Make your name and zone invisible in status page

quest008

Make your name and zone invisible in status page

#1 » Post by quest008 » 28 Nov 2016 02:30

Add a feature where you can toggle your account to be listed semi-anonymously on the status page's player list. Maybe this can be added in Account manager.

The point of this website feature is to mitigate spam and add some privacy for those who want it.

See image:

Sometimes when I played here I would get some spammy private messages from people I've never heard of or seen before, and it would get in my e-mail inbox as notifications, mostly from Stanleyei who's probably banned by now.

What this invisibility feature would do, if toggled on, is display your name as Anonymous, not link to your armory, and display your zone as N/A.

Eronox
MVP

Re: Make your name and zone invisible in status page

#2 » Post by Eronox » 28 Nov 2016 07:18

Still can't see why it would be benefital.
Are you even aware that other players can't see Your list? Zone is not displayed in the Armory.
http://www.truewow.org/armory/character ... ox&realm=t

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Roel
Founder

Re: Make your name and zone invisible in status page

#3 » Post by Roel » 28 Nov 2016 09:14

The who list in game can still be used when you're online and unlike the webpage, that one is not delayed. Then your character name can easily be used to find you in the armory.

Also there is no way for others to know which characters are linked to which forum account unless you tell them. Spam should be reported, as far as I am aware there hasn't been any through private messages lately.