Changing server to PvP/PvE once TBC hits

fico94

Changing server to PvP/PvE once TBC hits

#1 » Post by fico94 » 01 Nov 2016 11:41

I know there will always be people crying about getting ganked while leveling, but making this server pvp/pve will attract alot more people, especially when tbc hits. Tbc had amazing world pvp on release, one of a kind so it would be shame not to do this. You're gonna get ganked few times while leveling sure, but it's just until you hit lvl 70 then you are free from any kind of pvp. You got dungeon finder to avoid any PvP while summoning players to dungeons etc. With this kind of quality server, it would be shame not implement pvp, I know alot of people who just dont play here because its just PvE server, because they will have nothing to do except afk in shattarth/dalanar while waiting for IDs to reset.

Sure you can enable pvp, but if you have any sort of brain you would know it doesnt solve anything.

Deim

Re: Changing server to PvP/PvE once TBC hits

#2 » Post by Deim » 01 Nov 2016 13:09

1st I guess that should go to suggestions section.
2nd Isn't it a bit too early for discussion? TBC won't come any soon.
3rd Uhm well since pvp is gonna get a bit more balanced in TBC, why not. OL ain't gonna be overcrowded if our pop is gonna stay sth around current one so I don't mind.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

KohiiKaiju

#3 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 01 Nov 2016 15:13

Moved to Suggestions subforum. this suggestion has been raised numerous times but this has a bit of a wrinkle so I wont close it. In the past this sugggestion has become heated, so I will say now that personal attacks are not tolerated. Fight nice, boys.

VanillaPVE

#4 » Post by VanillaPVE » 01 Nov 2016 23:10

-1 I play here because it is PVE. Keep it as such.

fico94

#5 » Post by fico94 » 02 Nov 2016 01:06

You need to realize, if you enable pvp more people would come and PvE players will benefit from this too, more people would just come to play PvE too because server has better population, doesnt matter if its pvp or pve population. Big turnoff mostly is online numbers for alot of players, because server quality is really high.

NoblestHeart
Donor

#6 » Post by NoblestHeart » 02 Nov 2016 01:42

fico94 wrote:You need to realize, if you enable pvp more people would come and PvE players will benefit from this too, more people would just come to play PvE too because server has better population, doesnt matter if its pvp or pve population. Big turnoff mostly is online numbers for alot of players, because server quality is really high.
I recall this was once argued before but for a different reason. You're missing out on the point that a lot of players have invested time into Primal solely because it's "PvE" if it was changed to "PvP" I would assume many players would feel upset at this decision and at the moment the primal server is still cross faction for guilds and raiding.

Edit: Reason maybe different but I think many of the points would be more or less the same.

This was discussed once before when a small amount of the Nost community was checking out the server after Nost's shutdown.

Here: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34478
Last edited by NoblestHeart on 02 Nov 2016 05:47, edited 5 times in total.

Glonz

#7 » Post by Glonz » 02 Nov 2016 01:58

wonderful meme my friend, i give you many blessings

fico94

#8 » Post by fico94 » 02 Nov 2016 10:42

NoblestHeart wrote: I recall this was once argued before but for a different reason. You're missing out on the point that a lot of players have invested time into Primal solely because it's "PvE" if it was changed to "PvP" I would assume many players would feel upset at this decision and at the moment the primal server is still cross faction for guilds and raiding.

Edit: Reason maybe different but I think many of the points would be more or less the same.

This was discussed once before when a small amount of the Nost community was checking out the server after Nost's shutdown.

Here: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34478
From what I saw there, roel said that if population would go over 500+ daily then he would enable pvp without much thinking. Currently population is 250 at best, and it's not growning much, considering server quality is really good, the reason why people arent joining must be something else. It could be they are waiting for new expaisons sure, but I would hate it if the reason was factions being together, and non existance Wpvp, or pvp at all because it would be shame for this server to settle with just 250-300population.

PvP players also love to do PvE(there are tons of PvE items worth to use in PvP, people who enjoy PvP = larger PvE community too), they just wanna do something in between and with current state, having nothing to do in between feels like server potencial isnt used to fullest.

People who are so stubborn with server being only pve, have no idea how little would affect them if server changed to PvP, it would affect you while leveling and that's it. I bet there will be people with 150-300HKs at the end of the wotlk expansions, who played since Vanilla, because apart from leveling, you can choose not to PvP at all.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#9 » Post by MerelyASetback » 02 Nov 2016 12:05

PvE purists will need the server to remain PvE for raidlogging and Shattrath afking when TBC hits :^))))

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 02 Nov 2016 12:14

As I've said before in posts like this:
A PVE server gives the player the choice of when to PVP. You say PVP players also do PVE. Well, PVE players also do PVP.

People don't PVP much here because the rewards are not comparable to PVE gear, even for PVP, unless you are in the top 5% of PVPers or so. Once TBC comes out and PVP gear is more useful, you will see more PVP without needing to make the server a PVP one. Not to mention, Hellfire peninsula is complete madhouse on fresh TBC PVP servers and then by 70 theres no world PVP again due to flying mounts aside from the sadist griefers ganking levelers.

Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

fico94

#11 » Post by fico94 » 02 Nov 2016 18:46

Fitzpatrick wrote:As I've said before in posts like this:
A PVE server gives the player the choice of when to PVP. You say PVP players also do PVE. Well, PVE players also do PVP.

People don't PVP much here because the rewards are not comparable to PVE gear, even for PVP, unless you are in the top 5% of PVPers or so. Once TBC comes out and PVP gear is more useful, you will see more PVP without needing to make the server a PVP one. Not to mention, Hellfire peninsula is complete madhouse on fresh TBC PVP servers and then by 70 theres no world PVP again due to flying mounts aside from the sadist griefers ganking levelers.

I dont know where you played, but PvP gear is crap in PvE, so I really doubt people would even bother to play PvP, not because its not fun, but because server itself killed it.

Hellfire is supposed to be madhouse first days, its how it should be on tbc release. World pvp didnt exist later on retail too due to mounts, but first month it will be active and its an experience. And if new people join it would last even longer.

So you're agaisnt this just because it will be harder to level(which lasts for few days). Apart from that you didnt mention anything else worth replying.

PvE players once they hit 70 will raid/dungeons daily, doesnt matter if its PvP or PvE server because apart from leveling it doesnt affect them(grow somoe balls you're not playing Sims) but PvP will be nonexistant like this and so will population

I posted my suggestion and population will speak for itself. I just hope it wont go to shit because PvE players will vote "No" because they will have harder time leveling, and that's not a reason to throw away any chance of creating great server that everyone can enjoy.