitting mele range ppl with his shadow missle
Other runners should use their pets or dot spells to kill saronite vapors before they come close to DPS group and cause a wipe, doing that u never stop following.. just use spells and pets
Runner team shouldnt stop following even if hit by mark of the faceless... reduced healing should do the trick (our group of 12 DPSers downed around 34 million hp with heals)
So basicly all u have to do i run thru the whole fight within some 30y range spell from boss and have nibs follow u...
It took us a bit of practice but ts very doable!
This is the only shadowdodge tactics that ever worked for us... i hope it helps :)
Thanks, will be useful when we grab Shadowdodger. :3 Any idea on how to deal with phase 3 of YS+0 though? :o Do we ignore the adds and let the tank hold them?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#18 » Post by Errorista » 29 Sep 2015 15:41

Well, in perfect world without any bugs you should dps them, yogg-saron will occasionally mark 3 immortal guardians which will heal themselves and all other guardians+boss, those 3 must be taunted away from group of 1% hp guardians or they will heal and hit imba hard and overwhelm tanks/healers soon.

On TW however, yogg-saron target all guardians except one for some reason which make standart tactic unusable, we managed that with 3 tanks, 5 healers (2 must be hpalas) and somehow overhealed it with icc hc gear as there is no point to actually dps them coz all get full health anyway, well our mdps were dpsing them as they were rather useless with old yogg-saron hitbox. This is actual advantage for you atm which we didnt have, you can use melee on dpsing boss and overheal it with OP tanks/healers in shorter time than us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vAuCjkwAc

Gnurg

#19 » Post by Gnurg » 29 Sep 2015 16:19

Errorista wrote:Well, in perfect world without any bugs you should dps them, yogg-saron will occasionally mark 3 immortal guardians which will heal themselves and all other guardians+boss, those 3 must be taunted away from group of 1% hp guardians or they will heal and hit imba hard and overwhelm tanks/healers soon.

On TW however, yogg-saron target all guardians except one for some reason which make standart tactic unusable, we managed that with 3 tanks, 5 healers (2 must be hpalas) and somehow overhealed it with icc hc gear as there is no point to actually dps them coz all get full health anyway, well our mdps were dpsing them as they were rather useless with old yogg-saron hitbox. This is actual advantage for you atm which we didnt have, you can use melee on dpsing boss and overheal it with OP tanks/healers in shorter time than us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vAuCjkwAc
Was something like that I had in mind. Two tanks won't be sufficent though? With proper CC and kiting?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#20 » Post by Errorista » 29 Sep 2015 16:33

they cant really move as they are on sides and pick up fast any add who spawn instantly or ppl get one shotted

Gnurg

#21 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Oct 2015 23:49

Guild runs have been reshuffled. That means the Ulduar 25 run will be moved to tuesdays instead of mondays. Still at the same time though!

Tuesdays 19:30-23:00!
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#22 » Post by Wilcox » 06 Oct 2015 07:21

FRAGMENTS. ARE. MINE.

Gnurg

#23 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Oct 2015 20:43

We're running Naxxramas 25 - Immortal this week instead of Ulduar 25. Hopefully there will be more interrest than what we've had for the previous weeks. :?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#24 » Post by Errorista » 30 Oct 2015 21:06

nice, good idea + it will help me with my plan with naxxramas bugtracker full bug report :)

belendor

#25 » Post by belendor » 31 Oct 2015 02:46

Forgot to upload bugged thorim and hodir, will do it now
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

elementalice

#26 » Post by elementalice » 02 Nov 2015 09:29

pls Bele tank Instructor:)))))

Gnurg

#27 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Nov 2015 20:36

belendor wrote:Forgot to upload bugged thorim and hodir, will do it now
/shoo This isn't the place for this. :x

We're starting off at 19:00 this week. And it's Naxxramas.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

Re: [Canceled] Ulduar 25 (Alliance)

#28 » Post by Gnurg » 03 Nov 2015 19:18

Decided on canceling this run for now. The interrest of the last few weeks have gone from 90 minutes to gather, to simply not gathering. :|
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#29 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Nov 2015 19:32

Gnurg wrote:Decided on canceling this run for now. The interrest of the last few weeks have gone from 90 minutes to gather, to simply not gathering. :|
this needs more wilcox in it

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#30 » Post by Errorista » 03 Nov 2015 19:36

lel, i logged 19:30 as usual, sorry didnt see you changed time to 19:00 :)