A story of TW

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Gnurg

Re: A story of TW

#316 » Post by Gnurg » 21 Sep 2015 09:41

So Belendor sterilised himself for power? :lol:

Great chapter as always, hope we can have more soon. ^_^
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Wilcox

#317 » Post by Wilcox » 21 Sep 2015 10:05

this story isn't working out in the way of belendor though; belendor logic: PALADIN > HORDE > ALLIANCE. if paladins are being killed in stormwind, belendor should be mad at horde

Bluebell
Former Staff

#318 » Post by Bluebell » 21 Sep 2015 13:03

He wants to be the best Paladin. If there's no other paladins but him, then he's the best.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#319 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 21 Sep 2015 13:15

Awesome!!!!
Can't wait for the next one.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Bluebell
Former Staff

#320 » Post by Bluebell » 25 Sep 2015 16:38

Relevant for Blackluster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fzXmJyolfY

Same as usual, let me know if you see any errors so I can correct!

People in this chapter:
Spoiler:
Teraan
Coo
Cherno
Matsy
Saddie
Ragnorak
Rohan
Roel
Dymond
Doctor
Demol

Kindzadza
Nephyx
Fjord
Blackluster

Chapter 16 - The paths we take
Spoiler:
**Kindzadza**

Overlooking Northerend’s skies, the former Arch Angel Kindzadza looked down from the sky castle of Dalaran. With the departure or Horde execution of the other council members he was now the de facto leader of the Angels. His silver cloak trimmed with gold bristled in the wind blowing gently around him. White clouds floating below the city yet the ground below was still clear to see. A mosaic path sat beneath him in the southern garden, with flowers growing around giving a sense of tranquillity.

Breaking from the silence, steel footsteps could be heard thudding behind him as the door creaked open. It slammed shut and the footsteps grew closer, he looked up higher to see clouds floating up above in the blue skies.

“How many?” he asked as the lower Angel approached.

“Around twenty, sir. Should be enough to hold even the biggest of armies!” replied the soldier Angel.

“Tell me.” instructed Kindzadza turning from his view to face the approaching Angel. “What is your name? I have lived so long and seen so many come and go.”

“Nephyx, sir” he answered.

As he heard his name, Kindzadza eyed the fresh blood up and down. Golden armour covered his body with a purple chevrons on each shoulder signalling the rank. A silver cape draped from his back similar to Kindzadza’s own, albeit without the golden trails. His face seemed to hold firm conviction, yet his pure blue eyes held his fear. Glowing from his side a long sword shone a bright gold. After the brief inspection, Kindadza looked him straight in the eyes.

“Well Nephyx. We face an enemy like you have never seen. A foe stronger even than an Angel. Having a mere 20 in our ranks may seem a lot to someone like you, but I want you to ensure we have more. All Angels are to be armed, none are to leave, everyone gets their training” commanded the Angel general.

Nephyx finally reached the edge of the balcony and stopped, briefly looking at the ground, “You want all Angels, even those who simply want to carry on their duties, to be ready for battle?”

Kindzadza sighed and put his back to the naive young Angel, “I do not want it, I know that we need it. Do not tell me of their duty, for this, right now, is their duty. We must defend the realm against all enemies, that, is our duty as higher beings. Look down there, across the seas. Demons, Horde and Alliance, what’s the difference? They must all be purged, and we must be the purgers.”

Stepping away slowly, Nephyx said back hesitantly “Surely it is our duty to defend the humans? To guide and protect them? Even so we are meant to do from distance, and they cannot reach us here.”

Still looking into the distance, Kindzadza retorted “You have no idea of the evils that come to our shores, or that the humans are capable of. Tell me, how many Angels have left our walls?”

“Just three, Doctor, Dymond and Demol sir” replied Nephyx.

“Fools” mocked the Angelic leader, “They will get themselves killed, as us along with them.”

Unsure of the meaning, the young Angel asked “You intend to go find them? To bring them back?”

Shaking his head from side to side, Kindzadza realised how long ago the reign of the Arch Angels had been “No. You don’t get it do you? None of you do. The ancient texts tell that no mortal being can enter our lands without the blessing of an Angel. The only way in, is with one of us. While there are Angels out there. Out of these walls, they put us all at jeopardy.”

“But sir” protested Nephyx, “Surely no one can capture an Angel let least force them to bless!”

Kindzadza slammed his fist onto the balcony barrier, “Our arrogance has been our undoing in the past, and so shall it again. A member of the Angel council was murdered in the broad daylight inside Orgrimmar, and you think we are safe? Enough talking, you have your instructions!”

Nephyx thought about replying, but realised his words would be ignored. He promptly bowed and turned back into the city to carry out Kindzadza’s orders.

**Teraan**

As darkness crawled over the skies of Ashenvale once more, the group of Horde rebel officers crammed around their campfire discussing their next move. They had not met since the disaster at Theramore, and many were now scared to speak their minds. In the aftermath loyal men had left, arguments were had and spirits broken.

“We cannot give up!” demanded Teraan, poking the fire with a stick, “We have given everything for this, our lives, our families, all that we left behind! We do it for them!”

“For what?” asked Cherno, “For this?” he mockingly stood up and pointed around the camp.

“Cherno.” said Teraan with sorrow in his eyes, “You are my closest friend. Know now that I need you most of all by my side.”

Begrudgingly the paladin guard nodded, sat down and patted the rebel leader on the back. He put a head to his face and rubbed his eyes, and they all sat in silence staring into the flames of the fire.

Galloping broke into the air as Coo came thundering into the camp. Giving no time for the guards to help him down he leapt from his mount.

“Coo! What news? What is so eager you must gallivant in here so hastily?” inquired Teraan.

The rebel scout staggered forward clutching his chest, “Stormwind...Ragnorak..fallen” he spoke softly before dropping to his knees.

Instantly the group got to their feet and rushed to his aid. Commotion erupted from the camp site as others joined and left their tents, slowly a few more scouts joined with varying degrees of injures.

“Speak friend, what happened?” asked Teraan, holding Coo’s head and ushering for remedies to be brought.

Coo closed his eyes to focus on his words “Stormwind has fallen.” he yelped in pain as paladin healer named Saddie dabbed his chest with a cloth before gritting his teeth to finish his message, “Ragnorak killed Rohan, war....over”.

Teraan closed his eyes as the other leaders began talking and shouting at each other around Coo. Their worst fears had become a reality and only possible ally now lay wasted in their own city.

“This marks my leave my friends” said Matsy after the arguments had calmed down, “I fear I may not return. Not for some time, the situation has become too dire. Farewell, and good luck. May Roel be with you” he nodded and walked out of the camp towards Thunderbluff.

After a few moments, the message had spread around the whole camp. Loud shouts and yells as the rebels debated amongst each other what to do next, whether it was worth it. Teraan sat with Coo’s head resting, his eyes closed trying to drown out the sound of his comrades.

“He will live” said Saddie, waking Teraan from his thoughts.

Opening his eyes, the Paladin snapped from his trance and looked around to see his band of troops in turmoil. The camp had quickly become a mess, tents had become ablaze and fire spread throughout the chaos. Groups of men streamed down the hill and friends wrestled against each other, the rebels lost all reason and all hope. Teraan got up from his friend, found a cart to stand on and got high above the rest.

“What are you?” he asked the crowd without being noticed, he then shouted louder, “I said, what are you?”

Bellowing loudly forced them all to stop. Even those leaving turned to see their leader standing above them ominously. Awaiting his word they looked up to him and listened.

“You fight each other. You walk away, you question what we have?” he jumped down from his cart and started walking amongst the crowds, “I will tell you what you are. You are the ones who stared the atrocities of Orgrimmar in the face and said no! You are the ones who heard those Demon lies and said no! You are the ones who when faced with an easy path which led only to corruption said no! For we, no matter what those naysayers may say, we are the true Horde!”

Within moments of fighting, the camp began cheering and hugging. Roars swept across Ashenvale and pride took over the Horde rebels. Cherno patted Teraan on the back after his speech, struggling to get to him amongst the celebrating troops.

“It will take a lot more than pretty words to win this war old friend” he said to Teraan.

Nodding in agreement the Paladin leader looked at him “But what else do we have?” he asked, “What else can we have?”

**Blackluster**

Falling to his feet, Blackluster felt the dirt hit his face, his body sinking into the ground. It seemed so long since he fled Stormwind and climbed from the catacombs. Ever since he clambered out into the lush valleys of Stormwind’s countryside he had not stopped looking over his shoulder. Yet even those rocky hills were long behind him, following Fjord’s advice and the route on the map he had travelled north, all the way to the plaglands.

A loud shout could be heard in the distance, a wild animal screaming in pain. Pushing himself up he gradually forced his body upwards, his hands pressing into the soft soil as he rose to his feet. Clapping his hands together removed the dirt and he looked around the barren landscape, a thick black smog clouded his vision. Long had it been since someone outside the holy order had stepped on these lands from Stormwind. He had stories of what had become of it, but he never imagined the situation so die. The ground itself was crying for help with every step as it gasped in pain, the grey texture lay for miles. Dotted around the landscape black trees sprung up, devoid of leaves, some even had hanging ropes giving a grim reminder that it was once a place of great prosperity.

Staggering forward his deep breaths became the only noise as the sound of the animal died out. After a few minutes he found an old worn path, figuring it led to the chapel of Paladins he followed the road into the darkness ahead. As he marched on he noticed the path had patches of cobble leading the way whereas other parts simply had slightly lighter dirt to highlight the route. Slowly shapes emerged from the smog, placing his hand above his eyes he narrowed his gaze to try make them out. Burnt houses on the left and derelict barns on the right made him consider turning around. As he followed the instructions on the map the true horrors of what occurred here became ever more apparent, rows upon rows of dead crops and wasted farmed spread across the fields. Noticing white specs around the farm his curiosity forced him to peer closer, regretting his decision upon making out the shapes of skeletons and corpses.

Approaching the end of the cobble path he came to a sign on a crossroads, the darkness of night approached and his body was weakening. He stumbled to the sign which read “Darrowshire”, pointing to the south, and “Light’s Hope Chapel” directing to the east. Glancing at his map he thought best to seek shelter in this little town, seeing lights ahead he continued down into the village.

“Who goes there!” squawked a voice as a torch emerged from the smog.

“Do not fear” replied Blackluster, “I am but a warrior of Stormwind, seeking a night’s rest”.

“Stormwind aye?” said the masked figure, “Well you better come this way”.

Blackluster nodded in gratitude and followed the figure, as he grew closer he inspected his new guide. Dressed in simple brown robes he seemed to limp ahead, the night came fast and only the torch led the way as blackness surrounding the duo.

After a brief walk, the two reached the town and Blackluster looked around. A lot of the houses seemed abandoned with parts falling off. The large tavern at the centre had lights beaming from its window and seemed the hub of activity, yet there was no noise of sounds of drinking one would expect.

“Right this way sq...sq..squire” told the hooded figure, directing Blackluster into the tavern.

Looking around the town one more time Blackluster saw shadows skitter across the ground. He felt a shiver cross his spine and grasped his sword. The hooded figure looked down as he did, before looking back up into Blackluster’s face. Staring straight back, the Stormwind warrior noticed inside the hood was nothing but darkness and two eerie red glows. A slight outline could be made and he put it down to the darkness approaching from night. Hearing a high pitch whistle outside quickly made Blackluster forget his worries and jump inside the tavern.

Entering the building he thought he would find the warm of fire, yet he felt a chill come across him even more so than outside. The air was heavy and his breath could be seen as he panted, deprived from energy. Wooden beams held up the tavern roof and stretched all across. Ripped paintings covered the walls, while a giant golden Angel statue stood in the middle of the room decapitated. Small circular tables with simple wooden seats made up most of the furniture.

Looking around the room he saw similar figures dressed in brown robes sat down at tables. One by one they slowly turned their heads to look at him. No one seemed to notice his entrance, yet the tavern was freakishly silent.

No one came to greet him, but after a short while he could hear them begin to whisper, whisper about him.

“Who is he?”

“Stormwind? I thought the master...”

Their voices seemed to be both all around and yet inside his head. He looked left and right to see their eyes gleaming back.

“How did he get here?”

“What is that Shield? That glow?”

His head spun as he heard voices all around, asking questions, looking at him. He turned around to try leave, perhaps find somewhere to stay in one of the other buildings. As he reached for the door his guide stepped in front of him, its head cocked to the side slightly.

“You only just got here, why don’t you tell us where you’re going, friend?” asked the robed figure.

Feeling the cold stare of eyes behind him, his hands tingling from an icy touch he could take it no longer. He quickly grabbed the side of the hood with both hands and stared into the red eyes of his guide.

“Forgive me, but I must know” he told him.

Pulling down the robe he gasped and took a step back. Gazing upon his guide he saw a distorted man, some parts remained yet others simply had darkness. Whatever this was, it no longer seemed human. As his hands dropped to his side it began to hiss loudly at him, behind him the wooden seats scraped across the floor being pushed aside and the other figures began to hiss. Slowly he could hear their footsteps approach, encroaching around.

Freezing for a moment panic took over his body. Reaching for his sword his wrist went numb, cold crept over it and he looked down to see a shrivelled hand gripped it. A hooded figure was stood right next to him, staring at his arm and he felt his life force draining away as a weakness dawned over his body.

Shaking all over he managed to reach for a dagger hidden in a pocket using his free arm, he sliced the villager’s arm hoping to free his own. Fear struck again as the fabric of the robe simply snapped, his blade went straight through it and a blackness could be seem emanating from the ripped cloth. With nothing left, he took his shield from his back and swung it into the hooded head, a flash of light forced the figure back before it flopped down leaving only robes. Suddenly, the hissing became even louder piercing his ears almost deafening him.

Panting for air, Blackluster drew his sword and backed himself into a corner. The ghostly figures gradually stepped forward in unison, edging closer towards his isolated corner. Around him torches went out one by one creating only darkness but for the glowing eyes of the staggering townsfolk.
Last edited by Bluebell on 25 Sep 2015 20:26, edited 2 times in total.

Saddie

#321 » Post by Saddie » 25 Sep 2015 17:19

Make me have the cameo :O and also... finally another chapter *_*

Wilcox

#322 » Post by Wilcox » 25 Sep 2015 17:25

this story needs more wilcox

also bluebell, if you ever think of creating a mage god, you can use Sickhos. it's my new mage, sickbrain + branhos = sickhos the ultimate mage

Bluebell
Former Staff

#323 » Post by Bluebell » 25 Sep 2015 17:29

Saddie wrote:Make me have the cameo :O and also... finally another chapter *_*
2 chapters!

Saddie

#324 » Post by Saddie » 25 Sep 2015 20:08

You misspelled Voyonkor's name in chapter 15 xD and boy seems luster will get molested by ghosts :shock:

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#325 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 25 Sep 2015 23:30

I shall not be molested by those damn things, take your words back!
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Bluebell
Former Staff

#326 » Post by Bluebell » 26 Sep 2015 01:19

Wilcox wrote:this story needs more wilcox
Fan service?

What? Another chapter? Already?! 3 in one week, don't get used to it! Let me know what you think. If I'm skipping too much detail for the sake of plot say so, feedback helps me!
Blacklustersoldier wrote:I shall not be molested by those damn things, take your words back!
Won't you? Let's find out...

People in this chapter

Spoiler:
Merkava
Justicelight
Meko
Roel
Blackluster
Wilcox
Marick

Ragnorak
Gorecleave
Etro
Bluebell
Stray

Amorian
Economist

Chapter 17 - Hidden truths
Spoiler:
**Merkava**

Finishing his duties assigned to him by Justicelight, the former Alliance Paladin began the return to his quarters. The skies were devoid of stars and it seemed colder than usual, yet he thought nothing of it, his silver and gold armour keeping him warm. Walking down the torch lit path he passed the chapel, noticing the doors left swinging. Prays and ceremonies were held in the hours of light, so why would it be open now?

Shrugging he walked past, before pausing for a moment and turning back into the chapel. There were no lights lit, no torches to show the way, in the darkness the room looked so different when not filled with golden paladins and a gleaming sun in the sky. Only moonlight brightened it up, illuminating narrow passages along the floor. Merkava continued in regardless for the stairs.

“Hello?” he asked with worry in his tone, “Who goes there?” he reached the stone spiral stair case.

Placing his hand on the wall he slowly climbed the stairs, wrapping around the bell tower until he reached the summit itself, a look out across the whole of the Plaglands. The giant brass bell gently swayed from side to side in the wind and a figure stood behind it and Merkava held his breath.

“The night is darker than normal today.” said a familiar voice, “Something stirs beyond the trees.”

Merkava let a sigh of relief, “You had me scared old friend” he took his place next to the figure, “What brings you here at this time?”

As he approached the figure became clear as Justicelight, “Can you not feel it? I know the air is heavy now and the land silent, yet tonight it is something else. We must be ready at all times, for that is our duty”.

“And yet you would have me feed the cattle and horses!” mocked Merkava.

Justice sarcastically smiled, “There is a time and place for everything my friend. Come, the night is cold, we should make our leave” the pair turned for the stairs.

As they walked down the tower stairs, a loud shriek sliced into their ears. In the darkness of the tower Merkava looked behind him to Justice, who similarly looked down with a equal bemusement, without hesitation the two sprinted back up to the tower. From the clouds above a gold and white beam of light shot down ahead of them, they covered their faces as the wind ferociously swept across the land blowing down trees and forcing the paladins back a step. They gazed in astonishment at the feat before their eyes as the heavens themselves seemed to open up. Lightning slammed down around a small opening in the forest, the skies above them roared with thunder and the glowing beam seemed to spiral down blinding their sight.

Holding on to the banister around the tower, Merkava noticed Justicelight had taken to the bell itself. The screaming noise continued, only to be accompanied by the swinging of the bell. Echoing around the camp it chimed, Merkava watched as lights sprung up around the chapel and Paladins came out to see the commotion. One by one they looked up to the skies expressionless at the beam of light and daunting skies.

Ceasing from the bell tower, Justicelight stood next to Merakva and shouted down to the Paladins, “My brothers and sisters! Look to the skies, this is our moment! Gather your weapons and ready the steeds! We march for Darrowshire!”

“Justice!” yelled Merkava trying to be heard over the howling wind, “What does it mean? What is happening?”

Looking at him and smiling, Justice replied, “The Angels are coming.”
**Blackluster**
Holding firmly onto his sword and shield the frightened Stormwind warrior felt his back hit firmly against the wooden wall. Biting his tongue he closed his eyes and told himself this was it. As he began to think of his life, regrets and memories flashed before him. He had come so far yet in the end he would meet his end just as if he had remained in Stormwind. It was then he heard it, a banshee scream screeched into his ears causing his eyes to shoot open.

Looking before him the roof collapsed and splintering wood shot through the air giving a giant thud. Shielding his face, he gradually looked up to see a bright light in the middle of the hooded figures that had been encroaching on him. Around it the brown robes seemed to stand, some struggling to to keep upright, motionless they watched.

Likewise Blackluster gazed at the beauty of what was before him, it seemed to be kneeling down and facing him with its head covered. After a few seconds the people of Darrowshire hissed all at once. Together they made their way on to the centre of the room to attack the glowing figure. As they drew close it looked up to Blackluster, right in the eyes giving him a large shock, causing him to nearly fall back if not for the wall to his rear. It seemed to smile as he noticed two swords in either of its hand placed firmly on the ground. Before he could realise what was happening the figure vanished and a swirl of gold trickled through the room.

Two golden lines dashed from one of the villagers to another as they desperately looked around the room. Almost in slow motion Blackluster tried to keep up, seeing glimpses of the golden figure appear around sides of the room. Robes started dropping to the ground a few seconds after being struck by the golden lines and the dark manifestations started turning away from Blackluster and focus on their new foe.

Blinking briefly, Blackluster made his way for the door. Gripping the knob it seemed to be stuck, he kept turning round to see the carnage behind him.

“Come on, come on!” he yelled at the door, “Open damn you!” he told it panicing for his life.

Finally the door unlocked and he flung it open into the cold courtyard, still looking over his shoulder. As he turned to away from the tavern he gasped, a shadowy figure right in front of him, its red glowing eyes staring into Blackluster’s soul, hissing. It breathed directly into his face chilling the Stormwind knight to the core. Frozen in fear Blackluster stared death in the face.

Suddenly the figure was swept away, Blackluster closed and opened his eyes quickly, looking to his left he saw another golden figure flying up onto the houses, the robe that was in front of him now lay wasted to the side. He watched as this new angelic figure glided leaving only golden trails all over the town, swinging a staff into the attacking villagers.

Away from the tavern he stumbled trying not to fall down. In the darkness he desperately tried to find a path out of the town. Looking back behind him, the windows of the tavern smashed open and the golden figure flashed out joining the second in combat against the shadows outside. It dart up and around the town joining the fray, yet he could still not make out what it truly was. Wandering forward hugged walls for cover and held them to keep himself up right, hoping no one saw. Despite his intentions, without a guide he struggled to find the route out of Darrowshire.

Slowly he ended up fleeing to the middle of the town he came to a stone fountain, yet it appeared no water had run from it in a long time. Shivering, he spun around seeing more and more shadows and dark figures moving in the distance, their screeching drawing closer, the hissing growing louder. Clouds of darkness seemed to make their way to the small town of Darrowshire, the helpless Blackluster watched in awe as the two figures of light tried to keep them at bay.
**Merkava**
Upon Justicelight’s instructions the whole Holy Order had quickly sprung from their slumber and now readied to march. Merkava had never seen so must urgency among his fellow Paladins as they prepared for what he could only assume was battle. The whole camp seemed to be getting themselves ready, he watched as the stable was emptied and armoury depleted.

“Merkava, with me!” ordered Justice with another horse ready.

Saddling up, Merkava joined Justicelight at the front of the column, he looked behind him to see a long streak of mounted Paladins. Moonlight gleamed down onto their silver armour, gold paved the way back through the camp and torches gave light to the dark skies around.

Looking up to the skies, Merkava noticed the clouds push back and the long beam go out, now only above the town itself shone the light. Seeing his concern Justicelight patted him on the back, smiled and nodded at him.

“Now my friend. Now you see what it means to be a Paladin!” he motioned his horse onwards to begin.

Following suit Merakva went with him, looking back to see Paladins start their charge with their leader, Giant white banners with golden wings were held high aloft, the symbol of the Paladin order. As they made their way to Darrowshire the cavalry began to speed up, going quicker into the forest away from the chapel. Drawing closer to the battle seemed only to speed up their charge.

Coming to a clearing, Justice stopped overlooking the derelict town. He put his hand up causing the following Paladins to encompass him and Merkava in an semi circle, Merakva noticed he was the only one not in line, but overlooking the cliff. In front of them below, hundreds of shadows and dark figures rushed into the forest, so many it seemed they were one mass rather than individuals. They came from every angle into the town to seemingly no end. Gold and silver flashed from side to side stopping the shadows in their tracks giving only light in the very middle of the courtyard.

Trotting up and down Justicelight triumphantly told his followers “Brothers and sisters! Gaze upon the darkness. Tonight we are the light, we have had our troubles, our fights and our battles. But tonight we define ourselves, we define our order!” he drew his sword, a golden light emanated from it, “Ride now for Darrowshire, let us purge the town. For the light, in the name of Roel!”

Drawing their swords and raising their spears, the Paladin army cheered overlooking the town of Darrowshire.

“To fight besides Angels. I never thought I would live to see such an honour.” whispered Justicelight.

“But what does it mean? Why now? Darrowshire has been lost to us for some time, why now do they come? And this many demons and corrupted townsfolk, I have never seen such a force!” said Merkava.

“Whatever it is, we shall soon find out my friend. Come!” Justice jolted forward and began the charge into the town.
**Blackluster**
Stumbling around Darrowshire’s courtyard, Blackluster began to cling to his chest once more, he dropped his weapons to the side and dropped to the fountain. He noticed grass growing from the stone floor below him, but his attention was drawn to the battle around. Shadow figures managed to get past the golden defenders and make their way to him, only to be picked off once more and flung into the night.

As he rubbed his face and wondered what nightmares were in store next, he heard a large roar to the East on the cliff. Swinging round and looking up, he saw a flurry of mounted torches descend down the hill towards the town. Squinting his eyes as they drew closer, he saw banners of white and golden carried through the air. The ground shook as the horses galloped into the fray and the stampede echoed throughout the valley. Blackluster considered running, but realised he had nowhere left to run, he simply sat and accepted his fate.

Sitting on the cold stone fountain, the horses ran straight past him, he glanced up to see silver armoured knights and trails of gold fly around. To his amazement they sprinted to meet the oncoming shadows and held them back. All around him the two armies smashed into each other as the golden light figures dashed from roof top to roof top battling incoming darkness. The torches of the oncoming army lit the town giving glowing light all around.

It was then that one of the mounted troops noticed the solitary soldier and made their way to him. Blackluster realised and quickly looked for his sword on the ground.

Looking down to him, the Paladin Meko asked “Who are you? What are you doing here?”

Blackluster stopped looking for his sword and peered up to the Paladin, “My name is Blackluster, I was told to come here. Well, to you, I mean, Paladins” his mind muddled amongst the confusion and exhaustion.

Meko looked back down at him, noticing he was different from the crippled and deformed villagers “Come with me” he offered his hand to get on the horse, “We will see what the others have to say.”

Blackluster nodded back and reached out, before quickly turning for his shield. Grabbing the heirloom he then joined on horseback as the town erupted in a clash of darkness and light.
**Ragnorak**
Smugly sat on the throne of Stormwind the Horde war chief held his newly formed council of Stormwind. Around the room stood his own advisors, as well as what was left of Stormwind’s own council.

“First order of business sir, we need to find a way to feed the city. Many farmers either fled or refuse to work” said Ragnorak’s second in command Economist.

The war chief swished a golden cup of wine in his hand, seemingly uninterested at the remarks of his advisor. Nervously the other council members looked at each other, forcing Economist to continue.

“Perhaps we could try appease them. In the meantime I can request rations sent from Thunderbluff, Lord Darchow informs me they have plenty and Matsy is always willing to share, for a price of course.” he told the chamber.

Again the members looked to the new King of Stormwind, his gaze still firmly locked inside the cup. Tapping his foot Economist carried on.

“Second order of business. I believe we should deal with the Ironforgians, we have..” before being cut off.

“What shall we call it?” Ragnorak interrupted.

Biting his lip and looking down before looking back up, Economist asked “Call what, sir?”

“Sorry were you talking?” mocked Ragnorak getting up from his seat and walking down the small steps from the throne, “I wasn’t listening. The city. What shall we call it? Stormwind is an Alliance name, I want one that speaks for the glory of the Horde! Perhaps NOrgrimmar? To show it is second to the greatest city in the world?”

The rest of the room nodded in agreement scared of the easily aggravated leader, except for one who laughed, “NOrgrimmar? That’s a terrible name! You can’t even pronounce it” jabbed Amorian.

Silent dawned over the chamber. People slowly took steps away from Amorian as Ragnorak turned around to face him and reached for his axe. Eyes all around traced his movements as he grabbed it and took steps towards the Horde advisor.

“Stupid, you say?” growled Ragnorak, “You think my idea is...stupid?”

“Well, I mean” stammered Amorian seeing the sharpness of the battle axe, “Maybe...”

“Enough!” bellowed the now enraged Ragnorak, slicing the head of the councillor clean up, there was a brief pause as the head dropped to the floor, “Anyone else have any thoughts on the new name?”

“I will put it in the next edition of our paper the Forum” said Etro, the Stormwind writer.

As two stewards ran in and carried the corpse and head of Amorian away, everyone else agreed with Ragnorak and nodded, facing directly down.

“Good”, he told them, turning back to his chair, “Continue with your bla-bla Economist” he motioned with his hand in a turning motion.

Before Economist could carry on the doors slammed open and a gush of air swept through the chamber. Ragnorak quickly turned and gazed down the long hall way. Gorecleave stormed up the purple carpet and glared menacingly towards the Horde leader.

“Leave us! All of you, at once!” shouted Ragnorak forcing the advisors to scurry away leaving only a handful of guards, “What brings you here?”

“Do not waste my time.” commanded the dark knight, “You sit here discussing your frivolities!”

Ragnorak looked back at him and took to his seat, “What do you mean? The city is ours, the Alliance are in ruins and their leaders dead or captured.”

Stepping forward Gorecleave’s gaze became narrower and his voice lowered, “You think I took this pitiful city so you could sit here and drink? You think this war, your powers, my return was so you could have a seat to sit in?”

“This seat holds the power of the whole kingdom! The Horde are victorious, we are victorious! What more cou” replied Ragnorak.

Now up the stairs, the demon king interrupted Ragnorak and knocked his golden chalice off the arm rest. The wine spilled all onto the ground and Ragnorak looked down to the ground. He reached for his axe and stood up to face Gorecleave, the Horde guards around the room readied their weapons and watched closely.

Before he could say anything, he felt a hand chocking his throat and was raised above the ground. Gorecleave held him aloft and started into his eyes, Ragnorak suddenly felt weak and his axe dropped to the ground clanging as it did. Around the room the soldiers took a step forward, before the dark king staring at them, pushing them onto the walls. He let loose his gaze upon them and they nervously returned to their positions, watching helplessly.

“You fool! You let him escape! We took this city not for you, not for a chair and not to settle some silly debate between the factions of your people. We took it for one person, the son of the Chosen. You really think I helped you take Theramore for reinforcements? So that I could help your little campaign? The seat of Theramore was held by the wielder of the green gem, descendant of Bluebell. Now that Wilcox is dead we needed to kill the other blood line.” he tightened his grip around Ragnorak’s throat “But you let him escape. Find him. He will go to the Paladins in the north.” the hand parted dropping Ragnorak to the ground.

Gasping for air the Horde leader watched as the dark knight left the room, marching down the corridor. Outside the keep the council stood waiting and. Guards rushed to help their war chief to his feet and the councillors slowly streamed in.

“What happened? Are you ok sir?” Economist asked his leader.

Still gasping for air, Ragnorak looked at him, “Send a message to Marick, tell him to ready the army of Silvermoon. Order him to attack the chapel of the Paladins.”
Last edited by Bluebell on 26 Sep 2015 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

Saddie

#327 » Post by Saddie » 26 Sep 2015 05:13

Great chapter *_* one of the most exciting ones so far ^_^

kayliee

#328 » Post by kayliee » 26 Sep 2015 20:56

I can finally read again! Internet problems QQ and other stuffs :D
Hey, I heard you like the wild ones.
Check below for my new names!
Pudditat - 80 5769
Puddigoat - 80 5457
Puddipie - 805471
Kaylieeheals - 80 4772
Dorfpuddi - 805031

Knewklear
Donor

#329 » Post by Knewklear » 26 Sep 2015 21:30

kayliee wrote:I can finally read again! Internet problems QQ and other stuffs :D
Fuck.

kayliee

#330 » Post by kayliee » 27 Sep 2015 02:22

Knewklear wrote:
kayliee wrote:I can finally read again! Internet problems QQ and other stuffs :D
Fuck.
We meet again.
Hey, I heard you like the wild ones.
Check below for my new names!
Pudditat - 80 5769
Puddigoat - 80 5457
Puddipie - 805471
Kaylieeheals - 80 4772
Dorfpuddi - 805031