Theblomb

Re: [PW] The scepter of the shifting sands

#31 » Post by Theblomb » 04 May 2016 19:19

Bump agreed :)

Flooded
Former Staff

#32 » Post by Flooded » 05 May 2016 15:47

silverius wrote:If there is a 10 hr limit after the first person bangs the gong than it would be ideal to disable http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:Bang_a_Gong! until AQ40. Also, I'd like to thank the devs very much for enabling and scripting these quests! :)
Roel wrote:

Roel
Founder

#33 » Post by Roel » 05 May 2016 17:28

My part was only enabling the disabled quests for the 1.9.0 patch. I don't know if anyone did anything about the Bang a Gong quest but that quest is not available in 3.3.5 and we didn't have the War Effort, the gates are already opened.

oooooooooolde
Donor

#34 » Post by oooooooooolde » 05 May 2016 17:41

Do something with AQ40 then ^^ <3 Cheers

.koljo

#35 » Post by .koljo » 05 May 2016 17:42

I can see how Bang a gong doesnt exist in the game in wotlk and I offer simple solution from top of my head. Quest Treasure of the Timeless One is in game and offers 4 epic items as reward. Adding mount and title to that quest reward would solve the problem and you can simply remove those 2 rewards after AQ40 launches. If someone has different solution feel free to discuss.

Theblomb

#36 » Post by Theblomb » 05 May 2016 23:20

We could have it as a quest reward for completing the chain yeah, or we could have a server event some time before the opening of AQ40 where the players who complete the questline are rewarded with the mount and title?

Fárlight

#37 » Post by Fárlight » 06 May 2016 11:05

Well I think they just give the title to who did the full questline and put the mount on C'thun low drop rate because there will be alot of new players want that mount too and they joined late to get it if they want the mount and title too
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

chillywalyl

#38 » Post by chillywalyl » 06 May 2016 14:38

.koljo wrote:I can see how Bang a gong doesnt exist in the game in wotlk and I offer simple solution from top of my head. Quest Treasure of the Timeless One is in game and offers 4 epic items as reward. Adding mount and title to that quest reward would solve the problem and you can simply remove those 2 rewards after AQ40 launches. If someone has different solution feel free to discuss.
I second this. Simple solution :tick:

silverius

#39 » Post by silverius » 08 May 2016 16:58

Maybe a custom made quest with the same text from http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:Bang_a_Gong!:

"The Scarab Gong looms ominously before you. Steel yourself, <name>; for once the Scarab Gong is rung, the gates of Ahn'Qiraj will be opened.

From the slackened maw of the beast can only come chaos and destruction. Defend your people! "

Along with the world announce:

" <name>, Champion of the Bronze Dragonflight has rung the Scarab Gong. The ancient gates of Ahn'Qiraj open, revealing the horrors of a forgotten war...
Massive Qiraji resonating crystals break through the earthen crust of Kalimdor. Colossal creatures made of obsidian stone breach the freshly broken land...
Colossus of Zora casts its massive shadow upon the whole of Silithus.
Colossus of Ashi breaks free of its cocoon beneath Hive'Ashi.
Colossus of Regal hears the call to battle and rises to serve its master.
General Rajaxx yells: Soon you will know the price of your meddling, mortals... The master is nearly whole... And when he rises, your world will cease. "

And maybe throw in a horde of AQ mobs that spawn at the gate upon banging the gong/starting the quest as a makeshift Opening event :P It totally isn't blizzlike, but at least its something rather than nothing.

kronic

#40 » Post by kronic » 09 May 2016 00:12

Ready and waiting

silverius

#41 » Post by silverius » 09 May 2016 23:34

chillywalyl wrote:
.koljo wrote:I can see how Bang a gong doesnt exist in the game in wotlk and I offer simple solution from top of my head. Quest Treasure of the Timeless One is in game and offers 4 epic items as reward. Adding mount and title to that quest reward would solve the problem and you can simply remove those 2 rewards after AQ40 launches. If someone has different solution feel free to discuss.
I second this. Simple solution :tick:

Gnurg

#42 » Post by Gnurg » 10 May 2016 00:27

Just manually add mount and title to the players who have completed the quest Treasure of the Timeless One once AQ40 opens?

Better than changing quest reward as someone might have already completed it.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Theblomb

#43 » Post by Theblomb » 10 May 2016 09:00

Any news from the staff about these rewards becoming obtainable?

kronic

#44 » Post by kronic » 10 May 2016 14:41

Gnurg wrote:Just manually add mount and title to the players who have completed the quest Treasure of the Timeless One once AQ40 opens?

Players who completed the chain by AQ40 release could message a GM to get title and mount assigned to them?

Gnurg

#45 » Post by Gnurg » 10 May 2016 22:41

kronic wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Just manually add mount and title to the players who have completed the quest Treasure of the Timeless One once AQ40 opens?

Players who completed the chain by AQ40 release could message a GM to get title and mount assigned to them?
Or just run a quick SQL query to retrieve all players who completed it upon release of AQ40.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE