A story of TW

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Matsy

Re: A story of TW

#271 » Post by Matsy » 05 Jul 2015 19:49

Bluebell wrote:
Matsy wrote:I'm still not in it :(
Chapter 8
However, some inhabitants of the agricultural Thunderbluff were sympathetic towards the rebellion, and a large portion of their food supply came from the wealthy Matsy, who had an abundance of crops and foods.
Ahhhhh!

Didn't notice, not reading carefully enuf lol
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Dr. Who

#272 » Post by Dr. Who » 05 Jul 2015 19:59

if matsy is on the story you could add me to. xD some sort of old Beast Master Hunter. =P hehe
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Wilcox

#273 » Post by Wilcox » 06 Jul 2015 01:05

matsy should have been the iron bank of bravoos

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#274 » Post by Liqueur » 06 Jul 2015 12:03

I like where this is headed, and I'm curious how it'll end :D
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

Saddie

#275 » Post by Saddie » 08 Jul 2015 05:58

Loved Dje's reply to Rohan's idea of closing the gates :lol: great chapter as usual, waiting anxiously for the next one ^_^

Etro
Honorary Member

#276 » Post by Etro » 08 Jul 2015 06:00

I've got a suggestion. Include an epic romantic storyline of me and Roel.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Arockalypse
Donor

#277 » Post by Arockalypse » 08 Jul 2015 13:45

Etro wrote:I've got a suggestion. Include an epic romantic storyline of me and Roel.
Less faggotism ty
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

dallas

#278 » Post by dallas » 08 Jul 2015 14:20

Arockalypse wrote:
Etro wrote:I've got a suggestion. Include an epic romantic storyline of me and Roel.
Less faggotism ty
http://www.ibtimes.com/homophobes-likel ... nds-434958

Bluebell
Former Staff

#279 » Post by Bluebell » 08 Jul 2015 22:24

Long chapter! Hopefully this quells Rag's screaming, at least for a little bit...This is obviously a major part of the story. So please, let me know if you think anything could be better! Don't read the people in this chapter bit if you want to skip spoilers.

People in this chapter:

Spoiler:
Ragnorak
Rohan
Belendor
Kapernakiss
Gorecleave
Economist
Blackluster
Dje
Smeldor

Chapter 12 - The Siege of Stormwind

Spoiler:
**Belendor**

Gradually his eyes opened, little by little they revealed the destruction in front of him. Dense air clogged his vision and forced his eyes shut every time he tried to open, but eventually he forced the lids up to see the full scene. Struggling to his feet, he checked his side of his sword and looked around for his large shield. As he picked it up and slotted it onto his back, he stumbled forward into the city of Stormwind.

Mighty white walls towered either side of the wooden gate, reinforced with iron bars. It was now wide open, one part laying on its side as if blasted open by an external force. Smoke rose from inside the city and Belendor turned to see the outside, fires burning all around the countryside. As he walked across the bridge of Heroes, the statues of the Alliance's legends seemed to be broken, parts chipped off or the sculptures missing entirely. Alliance banners were scatted all around, torn blue and gold Stormwind flags blew in the wind while orange Ironforge standards fuelled the flames. The dark paladin smirked at the destruction of the Alliance, although he saw no soldiers, he could hear cries from within the city and entered the gates.

Through the town centre he marched, the constant fires raged throughout the severity of destruction became ever worse as echoes of screams for help became louder further into the city, yet still he continued down his path. Finally he came to the giant keep dominating the landscape. Its spires hung over the city, yet it seemed to be void of the doom that lingered throughout the rest of Stormwind. Outside the keep, Belendor noticed that Horde banners lay tattered and ripped. Red and black flags stuck into the stone cobbled pathway showed the way into the castle. Noticing this, he put his hand to his side hovering around his sheath, and carefully walked into the keep of Stormwind.

A purple velvet rug led through the hallway, strangely inside the walls the shouting stopped. His ears no longer fell victim to the pressing sound of suffering that had cursed them since opening his eyes. Dropping his guard, he walked up the long rug seeing portraits of former Stormwind leaders littering the walls, their faces scratched on every picture. He saw one that seemed untouched, reaching up to it he rubbed the sign beneath to reveal “Stray, the”. Suddenly, before he could fully uncover the message the picture rumbled and screeched causing Belendor to jump back. When he looked back to the picture, the face was now covered in scratch marks just like the others. He bit his lips and continued into the keep.

Towards the end of the velvet path, Belendor noticed the high seat of Stormwind, yet no one around to guard it. He slowly walked up the stone steps and sat on the seat. Sitting for a moment, he looked around the room, eerily quiet and empty he noticed four objects. On left of the chair, fallen to the ground lay a shield bearing a coat of arms. He peered down to wipe smoke from it, expecting to see a Stormwind lion's head, the insignia of the city, instead he noticed it showed TW, the symbol of the realm itself. Originally, before the great split of the Horde and the Alliance, the people of the world were known as TrueWoWvians, but in modern times this term had come to encompass all inhabitants of the world. Around the edge, small blue gems circled around it, their glow dimming yet still showing through.

Next to this shield, a golden royal sceptre used in ceremonies sat. On the top of it a large green gem sparkled while silver swirled around the hilt, spiralling to the top where two golden wings sprawled around the gem. Belendor's curiosity was ignited by his odd object and he reached down to grab it, but upon touching the sceptre his hand snapped back burnt by its material. Rubbing his hand to ease the pain, he looked onto the side of the chair to see the last two objects.

On the arm of the high seat of Stormwind an old book, its pages worn and leather binding battered rested next to a golden crown. The book cover was brown and a solitary red gem at the top was all that could be made out. The title of the book seemed lost, the words withered away or covered, yet Belendor did not care to inquire further. Seeing the golden crown, with three empty slots missing in it, he seized it and placed it upon his head. Triumphantly he smiled and looked around the room to see it still bereaved of life.

As he sat alone in the chamber of the high seat, he considered opening the book to see what its pages contained. Before he could continue into the line of though he heard a piercing scream. He looked up to see a figure speedily approaching up the purple carpet. Peering into the distance he couldn't make it out who the figure was, if anyone at all. Rising to his feet, as the mysterious stranger came closer into view they seemed to slow down, coming to a slow and perfect walk.

“Belendor, what have you done?” said the cloaked visitor, their appearance seeming clouded and hazy.

As it approached even closer and came within touching distance, it became clear, Belendor reached for his sword yet it seemed stuck in the sheathe. He desperately tried to drag it out but could not arm himself . Realising he couldn't, he looked the only other inhabitant of the room, straight in the eyes, their face now right in front of the chair.

“Kapernakiss?” he stumbled his words asking.

With a stone cold look on her face, not moved at all by Belendor's terror or his question, Kapernakiss cryptically told him “The crown you wear is heavy yet empty, what lays on your head is golden yet darkened, it is made of riches yet devoid of what you hold dear”.

Suddenly, before he could interpret her words, Kapernakiss stabbed him through the chest with a dagger causing him to crash back down into the chair and his eyes to shut, the world went black.

Alert, Belendor's eyes shot back open and he clutched his chest. Feeling nothing, and looking at his hand to see no sign of blood, he looked around. Panting heavily he slowly came to realise that the walls were simply that of his tent, not the mighty keep of Stormwind.

“Sir?” asked one of his Belendorian guard, peering in to the tent, “Are you ok?”.

Belendor looked up from his bed, wiped the sweat from his forehead and nodded back to his guard. He then sat for a moment thinking about the dream, it was not the first he had since Kapernakiss peered into his head on the night of her murder, but it was the most severe to date.

**Chasity**

Morning broke on the city of Stormwind, and Angel Chasity walked through the streets in her white and golden robes. Her blonde hair shining in the sunlight was long and fell down onto her back. Inside the houses she saw townsfolk peering through their windows, or head doors shut tight as people hurried to shelter. Soldiers dashed past her carrying equipment to the front line. The Horde had come on the previous night, and an attack was expected to be imminent. She then came to a group of soldiers, dressed in golden armour, accompanied by men and women in long white robes.

“My lady” said the front of the group, “Come with me, we shall defend you in the centre of the city”.

Fjord extended a hand to her, she then nodded to him, but did not accept his hand, “Take me there. I am ready” she reassured herself.

The lead Paladin retracted his hand and bit his tongue, before walking towards the centre of Stormwind. He showed her the great tree, where she would be able to focus fully and directed any villagers out of sight as to not distract her. She could keep the shield up without much thought at present, but during the heights of the battle she believed her concentration may waver. Paladins and priests took up positions around the perimeter to protect her from any break into the city.

Chasity took to her position, put her hands together and closed her eyes, seeing the city with her mind. Now lost in a trance, she was seemingly oblivious to the outside world and Fjord left her to her own devices. He walked off to take his position and the scene was set.

**Rohan**

Sat riding his white horse, Rohan watched as the army gathered. His heavy brown armour had been replaced by a bright, silver and blue colour. Stripes of gold layered the shoulders while a giant golden lion head was imprinted on the chest. The last arrangements were made for the defence of the city as archers piled onto the fortifications and the bridge was filled with infantry. Men added the finishing touches to the great gate, barricading it with long beams of wooden and iron reinforced it. He put his hand over his face to cover his eyes from the imposing sun, an ironic sight in the given circumstances.

An Age seemed to pass as he tightly gripped the reins of his mount, slowly his generals took to his side. Rohan would lead the middle column of troops under the flag of Divinity, while Smeldor's Ironforge soldiers and the leaders of Inquistion flanked him either side. Obliviana was situated on the stockades to command the ranged portion of the army. After the last soldiers fell into formation, everyone began to look around worried, it seemed very quiet and the Hordes had not moved. The council felt confident they could win a war of attrition, the fields of the outlying towns would last far longer than the Horde supply line, and the stupidity of the Horde had led to the burning of any potential farm land.

“Horde movements!” yelled Obliviana from the ramparts, “They are approaching!”

Everyone suddenly jolted into action and prepared their battle stances. Rohan nodded to the near by flag carrier who raised the Alliance banner. Cheers ran throughout the troops as they saw the banner within their ranks, they rallied to it and a sense of pride swept through the ranks.

“Ready!” called Oblviana as the Horde army came into range, “Aim!” as they drew closer.

Looking over the wall, the archers could see the vast array of Horde troops marching on their city. Their red and brown armours cluttered the lush green landscape while black armoured demonic troops seemed to only add to the horrific display of man power at their disposal. Drums began to be heard bellowing around the countryside as the thundering army edged closer. Behind the gates the soldiers on the bridge could only hear the sound of feet hitting the ground in unison paired with the constant drum beat of war.

“Hold!” commanded Obliviana as her archer core took aim at the Horde, “Hold!”.

Watching the army of the Horde approach, she held her hand up high, waiting for the moment to strike. They were now in plenty reach for the arrows to hit their ranks. She held her hand high still as their marching came to a halt and the air filled with just the sound of stretching bows and booming drums. The two armies then came to a stand off, with the Alliance having put their faith in Angel magic while the Horde's was in Demonic.

After a short time, the siege weapons of the Horde were put in to place. Obliviana watched them carefully, crude weapons but effective. Giant catapults carrying heavy stones, most likely from the harsh lands around Orgrimmar. Ballistas carrying giant spears with iron tipped heads pulled up alongside them capable of cutting through ranks of troops. It was then that the Horde made their first move.

One by one from left to right, the Horde catapults unleashed their payload onto the wall of Stormwind, followed by the ballistas from the right. Rocks and giant spears flung towards the capital ready to bulldoze down the mighty walls.

“Hold!” yelled Obliviana in the face of these projectiles flying towards her men, those manning the palisade looked nervously up into the sky to see the objects hurtling at them.

As the boulders hit the shield, they disintegrated into nothing, burning up into the air. Obliviana smiled, those not holding bows on the wall cheered. Chasity's magic had worked, and the confidence again crept down onto the soldiers of the bridge. Cheers could be heard all around the army as the Horde weaponry failed.

“Now!” Obliviana commanded, quickly gesturing down with her hand.

Upon her words the archers fired back down onto the Horde army, killing the front line. She smiled again in delight as their onslaught butchered the Horde troops. The Alliance were now free to fire down onto the Horde army and force a retreat.

Still sat in the middle of his troops, the Stormwind General waited on top of his horse. He kept his cool and was the only one whose focus did not fall amongst the ranks of celebrations and cheering. The archers on the wall were now firing at will onto their Horde counterparts.

“He is crazy” said Dje, towards Rohan, “Crazier than you even! This madman Ragnorak who leads them would lose his whole army for the sake of his pride. He has them standing there under a barrage of arrows and dares not retreat. Would not surprise me if he is stood with them!”

Blackluster cheerfully perked up and replied “Perhaps we will not have to kill anyone today! They seem to be doing it for us!”

Rohan ignored their playful jokes and remained solemn as ever. Looking round to ensure all was in place if there needed to be a battle. The shield around the city seemed to be holding, but he did not like the ease of which the Horde seemed to be laying down their lives.

Noticing no response to his mocking, Dje tried once again, “Still so serious eh Rohan? Perhaps when this is all blown over, I'll buy ya a drink!”

“Aye? A drink ya say, count me in!” shouted Smeldor from the opposite side, joining in with the banter.

**Ragnorak**

The night before, the Horde troops marched through the country side of the Alliance territories, Ragnorak marvelled in the desolation of the Stormwind settlements. Quickly making light work of any survivors or resistance along the way, the Horde army approached Stormwind itself. Giant catapults and ballistas in the rear followed the long columns of infantry. As they passed through the final town of Goldshire, its houses burning, Ragnorak closed his eyes, sniffed up and smiled at the agony of the Alliance in his path.

Opening his eyes, he saw on the horizon the towers of Stormwind, its white towers and blue roof tops in the distance sparked his excitement even more. Etching closer to the Alliance stronghold he hasted his movements, signalling for his army to march with him, faster towards war and his glorious battle. Up the hill they climbed until they were close enough to the city to see the guards patrolling the walls. Ragnorak now stopped the march, the soldiers streamed in around the point of camp and began to make their base. Ragnorak looked to the city, and saw a large golden dome slowly encase it as they ended their approach. Despite being see through, it appeared some sort of magic to prevent their attack.

The first troops to reach the new base camp began to set up tents, as soon as the large leadership tent was set up, Ragnorak called for a meeting of his generals to discuss the invasion plans. A wooden table was put together and placed in the centre of the tent on top of the grass that it covered. A map of the city and the surrounding area was placed along it causing the heads of the Horde army to crowd around to view their coming battle.

“They will put their main force here, along the bridge and barricade the gate. While their archers will pummel us as we try enter the city, from along their walls” said Economist, pointing to the outside wall along the map.

Ragnorak looked at him unimpressed, “Of course they will stupid. Don't say the obvious, say something useful”.

Economist backed down after being yelled at by the war chief, a lesser captain then asked “I noticed a golden...thing around the city. What is that? How do we fight it?”.

Nodding back to him, Ragnorak looked up, outside of the tent to the city itself, “I know not what it is. Angel trickery most likely. Our siege weapons may not be able to pierce it, we will need a way to bypass it.”

“Perhaps the port?” asked Economist, “Their forces will be at the front, they won't expect an attack from behind. We have Lord Gorecleave's fleet and could sail in to...”

Cutting off his general, Ragnorak sighed angrily, “They do not expect it because it is impossible. Stormwind is set up to make any naval invasion impossible, even without their ships an attack from the sea would be a disaster.. Perhaps you would be better served unpacking the supplies than planning the battle?” he snapped.

Before the tensions could rise any further, Gorecleave confidently added his input, “I can enter the city, despite that barrier. There will be an Angel inside their defences providing it. Leave them to me. She will be lightly defended so give me some men and I will put an end to their magic. You will need a distraction for me to gain entry, however. The only entrance to the city seems to be their so heavily guarded wall and gate.”

“Oh” replied Ragnorak, “It is not the only entry point. I have planned this attack for years, had my scouts find everything about this abomination of a settlement. There are other ways. I will give you the men you need, and the way in to the city.”

Curious as to Horde leader's idea, Gorecleave looked at him and instructed “Show me”.

Ragnorak smiled back, “Squire!” he called, “Bring me the crate labelled Project C!”, his large smile continued until a small Horde solider entered the tent and dropped a box on the table.

As the room looked at the crate, Ragnorak nodded towards the Demon king who opened it up and unpacked some of the contents. Onto the table he lay spiked boots, a pair of pickaxes and a folded up piece of cloth. Gorecleave held final piece in his hands and looked at the Horde commander confused.

After a moment of everyone inspecting the items, Ragnorak proudly explained “See this?” he pointed to a long stretch of mountains to the side of the city, “they are known as the Burning Steppes. It is possible to scale this range, and use what we call a parachute, to glide down into the city. They will never see it coming. If you take a short group you will be undetected, and can reach the inner fortifications.”

Gorecleave smiled and unfolded the parachute in his hands. After a brief demonstration, he understood the mechanics of the device and selected the men he needed for his mission. Ragnorak then went over the rest of the battle plan with his generals and they walked out of the tent, into the bulk of the army.

After Gorecleave and his men had left for the Burning Steppes, Ragnorak called for his men to gather. Once ready, he walked onto a make shift podium and began to address them all on the eve of battle.

“Mighty Horde warriors!” he proudly yelled into the crowd. “We stand here at the foot of the pathetic homeland of the Alliance. Look behind me, they quiver behind those walls hoping we never set foot inside their miserable city. Take rest tonight, for tomorrow we storm the walls and glory awaits!”

After cheers and celebrations, the troops dispersed to their tents, the siege weapons were tied down and checked to be battle ready. As night came, Ragnorak took to his bed yet could not slumber. He quickly left it to stare at the now torch lit walls of Stormwind. On his face crept a wicked grin, his eyes staring into his long awaited battlefield while his hand gripped his giant axe.

**Chasity**

Seeing the failure of the Horde's efforts brought a slight smile to Chasity's face. Her eyes remained closed however and she promptly returned to her stern look of focus. Under the tree she kept the Alliance city safe and zoned out any distractions. The cheering of the Alliance army, the distress of the villagers and the beating of drums fell to silence as she concentrated on her magic.

Without notice, a darkness clouded her vision, she twitched as she realised and tried to retain her focus, yet something was wrong. Screams and yells penetrated her bubble of silence, but these were not cries from the citizens of Stormwind. She opened her eyes to see a darkness approaching from left, Paladins quickly ran past her shouting to each other as Priests prayed and ushered spells from behind.

Looking towards where they headed, she saw Paladins fighting heavily armoured Horde troops, while black armoured men clung to the roof tops and jumped down into the fight. Standing their ground the Paladins were butchered one by one and Chasity began to realise the situation. Thrown back, she looked down to see a Paladin with his armour shredded bleeding on the ground.

Through the chaos, the Paladins tried to hold back the invading troops, yet a large knight dressed in black and purple walked through the middle of them with conviction. The darkness swept through the city as he stepped forward clouding all before him, his eyes seemed locked on Chasity.

Snapping from her concentration, Chasity focused on the individual. This must be the Demon they call Gorecleave, the one clouding her mind. She brought forth her golden battle staff, lifted her hood up around her hair and prepared to fight the Demon King.

**Rohan**

Abruptly, a horn could be heard from inside the city. Almost at once every soldier's head turned to the main city as the horn could be heard. It blew a second time, and there could be no mistake. The horn of the Arch Angel had been blown, there was trouble with the Paladins.

Cutting the jokes, Dje then looked to the commander of the forces, “Rohan, Chasity is in trouble, what do we do?”

Rohan looked up to see the golden dome begin to fall back, fading into nothing. All around his men looked up in amazement as their protection disappeared as if never there. Their attention was then quickly grabbed by the Horde siege weapons, the Stormwind walls now left defenceless to their attacks. Stones flew over the barricades into the ranks of Alliance men sending soldiers flying through the air. Others smashed into the walls of the city, hurtling the stone blocks around. Archers on the walls themselves dived out of the way of incoming rocks, those unlucky enough were blasted off the fortifications. Obliviana looked down to Rohan panicked and seeking guidance.

He nodded his head and jolted his horse, walking through the ranks of his army. Creating a path through the men, they clambered to safety from the incoming fire while he showed no fear and walked through it. Rocks fell all around as he continued to the front of his army.

Rohan then took one deep breath, looked to his generals and told them, “We charge.”
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Wilcox

#280 » Post by Wilcox » 08 Jul 2015 22:45

now is the time, resurrect wilcox and watch as my character becomes the 'wrathful' gladiator in this story.

Ragnorak
Donor

#281 » Post by Ragnorak » 09 Jul 2015 03:46

IT'S THE RETURN OF THE HORDE AIR FORCE!!!!!! So much fucking hype <3333
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Wilcox

#282 » Post by Wilcox » 09 Jul 2015 09:36

Ragnorak wrote:IT'S THE RETURN OF THE HORDE AIR FORCE!!!!!! So much fucking hype <3333
you're going down cowtits

Bluebell
Former Staff

#283 » Post by Bluebell » 15 Jul 2015 03:07

I always get the tenses wrong I feel. That's probably my biggest grammatical let down, but I don't know if it's worth fixing. Does it hinder it at all or is it barely noticeable? Feedback appreciated for anything! Anyway

For the Alliance....

Chapter 13 - Stormwind Rises

People in this chapter:

Spoiler:
Rohan
Gorecleave
Chasity
Blackluster
Ragnorak
Teraan
Matsy
Cherno
Coo
Belendor
Voyonkor
Merkava
Marick
Justicelight

Spoiler:
**Teraan**
Hunched around a small camp fire and surrounded by the Ashenvale woodland, Teraan and his advisers discussed their plans for the Horde rebellion. Crouched on the muddy ground under the star filled sky sat Coo in his worn leather armour, Matsy who hid his face beneath a dark robe, and Cherno, a bodyguard at the time of the revolt, wearing similar heavy plated armour to that of Teraan.. Matsy shuffled closer to the fire for warmth as they listened to Coo’s recent report.

“Belendor’s patrols seem to have died down, maybe he will cross the seas and hunt on the continent of the Alliance, he may already have departed” he told the group.

Teraan then moved the agenda to the main reason for the meeting, “And what of Theramore? Are they with us?” he asked.

Looking up from the flames, Matsy strayed his focus towards the other members, “Everything is in place. Voyonkor has surrounded himself with those loyal to the true Horde. Ragnorak foolishly left him behind in charge of the former Alliance stronghold. He is with us.”

Nodding in agreement, Teraan looked to the stars deep in thought before Coo interrupted his concentration, “Once we retake the port, we can use the abandoned Alliance ships to travel to Stormwind’s aid! We can break the siege of the city.” He said excitedly.

Apprehensively, Cherno then joined the conversation “The Alliance? Stormwind? You would risk everything we have done, everything we have gone through to help those scum?”

“Calm your tongue Cherno.” Demanded Teraan, “I understand your concerns but remember our original plan was to help Theramore’s siege. If the Alliance falls to Ragnorak’s attack, we will be left alone in the world against this Demonic foe.”

After a brief period of contemplation the group considered other matters. The warmth of the fire drew other members from the rebellion who joined intermittently but the original four remained throughout. As the night sky covered the Ashenvale forest fully, enveloping the countryside trees in a heavy darkness, Matsy finally stood up.

“I must take my leave. It is dangerous for me to venture here, my cover must remain. Everything is set up for you tomorrow; my men inside Theramore will be ready for you. Good luck my friends.” He then tucked his hood further over his head before disappearing into the forest with his guards, beginning his trek back to Thunderbluff.

As the rich funder of the rebellion left the camp, Teraan poked the fire with flames and softly spoke, “Tomorrow our rebellion truly begins, or perhaps finally meets it end”.

**Merkava**

Pushing through the chapel guards, Merkava burst into the dreary room and shouted “Why didn’t you tell me?!”

Paladins wearing gleaming silver armour with golden emblems dotted around restrained him as he struggled through the door. Their red tipped axes strapped to their backs as they held him back by each arm and sunlight began to peer into the chamber windows. The stein glass window showing glorious historical and religious feats of a bygone age began to light up the dingy room as morning broke on the Plaglands. Justicelight then turned from the centre altar and signalled for the guards to release the struggling Merkava.

As Merkava shrugged them off and walked towards his old friend, the high paladin replied back to him “Tell you what? That Stormwind was to be sieged? You knew this before you came to me. This is why you came here. Everything you left behind, you knew what would become of it.”

Reaching the altar, the Alliance Paladin snarled back “So what if I did? You could have told me it had begun! I thought I had more time-“.

He was then interrupted, “More time?” asked Justicelight, “More time for what? To try recruit Paladins to defend against the Horde? To form your own crusade? Joining our cause bereaves you of any obligation to a faction. Here we have Horde and Alliance paladins alike, vowing to follow the light and only the light. You will find no help here for your fight in Stormwind.”

“What?” cried Merakva in disbelief, “You would leave the last bastion of Angelic followers to ruins merely for the sake of Paladin pride? You know they are attacked not just by the armies of the Horde but by some foe I cannot explain. We should rally to their side at once!” he demanded.

Justicelight laughed mockingly and looked to the ground, he then looked back up to Merkava, his head slightly cocked to the side, “Pride? This is no matter of pride. You forget your place. Every day we fight the embodiment of evil that resides here. Good men die every hour combating the Horde and Demons that rampage through the once great Plaglands. Marick of Silvermoon constantly attacks us and turns the locals against each other. Last bastion of the Angels? That is right here. We are the only true faith followers. Stormwind may fall just as the other cities have done. There is nothing you or I can do about it.”

Shaking his head angrily, Merkava retorted back, “I expected more from you Justice”.

Smiling back to him, Justicelight simply said “And I expected nothing less from you old friend.”

“So what do we do? Sit here and fight the underlings of Silvermoon? Be Marick’s punching bag?” asked the agitated Merkava.

Justicelight then turned his back to Merkava and walked up the stone step towards the painting of Dalaran mounted on the chapel wall. Stretching out his hand, he stroked down the side of it feeling the magical materials used in its craft. Merkava watched, edging closer to the painting, he began to become mesmerised as its image seemed to move, clouds gracefully flowing over the city and trees wavering in the wind.

Snapping him out of the fixation, Justicelight stroked the painting one last time “This world must burn for another to rise”, he then turned back spoke to Merkava “We wait until the moment calls. There is still hope for Stormwind, but not from you. I see that your journey is yet to begin, and when it does I will let you go”.

Merkava looked up to him, considered commenting on his cryptic message but thought better of it. He then shook his head and turned his back on Justice, hitting his shoulder against the guards as he walked outside the chapel. Rain began to fall as clouds summoned over the holy holdings.

**Chasity**

Slowly but surely, the Demon King walked through the corpses of the Alliance Paladins, desolation fell into his path as any left standing in his way simply fell down as he passed.. Unwillingly, Chasity summoned her battlestaff and jumped down from her podium to face Gorecleave. Her simple fabric armour was not meant for heavy combat. It showed wears and tears signifying the hardship she has been facing, but was in stark comparison to Gorecleave's heavy, black suit of armour. Purple lights seemed to glow from within it giving the only colour to an otherwise shadow like figure. She ravels away remaining remnants of of her glowing blonde hair back inside her hood and begins to prepare for the duel. Her Angelic staff is wooden encased in a material no mortal could comprehend, its golden colour shines brightly despite the gathering storm clouds. She swirls it around before pointing it at the Demon causing a gleaming red light to sparkle, gathering strength as he bears down upon her. As she moves around the Stormwind square her sandals scrape along the cobble floor, eyes staring intently at the knight.

“What do you want? What are you?” She inquires, referring to her staff glowing when near him, her knowledge of Demons is realistically minimal despite her advise to the humans.

Gorecleave simply smiles. His armour makes it impossible for anyone to see under his helm, yet somehow she knows what he hides behind that metal face-piece. A shiver runs through the Angel and the city darkens, whatever this creature is, it should never have been allowed here. She fires a short flurry at him from her staff before jumping up high and slamming down with her weapon. The unimpressed Gorecleave quickly summons a green, Demonic shield around himself absorbing her magical shots. She watches in dismay as her holy blasts diminish before the power of the Demon who simply walks towards her menacingly.

Unrelenting, Chasity then focuses before slamming her staff down along the ground, it vibrates onto the cobbled ground and sends shock waves throughout the city centre. Any surviving Paladins and Horde troops within the town square cover their faces as the sheer force pushes them back. White mist emanates from her golden pole arm and the city becomes momentarily engulfed in her white magic. She closes her eyes as the last blasts fall off before standing back up. Wiping her face, she looks into the smoke to see the shadowy figure simply stride confidently towards her still.

Reluctantly, she then gripped her weapon tightly and lept towards the Demon screaming as she jolted down stopping him in his tracks. Instantly, Gorecleave's sword was raised and parried her attack causing Chasity to repeatedly slam down on him. Gorecleave blocks her constant onslaught, parrying from top to bottom as she flicks her staff up and down. She finally manages to land a blow and with a large gust of energy, she sends him flying back. His feet, anchored in his heavy black boots drag along the floor from the sheer force of the Angels's attack and pieces of the cobbled floor are sent scattered around. Chasity, out of breath from their brief sparring session raises her staff again for another attack.

Chasity began to think to herself the enormity of her actions, and that no mere mortal should be able to stand after an attack that fierce from an Angel. She began to worry this would be harder than she initially thought. Cooling her thoughts, she readied herself again and launched into the Demon for another attack, it was as she shot up into the air that he suddenly sprang to life.

“My turn.” he quietly whispered, somehow it felt like he was right next to her ear when he said it, yet he hadn't even moved, her whole body trembled from the small words he spoke.

**Rohan**

Majestically the white stallion of Rohan pressed through the ranks of Stormwind troops. Upon reaching the front of the army, he turned to face his troops. His men watched as behind him the gate’s reinforcement began to buckle and boulders soared over their heads destroying their city. Fellow soldiers desperately evacuated the city fortifications as incoming Horde troops began to scale the walls. Sitting tall in front of them, he dragged their eyes towards him drawing their attention against the bleak backdrop to his rear.

“Brave soldiers of the Alliance.” He shouted down to them, “We stand tall today against a great enemy. Perhaps the great enemy of our time. There stands the Horde, our brothers from long ago. Yet they are not our brothers any more. Their minds, their bodies and their ideals have been tainted by the evil. Some of you have seen this evil first hand, some simply heard of it. Today my brothers and sisters we shall experience it together. As one, united Alliance! I see on your faces the fear that grips our great nation. From the farmers to warriors, from the clerks to the fisherman, this evil seeps into our society and scares us all. Fight with me now on this day and we can free our children from fear. Live our lives safe in the knowledge that we, the Alliance, not the Horde nor even our Angel Gods saved the world. But the brave men and women on this bridge here today.” he then raised his sword and turned his great white steed towards the bulging gate, “Soldiers of Stormwind and Ironforge, are you with me?”

Suddenly a great uproar of cheers drowned out the booming sound of Horde fanfare and drums, the screams from within the city turned deaf and the crashing of siege weaponry became insignificant as the army of the Alliance in unison cheered for their general's speech.

Rohan then triumphantly pointed his sword towards the walls of Stormwind, buckering under the pressure from outside, “Then come with me now. For the Alliance!”

He began to march forward before getting overtaken by swarms of Alliance troops rushing to the wall eager to defend it. Men and women began to hold the gate back, as the Horde forced it open the Alliance kept it closed. Gradually their efforts began to waver but allowed vital time for the archers above to fire more volleys and escape the oncoming attacks.

Before all the troops had passed him, Rohan signalled for a division of the Inquisition forces to retreat, their leader strolled up to the general to ask his intentions.

“Do we not need all of our forces?” asked Blackluster confused by the command.

Rohan looked at the warrior, “Our Paladins, and our Angel need our help. Whatever hell they have encountered is running rampant in the city. Tell me what good is a victory on this damn bridge if the evil is behind us? Take your men and aid them at the centre. We will hold here. Go now.”

Blackluster looked at Rohan, who then shooed him away with a hand gesture causing the Inquisition warrior to reluctantly call his men to retreat and enter the city itself.
As Blackluster's men fell out of sight, Rohan looked back to the battle. Shouting leaders could be heard demanding the gate to be kept shut as it shuddered open even more. Shaking his head, Rohan stormed to the front of the queue, dismounting half way through and wading himself along the ranks of men. There, the general of the combined Alliance forces joined his men in holding the gate as the other leaders simply bellowed instructions. Those around Rohan cheered as he approached and their morale rose, inspiring them to press the gate even more.

Eventually, the pushing from the Horde outside proved too much, “Back! Back now and prepare to fight. This is the moment!” shouted Rohan,

Unfortunately, his instructions came too late for some who were pushed out of the way as the mighty gates swung open. The stench of the Horde then swept through the Alliance ranks, and many of them got to see their enemy head on. The mighty army of demons and Horde now stood facing the soldiers of Stormwind and Ironforge, only the long walls of Stormwind separated them now, and the narrow path through the gate.

Silver clad Stormwind knights nervously held their longswords as their blue helmet feathers blew in the wind. Their eyes inspected the red and black armoured Horde mass in front of them, the horrifying spiked armour sent shivers down every man's back. A cry could be heard from the Horde ranks and a lone Horde soldier wielding a mighty axe began to charge into the Alliance line. As they began to brace themselves, a great roar arose from the Horde and their battle cry erupted, echoing around the walls. The ground shook as the Horde troops violently charged towards the bridge.

In complete contradiction, the Alliance line stood silent. No battle cries or yelling, simply the eerie sound of waiting for the inevitable clashing of steel. Without warning, a large cry could be heard once more, reminding the soldiers of the words they so recently cheered.

“Charge, for the Alliance!” Rohan then started sprinting desperately, alone, towards the oncoming Horde forces.

Looking at each other, the soldiers realised what they had to do and dashed after their general. One by one the troops filtered after him before the whole army directed themselves into the Horde mass.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

rohankhanna

#284 » Post by rohankhanna » 15 Jul 2015 08:39

Bluebell wrote:Unfortunately, his instructions came too late
Damn i lagged in story too...this omani internet!
Guild Leader of Divinity

belendor

#285 » Post by belendor » 15 Jul 2015 14:49

lol matsy and teraan best friends :p
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'