A story of TW

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Arockalypse
Donor

Re: A story of TW

#121 » Post by Arockalypse » 07 May 2015 07:18

Knewklear wrote:How to get Arockalypse to be nice to you 101: Pass away.
actually Sheena and i were close ingame friends so... :)
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Wilcox

#122 » Post by Wilcox » 07 May 2015 09:40

he only suggested a 101. way tho

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#123 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 11 May 2015 13:28

When is the next episode of game of true wow coming out?
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Bluebell
Former Staff

#124 » Post by Bluebell » 11 May 2015 16:29

Tonight
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#125 » Post by SyntaxError » 11 May 2015 16:46

Oh that's evil... I saw that the most recent post was by Bluebell and.... NOTHING
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!

Cocopuffs
Donor

#126 » Post by Cocopuffs » 11 May 2015 21:28

who the fuck deleted my post here?

I said "too nerdy, didn't read."

it's my opinion, deal it with democrats.

Nyeriah

#127 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 May 2015 21:29

None, you didn't even post it

Chasity
Former Staff

#128 » Post by Chasity » 11 May 2015 21:31

He did. Is at page 7 :D anyway waiting for the next chapter :D
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"

Wilcox

#129 » Post by Wilcox » 11 May 2015 21:32

nobody wants to see a post from you, nor your unconstructive & worthless opinions. if you didnt read it, keep it to yourself. if you think this is too nerdy and you can do better, go ahead and prove everyone wrong

finally, have some respect for the effort blue has put into all this. he didnt write those to see your negative posts. your comments would have been accepted if they contained criticism. however they are sorrily far from making any sense at all

openly insulting a creation of imagination and effort is just terrible

Eisen
Donor

#130 » Post by Eisen » 12 May 2015 01:03

Cocopuffs wrote:who the fuck deleted my post here?

I said "too nerdy, didn't read."

it's my opinion, deal it with democrats.
Well technically it could be deleted for OT (since this topic isn't in the OT section and you didn't contribute to anything in any sense whatsoever, if you can't offer concrit maybe keep it to yourself?), but you had to kick yourself in the head and claim it was when it wasn't. But then judging by your 'comeback' on the RL pics thread I suppose not much more can be expected.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them, but no dude wants to see the others'. Well if one takes that out of context, then this forum is one hell of a flash-fest, but hey... don't take it out of context then! xD
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
bnet: Eisen#2183

keez
Donor

#131 » Post by keez » 12 May 2015 01:18

Cocopuffs wrote:didn't read. too nerdy.
me 2
ps i love u and miss u coco

Bluebell
Former Staff

#132 » Post by Bluebell » 12 May 2015 01:21

Ok, technically it wasn't yesterday. I appreciate anyone's comments, negative or positive, but if you don't read, please don't feel the need to comment. I mean, what you said in your post I even said in my own, opening post. Thanks for the feedback everyone though.

I didn't know who to put as the two unamed parts (messenger and soldier), any ideas for them feel free to provide! It's hard to balance the pace I feel, as sat in a room talking and action take up the same amount of space, but as we saw before, one can be a lot more boring...Any advice for that, please let me know!

People in this chapter:

Spoiler:
Rohan
Chasity
Obliviana
Blackluster
Dje
Wilcox
Ragnarak
Voyonkor
The Grim Reefers
Lestata
Syntax
Nyeriah
Gorecleave

Italics means mentioned

Chapter 5 - Wrath of the Gladiator
Spoiler:
**Rohan**

He lifted his helm off his head and rested it on the table. Weeks of fighting on the streets of Stormwind had broken Rohan's heart. Supporters of the insurgents had sprung up around the city, and not all of them, or those that supported, had left peacefully. It had been days since the last alarm, and Rohan finally felt confident and safe enough to remove his armour. His helmet was covered in brown stains of mud,and the plumes that covered the top of it had long fallen off. He had called his most trusted council to fully hear what Angel Chasity had to say about their new enemy. They gathered in the gardens of the keep, he felt the green and tranquil environment would be a change from the dull boardroom. Around the garden, Trees reached around and engulfed the stone architecture gave a peaceful setting and soothed Rohan's spirit, a stark change from the hardships he currently faced.

After some short alone time, those he had called for arrived. Fjord and Obliviana led, still in their respective armours of silver steel and brown leather, they were flanked by Dje and Blackluster. Finally Chasity walked in behind them to complete the group, they eagerly sat down on the wooden benches, as Rohan ushered Chasity to the centre. Upon her arrival, the Alliance had blindly followed her advice about these newcomers, but they knew nothing about them other than what had been described about the events unfolding in Orgrimmar. Chasity took centre stage and began to explain exactly what had reached the shores of TrueWoW.

“I will tell you what I know dear friends. We search the ancient literatures even now to find answers, for we do not truly understand the enemy we face. We believe Nyeriah may have been using our most divine power source to keep them at bay. Perhaps we should have seen her plight. They come from a land which is not our own, their powers come from a world beyond the one we are in. They want dominion of all of our isles and seek to destroy or enslave anyone in their path. It would seem they have killed or assimilated the Horde leadership and goaded them into a war with yourselves. My dear friend, Syntax, oh how he loved his people, but they butchered him inside Orgrimmar's walls as he came to see them” tears began to leave her eyes.

“Those animals!” screamed Fjord in disgust.

Chasity continued, “We believe they are from our ancient past, vanquished by Arch Angels long ago. They are referenced as “Demons” and led by a powerful knight. I know not the name this incarnation goes under, but he is their King. He is strong, powerful and his magic can subdue and kill even an Angel. My friends, it has gone dark in Orgrimmar, please do not let the lights of the world go out.”

The council sat in silence, the nightmares of which Chasity spoke could not be true. Their faces turned pale and they became uneasy. Chasity took to her seat, tears slowly trickling down her face and onto her white robe. After a few moments, the silence was abruptly interrupted by a messenger dressed in simple green trousers and a red shirt, breaking into the garden.

As he ran towards the council, exhausted and gasping for breath, the outraged Rohan finally spoke up, “What is the meaning of this? We were not to be disturbed! What do you want boy?”

Nervously, the boy handed the note to Rohan. The small parchment was a handwritten note from a carrier raven. Rohan's red face turned from fury to a cold, solemn look. It was as Chasity had foreseen.

After waiting for a response from Rohan, Dje intervened, “So, are you going to share with us? Or is this one of your admirers?”

Obliviana snapped at the Inquisition leader “Hold your tongue, this is not the time for jokes and jabs”, she stood from her chair and clutched her bow.

Before tensions rose higher, Rohan turned to the others, “Horde march on Theramore”, his tone had dipped to an uneasy vibe, “Wilcox calls for aid, he requests we sent a fleet filled with troops to defend”.

Blackluster, surprisingly quiet until now, spoke up, “We must go, I shall lead the defence!”

Unimpressed, Rohan retorted “Sit down, you're not going anywhere. Nobody is. We cannot afford to lose any men. With this new threat coming, and Lestata's revolt, we have our own problems.”

Dje took to the floor after Rohan, “Perhaps you are right Rohan. Perhaps you are not. Theramore is our ally, our own city in fact, we should not so easily abandon our friends, or else they may abandon us. Do not rush to a decision, let us consolidate what we know and address it properly. Cool our tempers and tensions, here, take a seat and let us discuss it”, he gestured to a chair for Rohan to sit down.

With that, all members returned to their seats and they began to debate whether Theramore should be saved.

**Wilcox**

Morning broke soon after, the sun broke over the courtyard where Wilcox had been pacing furiously up and down all night, his silver armour began to reflect the coming light. He walked over to the heavy bell and set it off, alarming all warriors within the fort to awaken, calling them to the courtyard. His rag tag bunch of troops rushed to the courtyard to join him, many of them not even dressed in their full armour, they eagerly awaited the good news from Stormwind that Wilcox had received. With the fort itself falling into ruin, so did the small force stationed there, they no longer boasted a full compliment of soldiers, but instead were misfits sent into punishment. Some were turned down by the army for their poor performance, while others for past criminal convictions, needless to say Wilcox had trained them into a fighting force nonetheless.

The mismatch of colours lined up in front of him, different armours and clothing in formation. Wilcox turned to them and explained the bad news. As he spoke, their faces turned sour, the dreary moment only interrupted by the sound of drums beating, the drums of the Horde war machine. As those around him broke into frenzy only one held his composure, Wilcox strode onto the stairs of one of the fortifications, putting himself high above the panic below. He clanged his long sword onto the stone wall, one hit, two hit, increasingly getting louder up to five hits on the wall. The panic below slowly started to cease and those below looked up to him, waiting for his announcement. Many hoped he would tell them how Stormwind was coming, how Ironforge, the Alliance’s second city, would send troops or that they could escape via the harbour behind.

“My brave compatriots” he confidently told them, facing the floor before looking up at those below, “We are the Alliance’s defence, we are those brave enough to stand in the face of adversity and smile. Look around you, the world sees you as nobodies, insignificant people. But not today! For on this day, we make the world know what we have always known. That you are strong, you are bold and that it is you who will bear the banner of the Alliance at the front of the charge. Look to your left, look to your right, these are not nobodies, these are your brothers, your sisters, your family. Do not falter my friends, as it is for them that we fight, it is for all our brothers and sisters around the world. The vile Horde are at our doorstep, they think you are weak, they think they can make us flee in fear. You could. You could run, you could hide. But I know that I shall fight. I shall stand by my brothers in the darkest of hours and I shall die by their side. We are soldiers of Theramore, and today we show the wretched Horde, the nobles of Stormwind and the whole world exactly what that means. My friends, are you with me?” he raised his sword to to the skies and it shone brightly against the sun.

Inspired by his speech, the pandemonium below came to a halt, they looked up to him and cheered, raising their swords and spears just as he did, high into the sky. With a mighty cheer the preparations then began a new. The effort of ever soldier increased tenfold as the whole garrison became reinvestigated. Great wooden beams reinforced the giant iron door into the castle, spikes were placed underwater around the moat and barricades placed on the bridge to tunnel the troops in. The only entrance to the fort, aside from the harbour to the rear, was the bridge at the front. Around the castle sat a moat, shallow enough to walk through but deep enough to slow any invader. Wilcox planned to reign fire onto the Horde, he had explosive traps placed along the bridge, and archers assigned to shoot arrows of fire onto them.

As darkness fell, the last men staggered into the walls and the mighty gate shut. Torches from the Horde camp began to light up the night sky, as the light dimmed from the sky above, the flames began to gradually grow closer. Wilcox ordered the archers to take position along the walls, fire pits at the ready. Soldiers quickly grabbed their weapons, the armoury ran dry of armaments. Pikemen stood at the gate, spears are the ready and swordsmen guarded the archers against encroachers on the walls. This was where the wall went silent, the whole fort stood waiting in the bitter cold as the enemy approached.
**Ragnarak**
Seeing the Alliance fort ahead only excited Ragnarok. He had been waiting, he had been dreaming and now he was enjoying this moment. He could smell the Alliance cowering behind their high stone walls. His mighty army, not fully formed yet, gathered outside of the Alliance archer range. He sniffed up the wind to get a taste of the battle to come. Braziers illuminated the wall and made the keep clearly visible against the backdrop of the sky. He looked at the castle, his soon to be prize, and smiled. The sound of drums and marching bellowed in his ear as his troops walked past. He gave the order and pointed forwards, the siege had begun.

“Let the riff raff go first” he instructed his general Voyonkor, “Send in the Grim Reefers”.

Voyonkor nodded and raised the banner of the Grim Reefers. A small guild who had a long heritage of being in the Horde. They sided with Hellraisers during the civil war out of fear. Their small stature often made them seem weak, and Ragnarok used them as his cannon fodder, removing any potential opposition that may be within their ranks.

The Grim Reefers troops sprinted forward onto the bridge, navigating themselves around the carefully placed barricades of stone and wood, they made easy pickings for the Alliance archers. The sky lit up in flames as arrows of fire dropped onto the traps. Screams could be heard as the infantry became panicked and frenzied, seeing their friends fall into the spikes of the moat or catch fire from the traps on the ground. Ragnarok smiled at the chaos he saw before him, his first wave dispatched by Wilcox's plan.

“Not bad, Gladiator”, he nodded in appreciation, waving the next troops on, “Now your trick is shown, let us see what you have”.

Soldiers in traditional Horde battle armour, red and brown smudges all around in and spiked shoulder pads gave them a menacing look as they now marched forward. The men at the front equipped with grappling hooks for the walls, when one fell, those behind simply picked it up and charged. Despite the arrows firing down at them and bridge littered with corpses, the drums behind forced the soldiers forward. As they finally came to the wall the hooks appeared over the fortifications and Wilcox readied his sword. The swordsmen beside him followed suit, they successfully threw down some hooks only for them to rise back up. Alliance silver and blue forces clashed with the murky red and brown of Horde, axes into swords, clubs in shields and man into man. The archers began having to fight in close quarters and many were now unable to fire below at the ever increasing oncoming army.

Noticing the fighting along the wall, Ragnarak started to walk forward and ordered Voyonkor to raise the final banner. A giant siege engine rolled over the hill, pushed by twenty men and wielding a powerful battering ram. The head was of fine steel, cast into the shape of a ram's head, spikes protruded out of the sides and a wooden roof protected the top.

Ragnarak marched forward onto the bridge, unafraid of the little arrows which still rained down. The battering ram reached the mighty gate, he yelled as it swung into the door. Every swing sending repercussions throughout the steel and wood, forcing it open just a little more. Men fell from the wall into the moat, onto the bridge and even landing onto the ram's reinforced roof, Ragnarak ignored them and urged his men to push on.

**Wilcox**

After slaying many Horde, Wilcox looked up to see the men of the wall beginning to fall. He knew they could no longer hold this position and commanded those that could to retreat to the courtyard. He ran down the stone steps to the pikeman holding the gate. What was left of the archers stood behind the remaining troops, and Wilcox took position at the front of the formation. The pikeman lowered their spears facing the gate.

Violenty it vibrated from the torment of the ram's ferocious strikes, the men around Wilcox waited and grew nervous. Some taking small steps back at every hit of the gate. They watched their friends on the wall get outnumbered by the massive Horde attack. Wilcox's blooded sword still gleamed silver and true, the green gem pulsating as his heart raced. Even though this was hell, he loved it, he lived for moments like this.

As the gate began to buckle, the troops gripped their weapons even tighter, feet shuffling ready for the inevitable fight to the death. Smoke from the fire covering their view now of the wall and the ripe stench of their friends filling the air.

“Ships approach! Sir! Ships on the horizon!” Wilcox turned to see one of the troops screaming frantically, “A fleet is coming! We're saved!”

The group of men forgot the horrors in front of them and drowned on the sound of drums and pounding of the gate. They looked around to see ships, distant, but sailing into Theramore's port.

The soldiers began to cheer, raising their swords and spears to the air, shouts of “Stormwind comes!” and “Stormwind is here!” echoed around the group. Wilcox sighed in relief, but then turned to see the gates crumbling. He gripped his sword knowing the battle was not over yet, the ships were coming, but so were the Horde.
Last edited by Bluebell on 29 Jul 2015 01:33, edited 4 times in total.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

SyntaxError
Former Staff

#133 » Post by SyntaxError » 12 May 2015 01:49

Oddly reminiscent of the battle for Helm's Deep :P

At this point Chasity seems like an anime character and for once Voyoncor isn't afk. What next?! (Why do I have the creeping suspicion that the ships aren't friendly? Or am I just that much of a cynic?)

Aside from small mistakes that show it's not edited too closely, it is once again, a wonderful update.

Wilcox

#134 » Post by Wilcox » 12 May 2015 05:49

yeah, wrath of the gladiator. thats pretty fucking wonderful tbh :3

i do seem to be a hero here

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#135 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 12 May 2015 05:56

I'm such a side character :(

loved reading it on the bumpy bus ride from work to home, kinda dificult to read but loved it

can we has sneak peak at the next episode? D:
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral