[REJECTED] "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

Flooded
Former Staff

Re: "Partial" Arena season resets problems and possible solutions

#91 » Post by Flooded » 29 Dec 2016 07:44

I'm telling you right now that if you or someone else put a tournament or similar community based event, I would personally support it and do what I could to advertise, promote, and provide prizes for a PvP tournament/league.

If you are interested in something like this, send me a PM with your format, rules, etc. and I can pitch it to the server staff. When I've gotten that from you and feedback from other staff I can go over things like prizes and etc publicly.

My inbox is always open to your or others for this kind of thing.

skyx

#92 » Post by skyx » 29 Dec 2016 10:48

Flooded wrote:I'm telling you right now that if you or someone else put a tournament or similar community based event, I would personally support it and do what I could to advertise, promote, and provide prizes for a PvP tournament/league.

If you are interested in something like this, send me a PM with your format, rules, etc. and I can pitch it to the server staff. When I've gotten that from you and feedback from other staff I can go over things like prizes and etc publicly.

My inbox is always open to your or others for this kind of thing.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36541

WEll, this was my original suggestion regarding a PvP tournament.

I requested feedback and suggestions but the lack of response from the community was alarming so I did what I usually do: ending the thread by going off topic lol.

Flooded
Former Staff

#93 » Post by Flooded » 29 Dec 2016 12:57

skyx wrote:Leaving the trash talking and e-thugging aside...

Lets (as a community) try organise a 3v3 tournament shall we?

I was thinking
  • Format:Melee - Caster - Healer
Reason: some combos (LSD/LSP for example) are insanely OP.
Not sure what hunters should be considered as (probably melee).
  • Meta: Relentless Gear (max ilvl 245) with a ban on Death's Verdict/Choice, Solace and any other OP trinket
Reason: PvP should be about skill and not gear. Also setting the gear to around ilvl 245 would make it easy for new players to join.
  • Prizes: 1000g buy-in per person, 1st/2nd/3rd split the pot 60:30:10
Reason: Just a suggestion.

Any other suggestion is welcome.
Remove the composition requirements, let the meta decide itself. This is a smaller pool of players and therefore a different metagame than you experienced in retail. The compositions you listen might not even be played.

Flesh out the list of items which are banned from the tournament. I need a detailed listing.

Server can cover prize support.

Ideally we can run this quarterly, for both PrimalWoW and TrueWoW with streaming coverage. I can write mock up post internally and get staff feedback before we make this a public event.

skyx

#94 » Post by skyx » 31 Dec 2016 02:06

If this idea is to go ahead then we need more suggestions from TW's "retired" PvP players too and more involvement from the community.
Flooded wrote: Remove the composition requirements, let the meta decide itself
Agreed (for now). It is best to actually host a successful event in the first place. Other restrictions can come in future events if needed.

Speaking of a successful event, the barrier of entry should be minimalised so the maximum gear restrictions should be season 7-like without adding too many old items back into the game i.e.

Max ilvl 251 for main pieces (Head, Shoulder, Chest, Hands, Legs)
max ilvl 245 for everything else

Reason: For a long while on AnoTher server, they restricted main pieces to ilvl 270 and the rest to ilvl 264 and it seems "fair".

Some key differences from season 7 being:
ilvl 251 Titanforged shoulder ALLOWED
ilvl 245 Death's Choice/Verdict, ilvl245 Solace of the Fallen (and maybe Reign of the Unliving) BANNED
FoS HC/PoS HC/HoR HC gear and trinkets ALLOWED

Reason: Normal Death's Choice and Solace are still BiS for Season 8 human Shadowpriests, Frost Mages, Rogues, UH Death Knight's, Retribution Paladins, etc when allowed on AnoTher server (when 2x solace or 2x DV/DC was allowed there)

Also

ilvl 226 Medallion of the alliance/horde needs to be re-added (preferably for a small cost/free/vote shop even)

http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=42124
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=42126

PS:
Relina wrote:So basically since TrueWow never had an arena season 7, the only players who may have experienced it come from either transfers/mergers with other servers.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... on#p172999

Flooded, you must pitch the idea, season 7 pvp is the best since it is the only WOTLK season where PvE gear didn't totally ruin arenas AND cloth casters finally had access to pvp offparts with haste gear.

skyx

#95 » Post by skyx » 03 Jan 2017 02:11

Flooded wrote:
Ideally we can run this quarterly, for both PrimalWoW and TrueWoW with streaming coverage. I can write mock up post internally and get staff feedback before we make this a public event.
While you are at it, you could also try organise PvE tournaments too.

[youtube]IwTjUnhuHes[/youtube]

not exactly un-blizzlike either and TW can showoff working scripts!
Last edited by skyx on 03 Jan 2017 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

Flooded
Former Staff

#96 » Post by Flooded » 03 Jan 2017 02:22

Yes, I'm already thinking about a heroic "Speed run" competition to correlate with the TBC release.

skyx

#97 » Post by skyx » 09 Jan 2017 12:04

Flooded wrote:Yes, I'm already thinking about a heroic "Speed run" competition to correlate with the TBC release.
Any news? Or did you just give me lip service?

Flooded
Former Staff

#98 » Post by Flooded » 09 Jan 2017 13:58

It's in works, still working out minor details internally. Personally have been busier than expected post holidays, but the tournament is high priority for me.

Justicelight
Donor

#99 » Post by Justicelight » 09 Jan 2017 14:27

This is great, is it possible to know when will this be put into game? 1 month, 2 months?
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

ribbaribbahey

#100 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 10 Jan 2017 14:56

Y'all don't fucking get the point, do you.
Not to ridicule your idea, but what does an unofficial tournament within a dead server, accessible only to the people who regularly visit the forum, solve?

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

skyx

#101 » Post by skyx » 10 Jan 2017 15:20

ribbaribbahey wrote:Y'all don't fucking get the point, do you.
Not to ridicule your idea, but what does an unofficial tournament within a dead server, accessible only to the people who regularly visit the forum, solve?
it is better than nothing.

Fastor

#102 » Post by Fastor » 10 Jan 2017 15:23

ribbaribbahey wrote:Y'all don't fucking get the point, do you.
Give up, most people did, l did.

ribbaribbahey

#103 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 10 Jan 2017 18:10

Fastor wrote: Give up, most people did, l did.
Never.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Longi

#104 » Post by Longi » 10 Jan 2017 18:28

Arena Tournament is awesome event ( You can take special places for it, Big mashrooms in Zangarmash, Frozen Throne, Flying Rocks in Nagrad ... lol dont remember all those place, but there were like 6-7 places where you can do that + needed add objects for Los ) anyway ... its hard to organize it and rly it doesnt matter what is server population. Teams will sign up and not only from This server. With good promotion ( trailer, a little talk on right websites, reward - but keep in mind there wont be only people from tw ) you will get enough people / teams :) but its not only about create ladder and spectators view, stream and so on ... you have to fix PVP bugs firsttly or you will have same combos only :D and thats not fun if there will be only warrior / palas team ( you know that shit )

ribbaribbahey

#105 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 10 Jan 2017 18:33

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide