NEW FURIOUS/LOW GEAR ARENA BRACKET

Should we have a new arena bracket?

Yes. Make it furious/season 6 and the rewards are the same as the regular bracket
51%
Yes. Make it furious/season 6 but the rewards are not WF gear. Its only limited to epic mounts etc.
12%
No. Because this won't motivate players to try arena again.
37%

Total votes: 43

Shaharan

NEW FURIOUS/LOW GEAR ARENA BRACKET

#1 » Post by Shaharan » 02 Jul 2016 00:08

Hey guys. I would like to post this suggestion just to see what you guys think. As the title says, its for implementing a new bracket of 2v2 arena with Furious Gear and max ilvl 232 gear and the rewards would be the same as the regular 2v2 bracket.

This is the suggestion from my original post on the other thread:

"- A new bracket of arena called "Furious 2v2/Season 6" where players are only allowed to queue equipped with a gear limit of i232 (including PvP and PvE items upto a gear limit of i232).
- This bracket has the same reward system as the regular 2v2 bracket, rewarding wrathful gear, so that the people who seem to be disadvantaged as a result of Shadowmourne currently (I can imagine caster comps) have a shot at gearing up and eventually challenging them in the regular 2v2 bracket.
- In addition to the regular rewards, the "Furious" bracket gives additional rewards such as tabards, epic mounts, Furious weapons etc in order to make it more lucrative.
- This bracket may also have 2 flushes instead of 1 (As boxis said in an earlier post an additional flush on sunday) so that it is faster to gear up.

As obvious as it may seem by now, the regular 2v2 bracket remains and absolutely NOTHING is removed from players who had previously earned the WF gear. The suggestion is simply for adding a new bracket that would be its own separate thing without affecting the regular bracket or any of its rewards. This ensures that the system is fair to those who have earned the WF gear, but also gives new players a chance at earning the gear without having to face these overgeared teams."

Please take the time to vote and comment with feedback
Last edited by Shaharan on 02 Jul 2016 00:43, edited 2 times in total.

Regent
Tester

Re: NEW FURIOUS/LOW GEAR ARENA BRACKET

#2 » Post by Regent » 02 Jul 2016 00:22

I see no harm in this. The benefits of a "starter" bracket are quite obvious.
However, unless I'm mistaken, the implementation would be quite complicated from a developer's point of view (probably overwrite the 5v5 bracket with this one in order to implement it, I think).
If they see it as worth the effort, then it'd help a lot.

About the flushes, I believe additional flushes should be system-wide, at least 2 per week for both the normal and the furious bracket. Anything that helps players gather arena points to buy better gear faster should be a step in the right direction to motivate people to do more than 10 games per week (and thus give other teams who need 10 games) some opponents to fight. The alternative is to stick to the current 1 flush per week and let people do 10 games in 1-2 days and then not do anything the rest of the week (which is how it is now).
We have a flush on Wednesday mornings at the moment (I believe). Add one to Monday mornings as well for those who like to do arena on the weekends. At least that's my own take on it. The scheduling is up to the staff to decide if they agree to this.

+1
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Wilcox

#3 » Post by Wilcox » 02 Jul 2016 00:43

trashaharan's suggestion is amazing, i would surely play arenas on my other toons if this was implemented

Bionic

#4 » Post by Bionic » 02 Jul 2016 00:57

Is it possible to make it like AT solo q instead of 5v5 bracket and limit that one to ilvl 232?

Shaharan

#5 » Post by Shaharan » 02 Jul 2016 01:03

Yes Bionic. That's exactly what I was picturing in my head. The only issue is that it might be hard for devs to implement it but at least the overall feedback Im getting so far is extremely positive. So lets hope for the best.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Jul 2016 01:16

Wouldn't this kinda split the activity though? Like, in the end, neither would have matches after all?

Wilcox

#7 » Post by Wilcox » 02 Jul 2016 01:20

Nyeriah wrote:Wouldn't this kinda split the activity though? Like, in the end, neither would have matches after all?
some activity > no activity

Shaharan

#8 » Post by Shaharan » 02 Jul 2016 01:21

Well the idea is that every player can play on any number of brackets they choose to (regular 2v2 only, furious 2v2 only, or both). Just think of it as being like the 3v3 bracket. Players can do both 2v2 and 3v3 without having to compromise games in the other bracket. So no, it shouldnt split activity. It should actually increase activity on both the regular and furious brackets if anything if it goes as planned. =)

Bionic

#9 » Post by Bionic » 02 Jul 2016 01:57

In furious bracket low geared might actually get rating and buy wrathful but that depends on how you make the system work.

nikkal
Donor

#10 » Post by nikkal » 02 Jul 2016 08:17

Is it possible to make it like AT solo q instead of 5v5 bracket and limit that one to ilvl 232?
huge +1, i'd love solo q, and i believe there would be a lot more ppl in solo q than there is in 2v2 now.

Boxis
Donor

#11 » Post by Boxis » 02 Jul 2016 09:27

Honestly, I don't think separating 2v2 bracket is a good idea. Imo, you will end up with even less activity, because people will be lazy to get 232 pve gear, and since noone is forcing them to queue that particular bracket, they won't do it.

On top of that, I don't think this would be easy to implement as well. We should rather just stick to one bracket and try to change that one.

shaun03

#12 » Post by shaun03 » 02 Jul 2016 11:06

But there's a chance that this stimulates people to begin participating in arenas. At the moment, it doesn't seem like there's much activity at all.

I am sure you'd rather try to improve on the current pvp scene, than watch it rescind into non-existence...

I like the idea, I still don't think it will solve the problem completely, but it's an innovative idea. However if a version of this is implemented, I still think all the achievements, titles, mounts, etc should still only be possible to obtain in the regular bracket.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Thejumper007

#13 » Post by Thejumper007 » 02 Jul 2016 11:41

The things are easy...the pvp is so dead in this server...so make it funny at least.I would suggest free wf gear for everyone,cause this is the only way pvp will be alive again.Only that can work ,unless if u want to be in top 5 teams with que vs ur friends or to have 10 arena games max/day.

Thejumper007

#14 » Post by Thejumper007 » 02 Jul 2016 12:14

And i wanted to tell that is not personal Shaha that about friend's que.I think u deserve to be in top5 arena teams cause u have lost from the start of season 20/24 hrs per day to go there.

benzviliran

#15 » Post by benzviliran » 02 Jul 2016 12:45

Thejumper007 wrote:The things are easy...the pvp is so dead in this server...so make it funny at least.I would suggest free wf gear for everyone,cause this is the only way pvp will be alive again.Only that can work ,unless if u want to be in top 5 teams with que vs ur friends or to have 10 arena games max/day.

are you a clown?
I am the swarm