A story of TW

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: A story of TW

#346 » Post by Bluebell » 23 Oct 2015 03:54

Hm, I can do that. Would need someone to replace as the priest in the story. Also need someone as the random guard for Ragnorak. Thinking I maybe should have had the Teraan chapter in the last one, but ran out of room in it. The battle dawns soon...

People in this chapter:
Spoiler:
Blackluster
Meko
Justicelight
Diryn
Cherno
Teraan
Ragnorak
Gnurg
Economist
Geoalex
Intervention
Bluebell
Wilcox
Crescendo
Kindzadza
Peithne
Stray
Discarnate

Chapter 21 – The Story of Hope
Spoiler:
**Teraan**

Morning broke on the small rebel camp inside the Ashenvale forest. Hearing a strange bustling noise in the tent near by, Teraan went to investigate the activity. Wrapping himself in a brown blanket he emerged out of the slit in his tent to a dawning sun and made his way across the path.

“Cherno, what are you doing at such an hour?” he asked, pulling back the canvas.

Inside was one of Teraan's officers Cherno, packing a small satchel whilst being fully dressed himself. Looking around, the rebel leader saw everything had been sorted away, rather than the usual mess it would normally be left in, the home seemed very tidy. It was clear he had been up all night sorting and planning.

“You heard it. I know you did. The horn was blown by the Justicar. We must go.” said Cherno without ceasing from his actions.

Teraan stepped inside fully, now crouching under the roof of the blue tent. His arm lent up to hold it slightly higher as he approached his friend.

“I did.” he replied.

Finally stopping to turn and look, Cherno calmly returned “Then you know what it means. You know what we must do.”

Looking to the floor, Teraan smiled a little, “It means suicide. It means travelling across two continents to get yourself killed.” putting his hands on Cherno's shoulders he whispered, “Don't go.”

In response Cherno simply shrugged the hand off. Teraan then retracted it back to himself and sighed.

“Don't go? Don't go you tell me? This is the first good news we have had since...well since forever. The first contact from anyone friendly since the Theramore execution” he argued.

“Good news?” laughed Teraan, “You think the last bastion of free people crying out for help is good news? Tell me. When Orgrimmar burned, where was Light's Hope Chapel? When the forces of darkness drove the Horde people from the Barren lands where were the Paladins? Even when the greatest city of humanity fell and Stormwind nobles begged at the feet of their enemies they sat and did nothing. Only now, when it beckons on their door do they ask for our help!”

Shaking his head slowly, Cherno now dropped all actions to be involved in the dialogue, “Really? You have lost belief? What do we fight for if not for a moment like this? What are we doing here? Ask yourself Teraan, my friend. We have been at this camp since Orgrimmar fell, and what have we accomplished? A few raids? Lost some good men? I would follow you to the ends of the world and you know that. But I would not follow you out of the heavens.”

Stepping back slightly, Teraan sighed once more before telling him, “I have lost nothing. I believe we can win just as much as you do. But I know going to fight for dead men will get you nowhere but a grave.”

“Maybe” said Cherno returning to his packing, “But I will lay in that grave knowing I have done my duty.”

Sighing once more, the leader began to rise to his feet, “I cannot stop you?”

“You cannot.” he said, now facing away fully.

“Then goodbye my friend. I wish you well in battle, do us proud.” Teraan said back.

Pausing once more, Cherno smiled and reached round to face him. The two then hugged each other for a few moments before parting. Teraan smiled as he moved away to leave the tent.

“I believe the phrase goes, come back with your shield, or on it?” joked Teraan before departing.

“Then you better lend me your shield!” mocked Cherno back.

The two had one last laugh together before Teraan returned to his own quarters. There he sat, as his friend across the way, packing to travel to the Chapel. He knew he would lose many soldiers, lusting for glory or following their hearts in the coming days. The call of the Horn was hard to resist, but something told Teraan to stay, that his role was in Ashenvale, not the Plaglands.

**Ragnorak**

Walking along the narrow streets of Stormwind, the proud Horde warchief looked down at his new citizens with contempt. Around him marched his guard, heavily armoured warriors with one at either side of the column carrying the Horde banner. Their thunderous stomping could be heard throughout the city as steel boots battered stone pathways.

“I still think we should have remained in the keep” moaned Economist as he marched alongside Ragnorak.

“I want to see it first hand. I can't see it locked away up there!” refuted the leader.

Surprised by his apparent kindness, Gnurg looked at him and asked, “Their suffering? I didn't know you had a heart.”

Ragnorak laughed at her ignorance, “Good one little Alliance girl! I do love to see them suffer, but this rebellion I have heard about. I want to see what the Alliance scum are doing to my city.”

She shook her head as they continued through the passages. Every street had its own story, as houses quickly fell into ruin, families became homeless and communities fell apart. From the upper windows villagers threw rotten tomatoes at the passing war leader. No emotion touched his face until his company were out of sight. Only then did he smile as he heard the crashing of doors when his troops stormed the attacker's home.

Suddenly, the group stopped. They had come to an abandoned post, a wooden watch tower overlooking a small bridge. It had been quickly constructed when the Horde took power over the city, and many of them were dotted around key positions. This one looked to have been used recently, yet now empty.

“What is the meaning of this?” demanded Ragnorak, pointing up.

Economist stepped to the front carrying a parchment, “Tower 7 B Sir. It seems the guards were...let me see. Yes. Paladins, we had a number of them leave a few days ago. We're not sure why, something about a horn I believe. But that along with Gorecleave's request, and some being sent home, our numbers have dwindled, not all posts can be manned.”

“Unacceptable!” he yelled, “We have rebellions on the streets and you would lower our ranks? Man every post. Patrols on every street. I want them to know that wherever they go, whatever they do, we will be there, and we will be watching!”

“Sir, if we antagonise them any more, the riots may spread. Right now it is small and concentrated, caution may be the best opt-” Economist advised before being cut off.

“Nonsense! Fear is our weapon, and we will use it to strike down our enemies. Caution? Bah! Don't make me laugh. Have all soldiers ready at all times. I want men on the streets.” demanded Ragnorak.

Writing down his commands, Economist began to look over his notes. The company continued on without the advisor over the bridge into the lush educational sector of Stormwind. Much of it had been burnt after the sacking, the Horde troops had lost their way for literature some time ago. The grand blue spires crumbled from the attack as they fell into ruin.

As Economist caught back up to them, he found the guards had come to a halt once more. Pushing through the crowd he reached the centre where Ragnorak was inspecting a tavern wall. Its yellow texture was held up by long brown wooden beams, the stench of alcohol could be heard from the basement, a sign of open barrels. Above them, a swinging sign with the name “The Blue Recluse” hung off one hinge.

“Is this it?” asked Ragnorak, clutching a piece of paper attached to the wall.

“Yes sir” said one of the guards, “We have found these all over the city.”

Economist pushed through again next to Ragnorak, “Sir? What is it?”

The Horde leader pulled the poster from the wall and scrumpled it into a ball before throwing it to the ground. As he turned to walk out of the area the guards stood to the side and raised their weapons, creating a tunnel, saluting as he walked past them. Two by two they then followed him after he stepped past before all had now formed a column behind.

“Double the guards, triple them if you have to. I want those rebels destroyed” he angrily told Economist, who scribbled down on his pad before rushing after him.

Unnoticed to their rear, Gnurg peered down to see the paper, she unravelled it quickly. On the paper she saw a crude drawing of castle towers with a lion symbol drawn above it. She smiled as she read the words “The Alliance will rise.”

**Blackluster**

Over the coming days Blackluster watched as Paladins from all around TrueWoW streamed into the camp. He recognised some, bearing the colours of the Alliance, whereas others seemed to have the red of the Horde. There were others, in simple silver, or emerald green that seemed to be of no allegiance. As he sat on a stool outside his tent, Meko came to him.

“You are summoned, sir.” said the shy Paladin.

“By whom? And I told you, don't call me sir.” replied Blackluster.

“Justicar Justicelight, in the Chapel halls. Come with me, sir.” Meko then turned towards the main building.

Blackluster rolled his eyes, got up and followed his guide, “That's a big mouthful, isn't it? Quite a convenient title?”

Ignoring him, Meko led the way to the Chapel, the doors already open. They walked through the ceremonial room into the back, with the long table where Blackluster had been interrogated. It was now well lit, even the chandelier was shining bright as a number of Paladins had taken to their seats. Meko directed him to his chair before taking to his own.

Suddenly, Justicelight emerged wearing a long white cape with golden trails around it. In his hand he carried a golden sceptre, infused with multiple colours of jewels. His cape trailed along the stone ground as the room watched him take his place. Stopping in front of the tapestry, he raised the sceptre above his head. Upon his command, the room went dark, all candles were blown out and only the shining light from his stick as the jewels glowed.

“Paladins of the west, priests of the east! Brothers of the north and sisters of the south! Welcome!” he announced.

A brief moment of clapping and discussing went around, before a Paladin named Diryn asked “Yes yes, enough with your flashing lights Justice. Now why are we here?”

Bowing back, the Justicar continued, “You join us in dire times. I am sure you know of the emergence of the Demons, the corruption of the Horde and the catastrophe of the Guardians.”

The room then began to grumble in response.

“However there is hope.” he pointed to Blackluster with his sceptre, causing all eyes to be cast on him, “A bloodline. One we may have thought lost, fallen into legend. But I tell you now, the bloodlines live!”

Gasping could be heard, a now familiar response Blackluster thought. He looked around to see them all watching him, talking about him. Meko sat up right in his chair and smiled, and the Stormwind knight felt a tap on his arm.

“Watch! This is the good part!” said Meko to him, with a look of joy.

“Bloodlines?” replied Cherno, dressed in black and red armour of the Horde, “They are but lies and histories of ancient times. No one even remembers their stories!”

Justicelight smiled back, and then directed them towards the tapestry, “Brother Cherno, did you not hear the song of the Horn? A song of Hope, and yet you have none? I shall tell you the story, the reason we are here.”

“Stories and myths? I have no time for this! I should have stayed in Ashenvale, Teraan was right!” Cherno said before standing from his chair.

Pushing him back down, Geoalex told him,”You will sit. You will listen. And you will learn.” causing Cherno to sit cooperatively back into his chair.

Justicelight then continued, “Long ago, there was a war waged on the plains of TrueWoW, not between the factions of men but of forces of light and dark. It nearly broke the will of humanity and the war was nearly lost. Even Ahrin Qiraj, a city for the Angels themselves fell to the power of the Demons as the two higher beings battled for power. It is said that they came from Icecrown, a lost land beyond the seas, but they made their home on our isles at Blackrock Mountain. From there their corruption spread all around, seeping into the ground itself and through the souls of men. Even now, the area reeks of dark magic, twisted by the evil that once resided there. It was only when the Arch Angel Peithne took the power of Dalaran itself, a forbidden art, that the tide turned. At the battle of Blackrock the combined forces of humanity and Angels were able to defeat the forces of evil and push them from our homes.”

Justicelight stepped forward, Blackluster then realised the story was drawn along the cloth on the wall. He began to watch it unravel, now in graphical form. Looking around he saw everyone engrossed on the sceptre.

Continuing, Justicelight went on, “After the battle was won it was decided by the Arch Angels that they would need to put their faith in humanity. The war had shown the limitations of their race, and had drained their power. As a sacrifice for the future, the Arch Angels gave up their strength and selected heroes of humanity, their blood infused with the power of an Angel and the will of the humans. Kindzadza blessed Discarnate as a sign of wisdom, Intervention chose Stray to be a symbol of the warrior spirit.”

As he said the last one, he pointed towards Blackluster. After a brief moment, the Stormwind warrior realised the room were now looking at him, realising where they were in the story he reached for his shield and placed it on the table. As it touched the wood, the group huddled around to inspect it, rubbing their hands along the gems and surface.

Shortly after the break, Justicelight continued leading everyone to hurriedly sit back down, “And finally before his death, Peithne chose the Paladin Bluebell to be the child of hope. Not known by many was the greatest sacrifice of all. Peithne's decision to use the forbidden weapon was not an easy one, and he paid for it. Despite it dealing the crushing blow in the war, he broke the sacred laws of the ancient race. Upon returning victorious to Dalaran, the Arch Angel had his powers stripped and life forfeited by Lord Arch Angel Intervention. And so began the decline of the Angels.” he then began to take a sip from his flask.

“Fairy tales and times of a bygone age” murmured Cherno.

“Fairy tales?” asked Justicelight, “Yes, you may see it as simple fairy tales and bed time stories. But the city of Stormwind was founded by Stray himself, his portraits still sit proudly along the halls of the citadel. He broke away after a disagreement with the leaders of the original human tribes, and those that followed came to be known as the Alliance. Although it is not known even by the greatest of scholars, it is believed that Bluebell followed him. Her nature soon took over however, and she came here, the most remote part of the continent; the Plaglands. Light's Hope Chapel is exactly that, the Chapel from the daughter of Hope. A few followed her and helped her construct the foundations for our base you see today. It didn't take long until it became a beacon for Paladins and Priests everywhere. A few generations later and our story ends.” he then reached the part of the tapestry cut off.

“So what now?” asked the now fascinated Diryn, “What happened to them?”

Justicelight swung his sceptre around, “It has long been thought the bloodlines survived to this day. I did not believe in it fully myself, I thought only the one of Bluebell remained, although faint. But the Angels came to me and confirmed as I had always hoped. The son of Stray sat on the council of Stormwind, hidden in plain sight, he now sits here. Just as the child of Discarnate is within the leadership of the Horde council, still living.”

“Teraan...” whispered Cherno to himself, looking at the table.”

“What about the line of Bluebell?” asked Diryn, leaning forward, “I know what the rumours say. I also know what happened at Theramore. Wilcox lived?”

Replying back, Justicelight sat down, “No. It is true that Wilcox was of Bluebell's line. But he did not live the siege of Theramore.”

The room then broke into commotion before Diryn asked again “Then where does that blood lie? If Wilcox is dead then surely hope is lost?”

A grim look overcame the Justicar's face. He looked to the table as the arguing died down to silence. They all looked to him for his next words, and he slowly raised his head.

“There were two.” he went on, “Wilcox had a sister.”

Everyone began to lean forward, but he seemed to go quiet once more. He stared straight down to the table once more. Looking at each other the Paladins and Priests became confused.

“So where is she?” asked Cherno.

“Tell us?” spoke Geoalex.

Justicelight shook his head. His hand held up his forehead and his fingers stroked his eyebrows. His heart began to pound as his feelings became conflicted.

Merkava then patted him on the shoulder, “You must tell them.”

The Justicar sighed and rose up once more, he put his hand on his eyes and rubbed them gently, “To the east, the ancient city of Lordaeron. Within its forgotten walls, those that worship the dark arts live.”

“Demon worshippers!” shouted Diryn, “Damn traitors to their own people!” he slammed his fist on the table.

“Not quite,” replied Justicelight, “They share links to the Demons, yes. But they do not worship them. We have run into the kind that do and they are far apart. Nevertheless, I do not trust them. But their leader, the one that bound them into a single force, is named Crescendo. The lost daughter of Bluebell.” his heart grew heavy as he looked to the ceiling, beyond the roof and into the stars.

Suddenly the room began to cry in out rage. Some began to cry while others shouted in anger.

“You have got to be joking!” yelled Diryn.

“The warlocks? The bloodline of Bluebell is in the hands of those...those...” said Cherno.

“Sir...tell me it isn't so?” pleaded Meko.

“Calm down!” demanded Merkava, quieting the squabble, “Yes, this is bad news. Yes, perhaps the worst. But that is not for now. You wanted questions and now you have answers. Look to the present.”

Geoalex then stood up, “Merkava is right! A great darkness is massing at our gates from every angle. It is the real reason you all came, we must ready ourselves for the coming battle.”

Blackluster watched in astonishment as the room went through every emotion before cheering together. They began to slam on the table with their fists creating a tune as Justicelight sat up straight, before standing on his chair.

“Brothers! It brings me great happiness to see us together in these dark times!” he declared, “I hope our spirits are high in the heat of battle. From the north come the army of Silvermoon, their raids have been persistent throughout. From the west come the soldiers of Orgrimmar and Thunderbluff, bloodied by their battles against the Alliance, and finally from the south come our most potent foe. The demons themselves launch an attack, be strong and keep your faith. For the light will prevail!”

After the end of his speech, Blackluster's view was impaired by the standing ovation the Justicar received. Cheers and shouts bellowed from them as they shared enthusiasm for the coming battle. Only the Stormwind warrior seemed to dread it, he felt he had fled one battle to another and the nightmare was quickly becoming a reality. Slouching in his chair he tried to close his eyes for it all to be over.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Wilcox

#347 » Post by Wilcox » 23 Oct 2015 08:00

i aint dead justice is lying

Justicelight
Donor

#348 » Post by Justicelight » 23 Oct 2015 08:04

Ofcourse you are not dead, you just morphed from real world into our memories. :D
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Wilcox

#349 » Post by Wilcox » 23 Oct 2015 08:44

fuck off ;(

xcalibour

#350 » Post by xcalibour » 23 Oct 2015 15:41

when am i gonna be in the story QQ
Yes i am a Jamaican no i dont smoke weed

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#351 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 23 Oct 2015 17:20

Neveeeeeeeer!
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

ItchyVortex

#352 » Post by ItchyVortex » 23 Oct 2015 17:39

xcalibour wrote:when am i gonna be in the story QQ
I need a cameo smoking Felweed with Xcali.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

chickenbutt
Donor

#353 » Post by chickenbutt » 23 Oct 2015 18:32

ItchyVortex wrote:
xcalibour wrote:when am i gonna be in the story QQ
I need a cameo smoking Felweed with Xcali.
>not blazing it with me
;.((
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Bluebell
Former Staff

#354 » Post by Bluebell » 25 Oct 2015 00:55

You're both already in the story! Short one this time...

People in this chapter:

Spoiler:
Belendor
HappyPanda
Nepyhx
Kinzadza
Merkava
Geoalex
Roel
Diryn
Meko
Justicelight

Chapter 22 - Sacrifice
Spoiler:
**Merkava**

Mud splashed up from the marshy earth as the Alliance Paladin walked across the camp. He looked to the grey and cloudy skies. Rain hit his forehead. Wiping it off he frowned and continued on his path. It was always raining these past days, but most of it simply fell onto his silver helmet. Around him were Paladins and Priests dressed similarly, in heavy plated armour ready for the coming conflict.

The camp was larger now, far bigger than when he first came. Some of the surrounding forest had been cut down to make way for more tents. As he reached the northern part he came to the main war council. A small circular table had been set up, it sank slightly and rocked in the moist ground, with an orange canvas held up around it. Behind them a long wooden palisade was under construction using wood from the cut down trees.

“You will hold your forces here Diryn” instructed Justicelight, pointing to the West side of the camp on a crudely drawn map.

Diryn nodded back in response and saluted. Merkava inspected him, noticing he seemed more heavily armed than the other Paladins. He was regarded as one of the greatest swordsmen the chapel had ever produced, and carried a great long broadsword down his back.

“Where shall I take my division Justicar sir?” asked Geoalex, “Put me on the flank against that traitor Belendor. I know he will be here, let me show him the true meaning of revenge!”

“No. You shall guard Blackluster in the Chapel.” demanded Justicelight.

“Bah!” scoffed Geoalex angrily, “Why do I stay with him? I want to be out there, fighting alongside you!”

Justicelight nodded, “I know. But you are our best and most loyal swordsman. I know you will do your duty. When the battle starts, protect the bloodline in the chapel walls at all costs.”

Reluctantly, Geoalex accepted, “As you wish, sir. Thank you for the honour.” he then bowed and stepped back slightly.

“I shall defend this line” Justicelight dragged his hand across the north sector, “Against the forces of Silvermoon. Testera and Merkava will be with me.”

This left Meko on the South boarder. His heart sank as he realised it meant facing the demons themselves. The other two lines were fighting merely the Horde, simple soldiers of flesh and steel. He now had to face the unholy, the full force of evil thrust at them. Without realising, Justicelight had outlined the tactics, his hand stretched back from the map as he finished.

“Yes sir.” agreed the others.

“Are you sure sir?” asked the scared Meko.

The Justicar looked at the frightened Paladin and smiled, “Yes, I am sure. You are one of the bravest
men we have. My faith is in you to hold against our greatest foes.”

“Thank you, sir.” said Meko reluctantly, as his body trembled with fear.

“May Roel be with you all” he told them as he picked up the map, the wind blowing heavily once again.

“May Roel be with you.” the group said back.

Packing up, everyone returned to their roles to make the final preparations. A lighting bolt slash down onto the chapel tower, followed quickly by a loud crackle of thunder. A second booming thud was heard in quick succession causing everyone to look up.

“Two sounds of thunder so quick? And only one show of lighting?” inquired Merkava.

“No” said Justicelight, “That was no thunder. It was the sound of drums. The beat of war”

**Kindzadza**

Overlooking the world from the large Dalaran spire, the head of the Angel military slouched on the banister. On his body he carried heavy white armour, the kind which had not been worn for hundreds of years. Remade in the forges of the Gods along with weapons infused with holy power to battle the forces of darkness. He raised his head slightly as footsteps patted up the stone stairs behind him.

“It is starting.” Nephyx told him.

“I know.” replied Kindzadza.

Joining his side the lower Angel shared his leader's attire. By his side a recently made blade dangled down, glowing silver in the night. He placed his hands on the bannister, his chain gloves covered with golden tips. After waiting a few moments, Nephyx looked at him and braved to ask.

“Do we still not act?” he said.

“Correct.” Kindzadza instructed sternly without breaking his gaze.

Nephyx panted in disagreement and shook his head. Turning back down to the world below, his hand turned to a fist and rocked on the bannister. He began to talk but stopped himself, his other hand grasping at thin air. Taking one last look at the focused Angel, he went to return down the stairs.

“They will die.” he coldly said as he reached the doorway.

“I know.” Kindzadza said back.

“All of them?” asked the concerned Angel.

Kindzadza then looked up, to the stars, finally breaking his stare. The night was dark, high up above the clouds it was still hard to make out the stars.

He then replied back, “I do not know. It matters not.”

Nephyx looked back at him and tuttered. Going back down the stairs he shook his head, and punched the wall as he went into the lower levels. His foot steps echoed around the tower on the silent night, save for the clanging of forge works at the other side of the city.

“Ensure the arms are ready” he shouted back down, although he doubted his words were heard.

Looking over his city, he let out a deep sigh. Lights were on all around the home of Angels, but the brightest part was from the iron works. A great fire raged inside as the workers prepared for war, creating the weapons of Gods.

**Belendor**

Riding through the Plagland countryside Belendor's troops made their way to Light's Hope Chapel. Within his ranks were demons sent from Gorecleave, feeding off the energy of the land. His own troops became uneasy at their presence, which only seemed to bring delight in return.

“What was that?” asked MadPanda as a loud noise echoed from the skies, frighting the horses.

Belendor smiled, “It's the sound of drums. Far away our armies march from every angle against our foes. Soon they shall hear our tune.”

A smile crept across MadPanda's face in mirror to his leader's, he then turned to face the soldiers following, “You hear that boys?” he yelled down the line, “Trouble's coming for the Paladins, let's make sure we're there in time to share the spoils!”

Cheers followed his voice throughout the ranks, only to be drowned out from thunder crashing down from above. As they drew closer to the coming battlefield, the sound drums grew ever more constant. Some looked up to the skies, amazed by the long streaks of blue and white lightning that cut through the sky.

“The Angels are mad” mocked Belendor, noticing MadPanda looking upwards.

MadPanda looked sideways to the dark paladin, “They are?” he asked, with a stutter in his voice, “Should we be worried?”

Smirking, Belendor replied “No. They cannot stop us. They will send no one. I know them, why act now when they have had so many chances before? This is a battle of men, not Gods.”

The march continued along the old dirt path. Black trees waved in the wind and barren fields cast a grim view of the once thriving countryside. Farms and villages were past with nothing but broken windows and decaying roofs, slates shattering as they smashed onto the floor. Many of he Horde soldiers looked away at the horrors they past by.

Stampeding towards their goal the group crumpled scattered bones. Villagers left destitute or killed by their own kin lay alone on the floor, skeletons rotting until trampled by the thud of horde cavalry. Sinking away over the mountains, the final rays of sun faded and gave way to the night. The moon rose up, hidden behind a veil of clouds. Only the rows of torches and occasional streaks of lightning proved light in this time of darkness.

After travelling a few miles they arrived just short of the chapel of Hope. Legions of demons and a scatter of horde soldiers lined up behind Belendor. Shivering in the cold, they waited for his command. Patiently they watched, their breath visible as they panted, he simply stood overlooking the cliff.

After a few minutes, MadPanda asked “Sir?”

Belendor snapped back, “Yes, of course. Take the lead of the army and form up there” he then pointed down the cliff.

“You will not fight with us?” asked the second in command.

“I wish to watch the battle from here, I think I can make the best judgements from this vantage point.”replied Belendor.

“A wise choice” conceded MadPanda, “Let's move out!”.

Drums began to beat together as the third army of the Horde joined the fray, making their arrival known. Watching his army depart, he saw torches decline down the hill out of sight before appearing below him, just away from the Chapel's wooden protecting wall. Around him stood his Belendorian guard, and a group of elite demons assigned by the Demon King himself.

Inspecting the battlefield he looked for weakness in his enemies, and opportunities for his goals. Although the forces of the Horde were attacking to wipe the Paladins out, Belendor had other plans. His note from Gorecleave informed him of an enemy far greater than a mere holy soldier had escaped Stormwind. With conventional methods likely to fail once more, the corrupted Paladin had his eyes set on Blackluster.

**Blackluster**

Gathering around the centre of the camp, Paladins and Priests from all around TrueWoW assembled, separated into there three divisions. Between them they bickered and discussed the coming battle, looking to the skies to see only darkness and grey clouds. Despite their inherent dread, a grip of hope was over them, something they had not felt before willing for them to perform their duty. A clearing had been made in the middle with a slightly raised wooden platform. Merkava and Geoalex carried the podium from the main Chapel room onto it and placed it down. As it thud into place, everyone looked to it to see Justicelight stepping up the brown stairs.

He was dressed in heavy silver armour, the crest of golden wings clearly displayed on the front while sparkling pauldarons covered his shoulders. A great cape was attached to his back, with Geoalex and Merkava stood either side of the podium he took his place behind it. In front of him rows of Paladins stood, their armour creating a great array of light shining in the darkness. A multitude of colours brightened the display symbolising all the different homes the Paladins called from.

“I hope you got one hell of a speech ready” whispered Merkava.

“Let us see” Justicelight told him back, clutching both sides of the podium.

Geoalex then stood forward, “Presenting, his Holiness Justicar Justicelight!” the group went silent as their leader took control.

“Brothers! Sisters! Friends from around the world!” he shouted, “This day marks the dawn of a new age. One where we forge our own destiny. You have all come here, this holy place for one purpose. Hailing from every allegiance we have one true calling. On this day we face darkness. On this day we make our stand. On this day look not to the skies, look not to your friends far away, look only within yourselves. For now we live in a world of darkness, and we will bring the light. For men shall walk where Angels fear to tread.”

Euphoria broke out amongst the army of light as they prepared themselves for battle. Dissipating from the centre the torches were placed along the walls and they looked upon the armies outside their boundaries. Meko begin to walk towards his post on the southern palisade.

“Meko!” shouted Blackluster, “Here, take this. A thank you.”

Walking up to the Paladin, now wearing armour which made him seem bigger, the warrior took out a piece of cloth covering an item. He then handed it to Meko, it became drenched in the rain as he unravelled it. Gasping as his hands touched it, he pushed it back to Blackluster.

“I..I cannot!” he protested.

“No, please. Take it, you deserve it, it deserves someone more...suited. I have no use for it now.” Blackluster insisted.

Reluctantly he then accepted the gift, the horn of the the Arch Angel from Stormwind. He wrapped it back up in its purple cloth and tucked it to his side. Bowing to Blackluster he seemed to say thank you back, but the howling wind covered his voice before he walked to his point. The frightened warrior hoped his friend would not need to use it, but feared the worst as battle loomed.

“Geoalex!” called Justicelight, the weather worsening, “Take the bloodline to the chapel! They will strike soon.”

“At once sir” shouted Geoalex back “Come with me.”

“What? Where are we going?” asked Blackluster.

The powerful paladin grabbed him by the arm and dragged towards the chapel. The ground becoming increasingly marshy as the heavy rain hammered down onto the clearing. Blackluster looked up to see the chapel tower, lightning illuminating it against the dark night sky.

“This is not your fight.” Geoalex told him, “I am to guard you in the chapel. When the battle is full flow, I shall help you leave.”

“I'm sorry what? Leave? Where will I go? I only just arrived! I was told to come here, how can I go anywhere else? You heard Justicelight! There is no one left.” he cried out.

Geoalex then sighed and stopped for a moment, water dripping down his face, “No one told you? Why is my duty to babysit a moron? What did I do to deserve this fate.”

Slightly offended, Blackluster continued, “Babysit? Whatever. How can I leave when I do not know where to go?!”

Looking up to the skies, Geoalex told him, “We cannot protect you. Our forces will be overwhelmed, you must go to see the wise Angel at the ruins of Ahrn Qiraj. He shall guide you down the path you must take.”

“What?!” exclaimed Blackluster again, “Did you not hear your beloved leader? The Angels had left us, we are the light, we can win blah blah”.

Geoalex then laughed in his face, “You are as foolish as Merkava said you were. The demons do not care for us or this place. Look at the bigger picture, they want you. Not us. So we will hold them for as long as we must, while you must run.”

The now sad Stormwind knight looked shocked, “You would give your lives for me? And go where? I don't even know where that is!”

Grabbing his arm once more, Geoalex chuckled, “Perhaps we will, and you will know where to go. Now come! Let us get out of this rain.”

Sprinting forward they reached the chapel, it was dark and gloomy with no lights within it. Geoalex shut the door behind him, the iron screeched over the stone as it slammed shut. The rain patted gently on the roof as lightning clashed down, its light flashing through the stein glass windows.

Suddenly the bellow of drums boomed from every angle, the sound of horns were blown and the ground began to tremble. Blackluster looked up to the Paladin, lightning lit him up showing him turning back round to face him. Their faces both stricken with fear as the sound of the horde and demons drew closer. Outside they heard the shouting of commanders forming their battle lines and the scurrying of feet in the muddy ground. Blackluster sat down on a long wooden bench and faced the cold stone floor. It had begun.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#355 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 25 Oct 2015 13:28

nice!
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Gnurg

#356 » Post by Gnurg » 05 Nov 2015 14:34

Finally caught up with the story again. Was a nice read as always. :)

I am a bit confused now, is it Luster or Crescendo who are the next in Stray's bloodline? :S
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Bluebell
Former Staff

#357 » Post by Bluebell » 05 Nov 2015 14:59

Three bloodlines:

Stray - Blackluster
Bluebell - Crescendo, Wilcox
Discarnate - One of members of Horde council

Bluebell
Former Staff

#358 » Post by Bluebell » 14 Nov 2015 14:25

Long delay, been busy with stuff :<

People in this chapter:
Spoiler:
Justicelight
Diryn
Merkava
Blackluster
Geoalex
Xcalibour
Meko
Belendor
Chapter 23 - The battle of Light's hope chapel
Spoiler:
Chapter 23 – Battle of Light's Hope Chapel

**Merkava**

Silently the Paladin line stood behind the wooden barricades. The makeshift wall blocking their enemy's sight and narrowing their impact in numbers as they lumbered over the walls. The air was heavy as clouds covered the skies and rain poured down. Merkava felt the water drop down his face, dripping along his metal armour. His eyes flickered as the sound of the oncoming troops became louder, every footstep hinting that they were drawing closer as the march stormed forward in the mud.

Thunder and lighting crackled down illuminating the night sky as the army of light stood waiting. Small torches flickered down the northern line, commanded by Justicelight, giving brief glimpses of vision on the starless night. They could hear war chants from beyond the wall and the sound of drums echoing into their ranks. Slowly the marching stopped and they heard the army of the Horde come to a stop, their boots sloshing in the drenched dirt.

Just then only the sound of the elements could be heard. Rain hammering onto the opposing armies like a hail of arrows, wind violently blowing through the ears of every soldier as the thunder crashed throughout the heavens. Their breath grew heavy as fear began to grip the paladins, Merkava looked around him to see the harsh conditions taking their toll on his comrades.

Suddenly a loud cry interrupted the peace before being accompanied by a giant roar. Yelling then erupted as the march began again, now hasted in its stride. Around him Merkava noticed soldiers grabbing their weapons, preparing for the battle to come. Each placed one foot back in support, trembling at the thought of what was to come. Turning around, Merkava saw each flank of the camp was the same. His view was clouded by the setting fog and torrential downpour, yet he could make out lines of silver and gold standing together against the raging forces outside.

“Hold!” commanded Justicelight raising his sword into the air.

The first wave of enemies then climbed over the wall, scrambling through the blockade and down onto the muddy compound. The paladin line was slightly further back from the wall itself, giving the Horde time to fully reach the ground.

“Shield bearers!” shouted the Justicar, “Take your positions!”

As the Horde troops assembled and began their charge, paladins wielding heavy shields pushed forward. Forming a wall of weapons in front of the main force, they stood together and covered themselves. Merkava stood back watching as the rain bounced off their shields. He then noticed that those around him were holding firmly against the protectors in front, causing him to follow suit.

After gathering greater numbers the Horde warriors charged the paladin position fully. Merkava felt them slam into the soldiers in front, forcing his feet to slide back in the mud. Nevertheless he tightened his grip on the front line and dug his feet in.

“Hold!” commanded Justicelight, his sword shining high in the air.

Water dripped down Merkava's armour making it hard to grip, his hands slipping on the chain mail of the soldier to his front, while he could feel the one behind himself falling in the mud. Looking left and right he could see Justicelight's army all around pushing forward with as much strength as they could as the rampant horde slammed into the shield wall.

Yet still Justicelight bellowed orders, “Hold the line!”

Merkava's arms began to buckle as increasingly the Horde troops began to overwhelm the Paladin position. They grunted and jeered as more climbed over the wooden wall, spitting through the shields as their snarling mouths lusted for battle.

“Shield bearers!” announced Justicelight, breaking from his former instructions, “Strike! Strike now!”

Around him the paladins let go of the front line, and Merkava felt himself pulled backwards as they were let go. Raising their shield in unison the heavy shield wielders thrust a longsword into the first wave of Horde soldiers, sending them down into the muddy depths.

“First wave, forward!” yelled Justicelight, causing the front line to take a step forward, trampling over the fallen Horde, “Shields, down!”.

Merkava then took a step forward and grabbed back onto the soldier to his front. They then continued from where they left, he could feel the body of the deceased Horde marauder beneath his feet. Stepping off the corpse caused his foot to sink into the decaying grass, slowly turning into a marsh from the constant battering of nature.

Once more the Horde slammed into the Paladin line and pushed the shield wall back, but it did not buckle. Lightning flashed across the battlefield as screams from the horde grew louder, the paladins simply bit their tongues and pushed back in silence.

“Raise shields and strike!” commanded Justicelight for a second time, causing a repeat attack by the front line of paladins, shortly followed by another “Lower shields!”

Holding back on to the Paladin in front, Merkava could feel his ally had begun to tire. More effort was being put in to keep the front line standing firm as they were pushed further and further back. Driving his feet further into the ground the Alliance Paladin forced forward as the Horde relentlessly pushed on. The strikes seemed no impact on the every growing force.

Justicelight then deviated from the previous tactic, “First line, raise shields!” he shouted once more, “Second line, move forward!”

At his command the shield bearers raise their weapons allowing a wave behind Merkava to move past. Sprinting into battle went heavily armoured paladins wielding two handed axes. While the Horde at pushed into the wall of shields, this new reserve of axe swinging troops were fresh and ready. They pushed through the Horde soldiers, slicing their ranks down as more swarmed the wall.

“Second line, reform!” yelled Justicelight as the rampaging first column began to be pushed back, “Third line, prepare to charge!”

It was then that Justicelight tapped Merkava on the shoulder and nodded. The rain blinded his vision, yet he could see a small smile slide across his friend's face. Merkava knew that this meant it was their turn to charge. He readied his sword, its grip soaking from a night of rain and braced himself for the attack.

**Belendor**

High above the battlefield, the dark Paladin watched the carnage below. From the cliff side he could see the fight unfold. Around him stood a heavily armoured Demon unit, as well as a small company of Horde troops. Despite the rain covering the compound his sight seemed to not be impaired as his eyes darted from flank to flank.

“Where is he Justice?” he asked himself, “Where are you hiding it?”

Grinding his teeth he looked all around, watching Justicelight lead his men into battle to the north, looking down to Diryn battling the Orgrimmar battalion in the west before inspecting his own troops pushing against Meko's line.

The commander of the Demon unit, a knight named Xcalibour then walked up to him, “Shall we send the full force yet, sir?”

“No!” yelled Belendor, “Wait for my command. Send only small forces against the southern border. We need to know where to strike.”

Patiently the group sat and watched. To the surprise of the remaining Horde troops the paladins were holding their own. While the Northern force from Silvermoon seemed to be over the barricade and pushing Justicelight's troops back, the Southern army led by Belendor himself were struggling. Meko's army were making ground and even holding the palisade.

“Where is he? Damn it where!” shouted the angered Belendor, clenching his fist.

“Something I can help with?” asked Xcalibour.

“No! Just keep your men ready for the attack. I need to know where that bloodline is!” instructed the now enraged Paladin.

A long lighting bolt then struck the chapel tower, drawing Belendor's attention to it. Thunder quickly followed echoing throughout the skies and his eyes widened. His breath became heavier and an evil grin crept across his face before he turned to the soldiers at his rear.

“Signal to the troops, push through the Southern wall on the right flank, they are weakest there. Take your men to the chapel, and kill any paladins you find. Anyone else, leave them to me. I will follow you.” he commanded his men.

“At once” bowed Xcalibour, before doing a quick hand gesture.

As Belendor still looked over the battlefield, the men behind him slugged through the mud and down the hill. A flag bearer took to the cliff face and swapped a giant red flag before waving it, its fabric blew back in the wind. As the banner was waved, the reserves of the demon filled southern army surged forward down the right flank, flooding over the wooden wall and engaging fully with Meko's forces.

“Soon.” cackled Belendor, “Soon it will all be over my friends.”

**Merkava**

Sprint forward Merkava blocked an oncoming Horde soldier's attack before swiping through its chest. Quickly another flung their axe towards him as he desperately tried to block. As the overpowering soldier pushed down onto Merkava's blade, another Paladin struck the soldier down. Composing himself, Merkava continued into battle, everything seem to go so fast and frantic as he fought with the never ending supply of horde troops.

As he went to strike another foe, the alliance paladin felt a clunk on his helm, sending him crashing to the ground. He looked around to see himself at the mercy of a horde soldier, who quickly turned away and ran back into the folly. Struggling to his feet Merkava glanced at his friend Justicelight who seemed to take delight in showing his skills in battle.

Ducking through the attacks he dodged blow after blow. One by one or in groups horde soldiers ran at him only to be cut down where they stood. With elegance and ease his blade swept cleanly into their bodies, his technique glided him through the battlefield as he struck his sword through another soldier. Jumping up he retracted his blade and stepped on the falling body, propelling himself into the air where he slammed down onto another. Rising to his feet Merkava then heard another shout by the fearless commander.

“Fall back! First line, take positions!”

Hurriedly the third division retreated behind the shield bearers. Now recuperated and ready to fight once more they took to positions and formed a wall.

“Shields!” shouted Justicelight, pausing for a moment, “Down! Down and hold!”

A loud crash signalled the shield wall was once more set up as the paladins took to their positions. The horde returned to pushing against the heavy blockade as the shields held their ground to prepare for another strike.

Gasping for air, Merkava stood at the back of the column, Justicelight patted him on the back as the ground shuddered from the force of the horde army.

“Quite a battle my old friend!” joked Justicelight, taking a break from his commands.

“You didn't tell me we would be getting wet!” replied the out of breath Merkava, wiping rain from his forehead.

The two laughed as the thunder boomed around them and shouts of war filled the air. As they recovered the Horde pushed on, slowly forcing the Paladin line back. It was then that they heard a horn blown, a horn like no other. They immediately ceased their laughter and looked at each other sternly.

Nervously, Merkava asked “Did you?”

Nodding back Justicelight responded “Yes...Meko....Meko's line is breaking”

Ignoring the fight in front of them the two looked to their rear. Through the rain they could see dark figures pouring through the southern line as paladins rushed to confront them. Crashing into the shield wall behind them, the Horde troops were of no concern and Justicelight's attention quickly switched to a more dire matter.

“The chapel!” he suddenly shouted and placed his hand on his sword once more.

Merkava then looked away from the southern line, wiping the water from his eyes for a better view. All around the chapel, lightning shot down illuminating the stone architecture in the night sky. Focusing his eyes, he noticed shadows swirling around it, crawling up its walls with more making their way to surround it. He then looked back to Justicelight.

“The bloodline...” murmured the Paladin leader.

**Belendor**

After smashing through the southern flank, Belendor took his main force into the heart of the Paladin camp. Leading the way, Xcalibour cut down any resisting stragglers, clearing a way for the dark commander. Confidently Belendor strolled over the bodies of his enemies as the army of light desperately tried to reform.

“Fools.” he whispered, “They lust for battle like any man”.

With the chapel in sight, his ears perked up to hear the screeching sound of the horn of the high Angel. Stopping for a moment and shuddering, he shook it off and continued on his path.

Looking up, he smiled as he saw reinforcements from Diryn's brigade rush to aid, only to be pushed back by the overpowering demon forces. As his army kept the paladins busy he made his way for the chapel.

Once more it blew, causing him to stop and close his eyes. Memories flashed into his mind and he saw a transparent Kapernakiss walking towards him. Instinctively he drew his sword and opened his eyes to see nothing in front of him.

“Sir?” asked Xcalibour, “Sir are you ok?” the demon captain asked once more placing his hand on Belendor's shoulder.

Coming back around, he shrugged the hand off. His eyes then looked around for where the sound came from, before he fixated his eyes on a lone Paladin.

“Go! Go to the chapel. There is something I must deal with.” instructed Belendor.

“At once, sir.” said Xcalibour, before marching on to the chapel with the demon warriors behind.

Belendor then turned his back on the chapel, his sword in his hand as he strolled across the marsh land. His eyes began to glow red as they glared at the lone Paladin, struggling to stand as the wind ferociously blew against him.

“Paladin!” he yelled, “Paladin!” he shouted louder once more.

Meko then turned, his blood stained blade in one hand and horn in the other. His eyes widened in shock at the sight of the dark paladin striding towards him.

“Be..Be..Belendor? Is it you?” he asked, his words stuttering off his lips as rain poured down around them.

“That horn, give me it...Give me it now!” commanded Belendor.

Placing it on his belt, Meko raised his weapon, his feet shaking in the mud. He began to breathe heavily, exhausted from battle and alone his heart raced. Fear took a hold of him as he looked inside Belendor's eyes, their red gleam staring straight back.

“Whatever you are...Whatever you have become. I will fight you...You will not win!” shouted Meko back, as confidently as he could.

Picking up his pace, Belendor jived back, “You? You would fight me? I know who you are...Meko of Elwynn.”

“You...you do?” asked Meko nervously, his hands trembling before tightening back around his sword.

“Oh...Oh yes I do” snarled Belendor, approaching Meko, “The lacky and loyal dog of that fool Justicelight. The Paladin with a smile who failed at being a soldier. I know they tease you, Meko, I know you fear me. Now give me that horn and I may let you run.”

“N..n..no! Get away!” shouted the frightened Paladin, taking a step back.

“Give it to me and run! Run like you always wanted to. Run away from your home, from your family, now run away from me. You always wanted to run now go and do it!” jeered Belendor.

Meko's panting was growing louder, he closed his eyes and said a short prayer, “Roel be with me, Roel guide me, Roel give me might, Roel give me wisdom, Roel give me Sanctuary”

Now almost upon him, Belendor laughed “Do your incantations, see if they help you fool!”

Swinging his sword, the dark Paladin went to strike down Meko. Suddenly, his sword was blocked as Meko's eyes shot open and he defensively swung his sword back. The two swords clanged together and vibrated as Belendor's eyes narrowed, he thrust his blade further down forcing Meko's arms down.

“Why did you blow it? Why did you have to blow that infernal horn!” shouted Belendor, pushing Meko back.

Before the Paladin could readjust himself, Belendor was upon him once more. Ferociously battering his sword from every angle giving Meko no chance for counter attack. Every strike made Meko step back, his feet sliding in the lush mud as he desperately held the increasingly crazed paladin at bay. They then locked swords again, with Belendor's pressing against Meko's as they held upright.

“You are no match for me” snarled Belendor, putting his face near Meko's, “You are nothing to me. My new power will crush you and your pathetic friends!”.

Terrified by the glowing red eyes now taking over Belendor, he took a hand off his sword and swung a fist into his rival's face. Stuttering back, the Horde paladin wiped his face before looking back up. Roaring loudly, he then charged at Meko and tackled him to the ground, punching him brutishly in the face as they lay on the ground.

“You're going to die! You're going to die!” sang the manic paladin as he punched.

He then got to his feet and kicked the sword away before laughing victoriously and walking in a circle.

As the laughter mocked him, Meko got on his knees and crawled away. His hands covered in mud as his knees became layered in dirt and heavy. Knowing he could not win a battle, he turned and got to his feet, reaching for the horn for a third time.

“No!” yelled Belendor, drawing his sword again, “No! Don't do it. Don't you dare”.

Meko then went to place it by his lips, the paladin's legs barely able to stand.

“I am Meko. A paladin. Nothing more, nothing less. A soldier of light. I may die tonight. But I shall die doing my duty. For I am Meko, Paladin of Light's Hope Chapel, Guardian of the light and I will not. Give in. To evil!” he spoke.

“Fool! Look around! You have nothing!”

“I have hope.” replied Meko calmly.

“No! Don't do it. Do not blow that infernal! No!” commanded Belendor raising his sword.

Meko then placed it firmly against his lips. The demonic paladin flung his sword spinning towards him in a vein attempt to stop.

“No!” yelled Belendor, with flashbacks appearing from the sight of the horn.

With the sword spinning towards him, Meko blew the horn for a final third time staring down the sharp blade.

**Blackluster**

Inside the safety of the chapel walls, Blackluster nervously looked around. Lighting flashed around, causing him to jump every time the thunder accompanied it. Sat on a cold stone step with his guard next to him the halls looked big when empty. He then noticed it become more frequent, before catching something in the corner of his eye.

“Did you see that?” he asked.

“See what?” replied Geoalex, fed up with being unable to fight.

“There! There it was again! Outside!”

“Yes, there are bad things outside. Which is why we are here.” sighed the paladin.

“No! It was...something else, on the walls, I saw it. How can it be so close?” worriedly asked the warrior.

As he finished his worries, the sound of scampering could be heard on the roof top. The bell from the tower began to chime as dashes of darkness flew past the windows. Scraping chipped away at the tiles above them as dust fell down from the arch way. Blackluster began to shiver with the air becoming cold. More footsteps pattered above them. Now Geoalex's eyes danced around the room, matching the sound over their heads. The two looked in different directions as their senses became their enemies.

Realising the tension, Geoalex rose to his feet and turned round to face Blackluster, “See that door?” he pointed towards the main hallway, “It's magically sealed by arch priest Testera. Nothing of darkness can get through. It's also bolted down with three of the finest timber planks and steel locks. Nothing can get through” he reassured Blackluster.

“What about the windows?” asked Blackluster, looking up to a dark figure, now perched still on a mosaic window.

“The windows?” asked Geoalex, grabbing his sword and turning to look up.

Suddenly the noises above stopped. No more footsteps or scampering. Nervously they both looked around the room, searching up and down as only the distant sounds of battle filled their ears. Somehow even the loud cries of their friends and battle chants of their enemies seemed to fall silent as they felt alone.

Gulping, Blackluster asked once more, “Yes...The windows. What about them?”

Looking back down to him, Geoalex began to speak before glass smashed and crashed around them. Spinning to see, the paladin raised his sword, before another window splintered.

Blackluster sprung to his feet as dark figures jumped through more windows. Howling after them the wind filed the chapel and sent chills down the two soldiers. They backed away as the figures rose to their feet.

“Stand behind me!” ordered Geoalex.

“What? We need to run!” protested Blackluster.

“Stand behind me! Now!” he yelled once more.

Following instructions, the warrior got behind Geoalex. More figures jumped into the chapel as the first wave made their way to the Paladin. He swung his sword at one sending it jittering back. Blackluster took a few more steps back as the Paladin fought the creatures off. Their eyes shone a vivid purple and they seemed to not take any specific shape, yet they were able to fight with the paladin.

Slicing through one caused it to drop to the ground and dissipate into a liquid, Blackluster watched in horror as Geoalex forced many of them into this liquid form. As they filtered in like ants, Geoalex stood back and raised his sword. It glowed brightly as he did a short prayer that Blackluster could not make out. Just then the window panes lit up golden, and Geoalex lowered his sword.

Watching the windows, Blackluster saw the incoming demons unable to get in, they tapped the shield repeatedly getting annoyed as they resorted to slamming their bodies against it. The warrior began to smile at their failures, before he looked back to Geoalex.

Clearly weakened by his spell, the Paladin was still fighting a number of demons. He quickly swept one aside before striking down another. To Blackluster's horror, one then stuck a claw threw his back causing the paladin too let out a great gasp and pause his motions for a moment. Channeling his breaths, the warrior began to run forward to help his personal guard, causing one of the demons to turn and smile menacingly at him. It hissed as its purple eyes stared at Blackluster.

"No!" screamed Geoalex, "Get back! Get back now!"

Forcing himself up, the injured paladin sliced at the demon facing Blackluster, only for it to effortlessly block the attack.

Without hesitation another demon took advantage, swooping around and pierced his front and another sliced down his chest. As his sword dropped to the floor and clanged against the stone texture, he dropped to his knees. A final demon then peered down to him and screeched loudly, Blackluster watched its mouth open and suck life from the Paladin causing him to drop down to the ground.

Their eyes then looked up to the petrified warrior who quickly grabbed his weapons as they rushed towards him. Circling around, he heard their whispers.

“Bloodline...”

“Blackluster!”

“Soldier?”

“Warrior!”

Spinning frantically he tried to face them as they continued to whisper, he saw their contorted faces were long, with purple lighting up their features. Jagged edges covered their nose and cheeks, their mouths seemed to be narrow and go on without a chin.

“Failure!”

“Failure!”

“Failure!” they began to say

“No! Stop!” screamed Blackluster, going crazy with their whispers.

“Hehehehe” he heard them laugh inside his mind, their voices repeating throughout.

“Bloodline!”

“Family...”

“Failure!” Their whispers echoes around him.

Tears began to fall from his face as they took delight in torturing him. Gripping his shining shield, the blue gems glowed, as one jumped at him he raised it in defence.

Quickly, another leaped from behind and knocked it from his hands, causing more laughter and jeering. With fear taking control Blackluster raised his sword and took hold of it with both hands, swinging violently at the demons as they enclosed on him.

Superstition

#359 » Post by Superstition » 20 Nov 2015 04:43

:D
Superstition (80 Paladin - Alliance)
Mariela (80 Priest - Alliance)
Sylvia (80 Warlock - Horde)

Superstition

#360 » Post by Superstition » 24 Nov 2015 03:22

I'm getting caught up with the entire story right now. This is a very good story. :D Can't wait to get more. :P

-Ivy.
Superstition (80 Paladin - Alliance)
Mariela (80 Priest - Alliance)
Sylvia (80 Warlock - Horde)