How to get started with raids as a guild.

Step in and share ideas and experiences on in-guild and inter-guild relationships.
Protective

How to get started with raids as a guild.

#1 » Post by Protective » 26 May 2011 07:44

Well, this isn't the hardest job to do as a guild master. Only problem is that the calendar in this server is bugged so you won't be able to create any events for that. What I would suggest is either to create a website and make sure everyone will check that website to see upcoming events, or get an addon. This is not needed in highly lvl 80 populated guilds with same raid times and days. It's better to start a guild, not for 80 only, but for a lot of different levels to power up the community in your guild. Also, do NEVER start to raid the hardest raid you can. You are very likely to wipe, which decreases the guild's morality. You should start an easy raid, show the guild proves you are able to raid and will succeed better after a period of time. If you're a guild master who doesn't know anything about raids, you got 2 options. Assign a guild member who is very knowledged about raids to be your guild raidleader, or check things like old.wowhead.com and youtube.com for guides. Be sure you also got a fair loot system (DKP system would be best). If you don't, players may become angry towards you because they didn't get anything and leave. And very obvious, take the right classes and roles with you :D

godatifor

Re: How to get started with raids as a guild.

#2 » Post by godatifor » 31 May 2011 11:02

I build a website for my Guild but they don't care, they wont spend 3 mim to check if there is an event or not.
I do events with my guild and i post on my website, but only few 10% of them go to the website.
About raids, i started with classic raids, i think its the better thing.

Protective

#3 » Post by Protective » 31 May 2011 16:47

Well, that's true, a lot of ppl are ignorant. The best thing to do is make rules, if they don't listen, kick them. You will get on less members but also on real loyal members. Classic raids is okay but people may get little bit bored if you do them too much and search for real raiding guild.

godatifor

#4 » Post by godatifor » 01 Jun 2011 10:13

The rules that i have made was creating ranks according with they presence in the website and forum.
Classic raids its just for who are low lvl and when need do quests there.
But atm i don't have 80's enough for icc or others raids =/
My guild was the 1º on the server PT/BR, i have decided to create just for all players that can speak Portuguese. And atm exists 3 Guilds PT/BR ...Why so many?! I tried to talk to them and join forces, i tough it would be nice for us. One of the guild Joined to us, but they leaved, just because one players disagreed whit one opinion LOL. And now they have created <Brasil> Guild LOL.
Now i don't care for joining forces, now i have loyal members, and don't give me problems.

Spidro

#5 » Post by Spidro » 03 Jun 2011 20:14

The addon we use in Requiem is Group Calendar which is pretty nice for any kind of events.
Problem is ppl dont care much about it and since we have lots of 80s sometimes everyone wants to raid and we need to get 2 groups going or sometimes there's only a few wanting to raid and we need to get pugs
You can't hit what you can't see.

Spidro - LvL80 Orc Rogue
Happymeal - LvL80 Tauren Druid
Cheeseburger - LvL80 Tauren DeathKnight

i'm lovin' it

I will be back.

Protective

#6 » Post by Protective » 03 Jun 2011 22:40

Yeah.., hate it that people don't want to do anything to make it a little easier for the guild masters. No one visits webpages, no one downloads addons, same old story. This is hard to solve, best way to make sure everyone has it is make them get it before they join, but that's kinda too late with a big guild.

Spidro

#7 » Post by Spidro » 04 Jun 2011 20:02

Well.. We were doing good getting everyone that addon cuz we've said that priority goes to the ones that sign up with it. So if ppl wanted to raid they should get the addon
You can't hit what you can't see.

Spidro - LvL80 Orc Rogue
Happymeal - LvL80 Tauren Druid
Cheeseburger - LvL80 Tauren DeathKnight

i'm lovin' it

I will be back.

peacelover

#8 » Post by peacelover » 06 Jun 2011 08:22

well we at organization choosed forum option to post raid events / sing up for them. for now its going awsome imho but still we aim to get more members for 25 man guild runs.

P.S Spidro thx for info about such addon. didn't knew there was such.

godatifor

#9 » Post by godatifor » 07 Jun 2011 12:55

I didn't know about that addons too =)

I will see that works with my guild =)

lRawryl

#10 » Post by lRawryl » 30 Dec 2014 20:39

i seen some guilds use that guild hosting website to schedule raids ,but it takes some work to get everyone on the right page. or you can keep an updated guild message of the day, give them all enough time to plan on being on or not. regular scheduled weekly raids can help bring clan activity together and make it more active. which makes everyone happy.

Teraan

#11 » Post by Teraan » 30 Dec 2014 20:46

That necropost tho, almost 4 years...
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

toamuka
Donor

#12 » Post by toamuka » 03 Mar 2015 17:35

Doesn't ingame calendar work now anyway?

I invited Chasity to one of my raids and he declined...
When people think WoW is supposed to be a balanced game.
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE WG Quest Fix つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
[/url]