Just dissapointed

Step in and share ideas and experiences on in-guild and inter-guild relationships.
Deim

Just dissapointed

#1 » Post by Deim » 20 Dec 2016 14:35

Hello, some of you probably know me
quick CV if some1 doesnt know me
[hide]I'm ex TrueWoW realm player (been there for 4 years before launch of Primal) were officer in Alliance side Devils Own, raider in Ultimatum (when it existed rip) and social member in Ascension (much love Jira :*)
Than on Primal in early days member of FFK (which merged to Murmur) than part of Ministry/Crimson, left after that unfortunate BWL release with Crimson just to come back few months after in search of new home on Primal. Later on have been bouncing between Vanilla Knights and Murmur due to my friends moving back and forth.[/hide]

Explanation for non VK members or the ones that were absent recently
[hide]Ad rem. Recently as few people on Primal are aware there was a "drama" inside Vanilla Knights. Since I was away from my pc and any kind of internet connection I had no clue what was going on when I logged on to see 3 of my friends kicked from guild. Initialy I tried to talk to everyone and understand what happened during my absence. Decided I won't pick any sides of conflict that occured until I fully understand the issue.

It turned out there was some disagreement on PVP zones on wbosses. Some ppl crying about it, (Sulik even left server because of it), my friends defending the idea (Raelyo, Gala and Relarr) and pointing out that recent events (wipe) were due to mistakes done by guildmembers. I would post that to show what exactly was going on but I have no acces to VK slack.
However the main issue is how guild management solved the issue. They kicked all three of them. From what I've been told the decision was made only by Juve who was gm at that moment and Felicity (ex-gm).
I can understand that Raelyo is straight forward and he only speaks in public when there is and issue to solve / criticize. He aint a person that would praise ppl (altho I remeber speaking to him privately and hearing that "that naxx run was smooth and great , best raid so far")[/hide]

Main issue
After the removal of Raelyo, Gala and Relarr. I've been torn a bit, never realy had any personal issues with guild menagment of VK before. Long story short me, Sinner and Dominique left VK in act of solidarity with our friends.
I can understand there was much tension in VK, I understand ppl don't have to like everyone on the server, but the amount of hate from the people I can say atleast liked is overhelming.

[Rant mode on]
HELLO JUVE AND WATER u can kick my alts from guild but we still have friends inside. No idea how you know it's me or Raelyo. I assume there was GM that helped and checked account info cuz Raelyo's character was brand new. (Yes, I know GMs play undercover along with players, Juve even confirmed there is at least one in VK) After we joined to see if you guys will shittalk us behind our back. Yes I know whats going on VK forums even when you removed me from it.
Hey everyone :slightly_smiling_face:
I'd like to explain my views regarding the recent events;When Murmur-EU disbanded we welcomed them to our guild. Initially most of them were on trial periods where we watched if they could behave. Some of them couldn't but we tried to find solutions and compromises where possible. Unfortunately not all of them wanted to join us, but rather kept on trying to change us. This conflict resulted in a couple of them, and a few of ours, to create a sanctuary for themselves. This is what I believe created the first cracks in what now is a huge abyss. Instead of working as a unity we were separate entities coexisting constantly stepping on each others shoes. Instead of being glad a guild member got a huge upgrade we heard complaints that he didn't deserve it and that it would have been way better on this other guy. Instead of gaining more bodies for our raids we ultimately lost some old ones to the abyss.A short anecdote: When Catacus and Tidesrus left the guild Relarr's first reaction was, "Welp, there goes our progression". Ultimately I think counting bodies seemed more valuable than actually taking a step back and realizing who you want to spend your evenings with. Now I can tell you for a fact that such an attitude isn't one I'm particularly inclined to work with, but I tried... A lot, and I undoubtedly fell in the trap of trying to please everybody whilst actually pleasing nobody. In retrospect (shitstains) I think we never should have taken them in the first place or at least kicked them earlier - but the incident this weekend was the drop that spilled the cup for me I guess.Now what does this mean for moving forward? As some of you may already have seen I passed guild master master back to Felicity. Raiding will most likely be kept to a minimum over Christmas and we'll see what happens in the new year. I'm moving out in January so I'm uncertain how much time I will be able to dedicate towards raiding, but I think I need and deserve a break anyways. On a positive note - there's now a lot less people in the guild that I dislike, and everybody can generally get a long pretty well. The scourge invasion is over and TBC is just around the corner! I'd like to thank everyone for bearing over with me in the good and the badSee you in the next year!
-Juve
:heart:
  • Yes, I've been criticizing how LC was working there along with others
  • Yes, I suggested changes to it, bah I even suggested changes to tacts in naxx once.
  • The suggested changes were nowhere near anything radical , we didn't ask you to use dkp instead of Lc or something like that
  • All we tried to do is to make people actualy farm goddamn pBiS that was neglected by majority, and convince LC to give gear to players that will bring the most benefit to the guild so we can progress.
  • Yes, few players stopped raiding most probably due to your incompetence Juve, or some real life reasons.
  • Maybe you didn't notice but we werent even usualy starting discussion about gear when it concerned ourselves.
Yes, I was aware that some people are at best mediocre players like you Juve, I never had issue with it.
I'm not the best druid around PrimalWoW either or anything like that. The skills werent my concern as long as it sufficed to raid. I bashed only on lack of effort.

Please show me any player that quite guild before the drama because of either me or my friends?

It realy saddens me that you try to blame one of us for what happened to the guild.

Also that whisper after I quite "I expected more of you." I expected you having more dignity Juve. Lets be honest you failed at leading guild. It was once great, I still remember the hype when VK killed Raggy for first time, I still remember how VK was a role model to every new player that joined Primal. What now ? Bunch of hatefull people in managment who cannot get over their anthypaties.
"On a positive note - there's now a lot less people in the guild that I dislike"
Yeah loss of of over 6 core raiders team was surely worth your good mood.

Do I have to link what Delatrice posted on VK forums also ? About your censorship, about how ppl are deluded that LC has anything to say if you decide to give some1 item ? Quite probably you already censored or removed that.
I didn't mind those things when they werent affecting me directly however I cannot tolerate brainwashing and spreading lies about us.

I can post how Water removed my and raelyos alts while there was no way he knew it was us by any normal means. Sadly i dont have screenshotshowing him saying "It's Deim" after kicking my alt x)

Those who know me, should be aware that I fucking hate dramas and don't get triggered easily so that's all for now
[Rant mode off]

I'm kinda sorry that I had to post it on Truewow forums which is full of hate and nagging recently due to that Inquistion posts but I wanted to be heard and have no other place to reach certain people and make sure to keep it civilized.
Last edited by Deim on 20 Dec 2016 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Just dissapointed

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 20 Dec 2016 15:12

I'm so glad you brought this to our attention.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Deim

#3 » Post by Deim » 20 Dec 2016 15:23

Delatrice's post on VK forumz, sorry I'm posting it without asking you but I'm fucking triggered for last plenty hours
[hide]"After long and thorough consideration I have concluded to resign from my officer role and leave the guild. In the beginning, I intended to just write a short farewell note but the more I recalled past events the angrier I got and the more it turned into a long rant. So, if you dislike the vast accumulation of written words just skip to the last paragraphs.

The bottom up problem

Over the last eight to ten weeks I developed a feeling of misery whenever it was about time to log for our raids due to the endless drama and haggling. Most of these issues could have been avoided with more common sense as well as being less aggressive towards each other and being less hypersensitive. Some of these advents might be due to the harder and more challenging end game raid content and the heavily packed raid schedule on the one hand side and on the other hand side being due to the recruitment of some people with the wrong guild fit. Sure, this is a very small server and one cannot be too picky with one’s choices of personnel (and the guilds as well), however some minimum level of quality in regard of player competence on a gaming as well on a social level should be upkept.

The top down problems

A) My biggest issue are decisions that are highly impactful, made by a few, however sold as “made by us all”: First a personal disclaimer: I do not like Raelyo as a person. I find him hard to stomach, awfully hyperbole and do not consider him a good fit for any guild I am in. However, lots of what he said had some valid points. The recent drama involving Raelyo, Gala, and Relarr was in my opinion utterly retarded by all involved parties. It should have had consequences but a guild kick should have been decided by a majority of the officer staff. I spent the last two days figuring out who said what exactly and who actually decided about their fate in the end (yeah, funny, right? I am an officer and I got no clue). So far, all I got is that Juve and Feli made that decision on the last Saturday. So, the current GM and the retired GM. The rest has to suck it up and just go with it. I think I have been patient enough over the last months and consider it time to stop the mindless nodding.

B) Freedom of speech and censorship: We should all phrase our critique in a polite way. Fine. But that frequent editing and deleting of comments and posts by a select few triggers me to no end. Nobody decides for me what I am allowed to say, to write or to read without my consent. And all that editing and deleting of past comments makes it impossible to know and to prove what certain people really said.

C) Absurd communication habits: People constantly communicate with a select few and then complain that they are not getting heard by the majority. They inform specific officers who then quite often inform the rest of the officer team after an (usually negative) event took place. Makes me rather feel like a historian watching events in retrospect.

D) To this day I have not really figured out how much of a say fellow officers have on decisions concerning the guild. Our website says LC ranked people are basically EK who vote on loot. So, this implies no binding say. Fine by me, at least it is defined beforehand. Rank of Captain. Websites lists lots of administrative duties but states no executive rights concerning guild decisions. General is not even mentioned. Past behaviour indicates that the GM has the last say in all matters no matter how many disagree with that. I consider that to be stupid. Especially if so much administrative work is sourced to these other officers. Why would somebody agree to this? Well, they do not know of it in the beginning and have to find out over time. Might be a reason why we have had such an officer drain and why so many rumbled something about “not being listened to” which eventually got twisted to “power grabbing” once they left.

E) Arbitrary behaviour of top management: A few weeks ago, Edellis was a general, now she is a captain. No reason stated. Does it really matter? No, but it is a personal vilification.

F) Constant interference with the raid leader. Really annoying and off-putting, and in most cases, it did not even add value.

G) Completely nonsensical behaviour: The “You cannot raid in this channel!” incident: I guess one had to be present to be able to imagine this facepalm level: we were gathering to do world bosses and joining TS one after another. We just used the channel in which already some people were present and that was in this particular case the Gopnik channel. We were all joking around and having a fun time, and eventually Juve dropped in saying “you can’t raid in here” and left again to the raiding channel. We all had a good laugh asking “why the hell not” and stayed in the channel. After a while Juve moved us all one by one into the upper raid channel. Mooba decided to play rebellious kid too and Mooba ping ponged for a while back and forth between channels. Ew. Utterly retarded behaviour from both sides to which it should not even have come in the first place. And in the end the stated reason for why we could not use the aforementioned channel was and here I quote word by word: “Because…ew…eeww…just because….”. The good mood was ruined and we mindlessly slew the dragon and logged off. Outstanding. I rate this story at least a facepalm squared.

Fun fact: our guild tabard is a perfect example for all of this: So many have uttered their desire for a different one, some even submitted nice designs on the forum and yet we still have this ugly piece of shit. It perfectly symbolizes that our opinion does not matter and rubs our noses into the fact who got the last say here every time we log into the game.

Most of these issues appear to me inherently structural with the employed staff. They have been tackled before by people (many have become distant memory by now) without much success. I don’t see a point in trying again (and I am also too lazy). I had hoped that we would somehow last till TBC and then go our separate ways but due to the massive fallout of last weekend I think that this ship is in need of a very long repair time and I am not willing to constantly fix what others break. I just want to do raid progression, have fun while doing so and laugh about totally inappropriate and offensive jokes. Thus, I wish you guys all the best and thank you for a mostly very pleasant time. I will definitely miss many of you.

Best regards and good luck,

Dela

BTW I got most core raiders’ email addresses from the forum, so if you would like to have a pdf version of this due to possible censorship you can just whisper or mail me in game."[/hide]
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

kronic

#4 » Post by kronic » 20 Dec 2016 16:23

Wow what a shit move by someone I thought was a mature and intelligent individual. You're so mad at Juve you can't even control yourself, going behind the lines to post other people's goodbye posts without asking permission for what? Are you trying to get an apology or something? Juve has quit so stop chasing vindication.

You asked in your 1st post if anybody quit before those 3 got kicked, yes actually I had quit the game along with 2 others who left the guild. This is what triggered Juve to kick your BFFs and then totally lose control.

You obviously aren't informed enough because I have been brought back and I'm now GM doing my best to reform the community and obviously your post doesn't help me do that. Unfortunately even though I support all your arguments about how things were run, and Juve is a big part of why I decided to call it quits last week, I can't extend a hand of sympathy because this shitposting here is just disgusting and really disappoints me.

As I'm in charge of VK now and its future, I have set about creating a totally new officer team where people can feel represented and solve some of the fundamental issues VK had over the past few months. You were on my list of people to bring into a leadership position because of the chats we have had in the past on Slack, I felt like you would be a valuable asset. But you left the day before I got invited back to the game and now you're burning bridges but I'm sure you don't care about that.

Shame it had to end this way, wish you luck in the future and I hope you can say the same to me.
Mods should lock this topic as they have done for all rude topics aimed at hurting another player directly.

mmedve14

#5 » Post by mmedve14 » 20 Dec 2016 16:32

Mods shouldn't lock topic as important as this one to inform other players why VK is such an awful guild. It's easy to be delusional and convince a small community of your delusions, this is where he came to be heard.

EDIT: Also worth noting that one of them quit cuz of Juves and Yours bad leadership. :P
Last edited by Guest on 20 Dec 2016 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Deim

#6 » Post by Deim » 20 Dec 2016 16:43

Dear Kronic,
I can feel hate flowing through you. I was aware that you quit before the kicking started. I'm also aware that you are GM now and I agree with Reka that you may fix the guild. And I have always had respect for you since you were one of few in guild that were open to discussion and actualy listened to others.
My so called shit posting is just the thing Elarim didint i brought issue away from reach of potential censorship.
However, it's the previous management that I'm talking about . Also my friends got kicked and it's obvious that they are welcome no more (even if you would assure otherwise its obvious many ppl hated them) and since as you called my BFFs got kicked and I'm always in guild with them, I'm not going back. I value friends over guilds. Sorry. And good luck with managing vk.

EDIT:
I know what u sent to Buck, don't call me salty one or about the mails after wboss wipe to certain murmur memember
Last edited by Deim on 20 Dec 2016 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired

Rayen

#7 » Post by Rayen » 20 Dec 2016 16:50

Kronik making a fool out of himself in public once again. If you cant see this post as constructive critisism and clarficiation of whats been going on, and instead you see it as personal attack(as usual), then your post is what you called a "shit move", Deim explained everything as humane as possible without trying to attack anyone and your response is a straight up insult towards him. For sure his post is not helping your "new leadership" but im pretty sure your post did way more damage than his, classic move.

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 20 Dec 2016 17:17

i don't even have to be active in order to be informed!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Sahtraslolx
Donor

#9 » Post by Sahtraslolx » 20 Dec 2016 17:49

I wasn't planning on writing anything on this thread. I think it's not necessary to discuss these things in public, however since my name was brought up I feel like I need to check in.

First of all, I am aware some people in VK hates me and the reason for that is pretty obvious. I was the one who started criticising core people for their constant underperforming and lack of effort put in their characters and their gear. I agree it could have been said in a not so straight-forward fashion, but I'm not that kind of person, which I apologise for.

Secondly, I'm aware most of those people were (and probably still are) not used to be criticised and simply don't care about it, while they rather put the weight on other people's shoulders and get happily carried. Obviously poor LC decisions added to that (if you really want, we can start bringing the specific instances and see what's the public opinion on that, however I don't think its necessary and will be just as embarrassing as discussing all of this in public). And of course, the final nail - Azuregos. Where you (Kronik) kept embarrassing the guild by constantly blaming everyone and everything else (people from other guild, FFA flagging system in world boss zones) but refused to look at the things that were done wrong from our side. And when your behaviour and actions were questioned you just told us to shut up.

Finally, you can talk all you want how you or your predecessor quit because of us, but we all know how many decent people quit the guild because of you guys, and yes, that number is significant.

Peace, Rael

flosr1
Donor

#10 » Post by flosr1 » 20 Dec 2016 19:29

Juve, Felicity, Waterplz. You made me the happiest guy the last few days.

Why? because you were destroyoing your own guild with your childish, arrogant powerhungry behavior full of lies, censorship, bullying people out that have another opinion, corruption of loot council?
no, not because you were destroying your own guild. i feel sorry for the members/raiders.

but because now everyone knows that everything i foretold became reality and everything i said was the truth. must feel bad right? first laughing at me and seeing your little world full of lies falling apart.

greets Elarim

oooooooooolde
Donor

#11 » Post by oooooooooolde » 20 Dec 2016 19:33

Hey everyone - former guild leader of VK, Juve, checking in here

Now firstly, I don't think it's right for you to post threads from our private forum onto Primal's public forum. It's clearly a malicious attempt trying to hurt VK and Kronik, but I guess Deim can somehow justify this for himself. Secondly I wanna try and explain a few things below.

So where do I start this thing off? Let's start off by explaining my reason for kicking Gala, Relarr and Raelyo. Ultimately their behavior has always been problematic and has led multiple members of our guild quit. Now Deim asked for some specific cases of this - Catacus stepped down from progression raiding, Blunto got fed up with the drama, and Hamsterwheel almost completely stopped raiding. Some of this may have been due to my incompetence of resolving our issues - but alot of it falls down to your groups general behavior and your ignorance towards treating others in a respectful manner.

What initially sparked me off to kick them was a discussion started by Kronik on our chat program.
[hide]Image[/hide]
Gala wasn't the only one involved in that chat as later on Relarr, Sinner, Raelyo and Meladath got involved in the chat and I decided to tell them all, this: [hide]Image[/hide]
I asked them to keep it clean - but they refused and therefore got kicked. They've always had valid points behind what they tried to say but their way of communicating it led to this. It's a clear violation of our guild rules and was majorly overstepping their boundaries of how you talk and act towards an officer, not just to say fellow players.

Regarding Deim, Dom and Sinner leaving -I don't blame them for leaving - that wasn't why I was disappointed in Deim. This is:
[hide][23:28] [G] [Deim]: Alas there was a guild drama
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: Tho' we all could fortell
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: and i got cloak over mamma
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: So I can bid you now farwell
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: You'll find me petting Ilamas
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: While I raid Naxxramas
[23:28] Deim has left the guild.
[23:28] [P] [Thorson]: bm
[23:28] Sinner has left the guild.[/hide]
They've been long term friends over the past year, but the way Deim left wasn't right in my eyes.

As for censoring stuff: The only censorship I've done has been in #raids-announcement - A channel meant STRICTLY for ... you've guessed it - raid announcements. Oh and that one time where Rael and Dela got into an argument over Delatrice passing a +4 sp upgrade to an alt, where I forwarded them both to use direct messages instead. I've tried to keep things very open and asked people multiple times to stay after raid if they wanted to talk about something.

Having perfect loot distribution doesn't make a guild great. Having everybody fully enchanted and geared doesn't either. Giving each other space and breathing room allows for a much better environment than the one you tried pushing towards. If you think otherwise, I dare you to go make your own guild, but deep down I think you know it won't work. Keep dreaming in your perfect ideology.

In the end: I'm glad VK and I no longer have to suffer through various forms of hitler-memes, bigotry and "dark humor". To be honest, I think you're very ungrateful towards the people trying their hardest to make this server a better place to be. It's not me who has a long history of crashing guilds behind me - oh well I guess we have that in common now. RIP - Crimson, Murmur EU and VK's progression raiding. You all have a lot of great perks but ultimately your constant need for nagging and drama is your greatest downfall. Atleast Raelyo knows where he doesn't shine but I doubt anyone else (except Dom) from your group knows their own flaws.

I don't think you know how much effort I've put into this server making it what it is - so I guess you won't know what you've lost. Be happy about that. That's what I'm gonna say on this.

I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year

-Juve

Rayen

#12 » Post by Rayen » 20 Dec 2016 20:02

Too bad you wont mention the people who left because of terrible management, also thorwing in screenshots from private convos is pretty low, not like they hurt me in any form, but its ill-mannered at least. And saying that we have a long history of "crashing guilds" is pretty sad, Ash did the same thing you are trying to do right now, which is blame everyone else for all sort of problems. I guess long chain of people leaving the guild after being fed up with your stubbornness and as Elerim got it right powerhungry behaviour was not enough to open your eyes. You turned down all kinds of suggestions people brought up to improve the guild with explanation that things worked that way for over a year now, and treated said suggestions as personal attacks on your "playground".

Deim

#13 » Post by Deim » 20 Dec 2016 20:31

Dear Juve,
What I meant by incompetence was the fact that not everyone is suited to lead guild. I wouldn't be great gm either which is absolutely true. So don't take that THAT personal i just stated obvious.

As I see you picked up the issue of Crimson, yes my guild left the server. Yes ofc we were salty about how things were develeoped (raids ZG initialy was terribly bugged, thanks to joint work of testers and devs it's not, same went for BWL release). Ashlexia and majority of our core left to test one of tbc servers and after big dissapointment and some internal issues (mostly lack of interest) they moved to vanilla realm. So I wouldn't use that as an argument for guild crashing. I would like to just clarify that. Ministry downfal and rename whas compaltely different and it actualy was a huge drama. There officers rebeled lead by Vast and forced Shadowmourne aka Goldeneyedog to give up the lead. I cannot speak about murmur eu since i was away from server back than.
I caan agree with you that we were partialy responsible for reacent drama which was result of acumulation of different factors, like lack of players caused by incoming christmass time and real life things and so on. Also two oposing ideas among players if the guild should be more social or raiding one.
Our issue is that since we started raiding naxx which is endcontent, such raids require dedication, much effort both from regular players and officers, leaders and so on.
Also it requires proper gear since it's not cakewalk MC. Intrestingly first runs were realy succesfull and without raid or guild drama...

Our "nagging" which was basicly, critique of LC decisions or behaviour and attitude of others. The idea of carrying complately ungeared ppl through content makes me wanna slit my wrist cause
A) it makes everything harder
B) people don't show any effort after getting geared = they underperform later

Concering my goodbye poem I'm surprised you couldn't handle little joke I thought u like poetry guessing fromi
amount Feli was posting x)

Edit:
Also Dela offered to send that part to any1 wishes. Yes I posted it without his consent but I hope he don't mind that.
About the part you wrote well I just got realy triggered when I saw that, and had to use something I could refer to.

About Kronik I wish him and VK all the best, just after what happened I can't be member of that community any more my place is with my friends.
Last edited by Deim on 20 Dec 2016 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired

Brennus

#14 » Post by Brennus » 20 Dec 2016 20:34

oooooooooolde wrote: [23:28] [G] [Deim]: Alas there was a guild drama
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: Tho' we all could fortell
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: and i got cloak over mamma
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: So I can bid you now farwell
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: You'll find me petting Ilamas
[23:28] [G] [Deim]: While I raid Naxxramas
[23:28] Deim has left the guild.
That was awesome!!!
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Krex1992

#15 » Post by Krex1992 » 20 Dec 2016 20:51

u mad bro?
Last edited by Krex1992 on 20 Dec 2016 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Keo Nelf/Tauren Druid