[Accepted] Reverting LoS changes

To revert LoS changes in battlegrounds. Yes or no ?

Yes (no casting through obstacles)
71%
No (we want to cast through obstacles)
29%

Total votes: 66

Glader

Re: Reverting LoS changes

#31 » Post by Glader » 23 Jan 2017 14:27

Gnurg wrote:
Glader wrote:
Would feeding in ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_NONE instead of ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_M2 in the changed functions in Spell.cpp make it like before?
If you ignore M2 you end up pathing around objects. That wasn't how it was before and not how it was on retail. Ignoring none means that the raycast that occurs, which is obviously linear, will include M2s when computing whether or not the target is in LoS. Essentially it's like a linear pathfinding check but really it's just a ray cast from the chest, probably, to the other object.

If you use ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_NONE for Charge you should end up with behaviour that will not allow charging around objects, which is how it was on retail, and if you use ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_M2 it will ignore M2s in the check meaning so long as a valid path can me made, linear or not, you can charge around things. I cannot stress enough how this isn't blizzlike and can lead to crazy insane charging behavior, especially if the resulting path isn't checked for distance. I can't recall if it is.

Edit: Previously behavior technically was ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_NONE.
40box Multiboxing Stream - https://www.twitch.tv/poe_hellokitty

Gnurg

#32 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Jan 2017 15:02

Glader wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
Glader wrote:
Would feeding in ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_NONE instead of ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_M2 in the changed functions in Spell.cpp make it like before?
If you ignore M2 you end up pathing around objects. That wasn't how it was before and not how it was on retail. Ignoring none means that the raycast that occurs, which is obviously linear, will include M2s when computing whether or not the target is in LoS. Essentially it's like a linear pathfinding check but really it's just a ray cast from the chest, probably, to the other object.

If you use ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_NONE for Charge you should end up with behaviour that will not allow charging around objects, which is how it was on retail, and if you use ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_M2 it will ignore M2s in the check meaning so long as a valid path can me made, linear or not, you can charge around things. I cannot stress enough how this isn't blizzlike and can lead to crazy insane charging behavior, especially if the resulting path isn't checked for distance. I can't recall if it is.

Yep, tried it locally. It's possible to disable it for battlegrounds: m_caster->GetMap()->IsBattleground() and feed it IGNORE_NONE for that case. Or we could have a config for it, so you can have it enabled on PrimalWoW, while the players at TrueWoW can have it like before.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

night

#33 » Post by night » 23 Jan 2017 18:24

Gnurg wrote: What about enabling this per realm? Quite certain most against this come from TrueWoW as PrimalWoW doesn't have PvP.

Not because it isn't wanted. Mostly because Vanilla pvp is still vanilla pvp. LK client or not, it is a shit show about raid gear and not much fun. Most are waiting for BC for some more balance.

Eronox
MVP

#34 » Post by Eronox » 23 Jan 2017 18:34

night wrote:
Gnurg wrote: What about enabling this per realm? Quite certain most against this come from TrueWoW as PrimalWoW doesn't have PvP.

Not because it isn't wanted
I want it :tick:
Quite annoying indeed

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gnurg

#35 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Jan 2017 18:56

I do see four options:
  • Keep at as it is.
  • Have it disabled for Battlegrounds (main problem).
  • Have it disabled for TrueWoW only (considering the main drive for this comes from a player on PrimalWoW, and that TrueWoW players have played for a long time with the old system, which from what I know they prefer.).
  • Have it reverted for both realms.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Eronox
MVP

#36 » Post by Eronox » 23 Jan 2017 18:59

Op.4 :tick: Casual PvP'er, mostly for achivements, though :P

Summon power, vote ASAP!
milanlord wrote:..
tenebro wrote:...
loveable wrote:..
floss wrote:..
devil5000 wrote:..

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

milanlord

#37 » Post by milanlord » 23 Jan 2017 19:40

Ah, tbh I don't have opinion on this matter, I'm up and against it in the same time. I would accept what majority wants in this case. Because with los from pillars its easier to kite indeed and you can't get ganked by rdps. But without los, you can heal through pillars, which is sometimes really handy, especially since many people in bg aren't aware where is the healer and tend to los them all the time and then blame healers for not getting healed :)

I'm honored that you marked me to give opinion and would be rude if I ignored it, even though I didn't want to give opinion on this matter :)
Last edited by milanlord on 23 Jan 2017 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Floss

#38 » Post by Floss » 23 Jan 2017 21:01

Yes x1000

majstorfanta

#39 » Post by majstorfanta » 23 Jan 2017 21:31

Well pw had it for year and a half like that and also it was blocking LoS on rebirth if I got right infos so they had it like that for same number of years as TW. I would not distinugish one from another.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

loveable

#40 » Post by loveable » 23 Jan 2017 21:42

No ,
u can cast through midle of map objects , u cant cast Through rooms( berserk and regen)
So what is problem ?
Its fine Like this , if u revert it , u'll help only healers to make em more unkillable by kitting
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Glader

#41 » Post by Glader » 24 Jan 2017 00:56

Gnurg wrote:
Glader wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Would feeding in ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_NONE instead of ObjectIgnoreFlags::IGNORE_M2 in the changed functions in Spell.cpp make it like before?

Yep, tried it locally. It's possible to disable it for battlegrounds: m_caster->GetMap()->IsBattleground() and feed it IGNORE_NONE for that case. Or we could have a config for it, so you can have it enabled on PrimalWoW, while the players at TrueWoW can have it like before.
Why do you push so hard for faulty mechanics that don't align with how 3.3.5 actually worked?

Edit: This is something that would have been fixed in 2012 with this https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... b79deffe48 and you guys wouldn't even be complaining about the change because it'd have been here from the start. The only reason it got reverted in 2012 was because it broke pet pathing and such.
40box Multiboxing Stream - https://www.twitch.tv/poe_hellokitty

masteve

#42 » Post by masteve » 25 Jan 2017 05:43

Basing this poll on popular opinion like this is obv going to come up with a mele bias as there is a mele bais on the server!.

Was it liek this in retail? Yes? Keep it as it is, No? Change it back.. u cannot argue with making the game how it is ment to be played chose the right way, Not the way of crying mele.

majstorfanta

#43 » Post by majstorfanta » 25 Jan 2017 15:46

Right, you would be surprised how many ranged dislike this. I actually play elemental shaman on PW and destruction warlock on TW :) and here I am posting this poll, go figure.
Also I think most noes here came from TW. Since on PW meele is at great disadvantage in this wotlk client vanilla meta even without casting through objects and its not fun playing against meele because they cant touch you and sooner than later they leave bg. Unlike TW where meele is in the better spot and can survive for more than a few sec.
To put it in a perspective, imagine enhancement shaman without shamanistic rage and stoneclaw shield and thats how all meele is on primal, except for warrs wall every x minutes.
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Floss

#44 » Post by Floss » 25 Jan 2017 16:52

Apply this already, It's cancerous.

Nyeriah

#45 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Jan 2017 16:52

People are too used to having it broken. I wouldn't have this as so black and white as Gnurg purposes (I don't actually like any of the 4 options). Calling GetMap() on every cast is quite expensive btw. No idea if that's a good idea, we had problems with constant GetMap() calls before, but maybe I got what you meant with it wrong.

Rejuv said something about adding flags to these objects specifically and then rextracting maps, I think that's probably the best. For now though we'd probably revert it until we find a solution. It'll come back once we update to the latest TrinityCore anyway.