wow.exe not opening

Xeph

wow.exe not opening

#1 » Post by Xeph » 20 Jan 2017 02:18

so im using win10 on my laptop and i was given the truewow client by my friend who invited me to play irl. i copied the files into my local disk and proceeded to open the WOW.exe file and wait...for 30 minutes before i checked the running tasks to not find wow.exe running.i ran as administrator the second time around while having the task manager open to have a better view of what was happening. even while running as administrator, the process only stays for around 55-60 seconds before dissappearing from the list. i re-installed my drivers and also made sure i had all the necessary .NET files installed...still no avail. it would be the best thing in the world for me right now if someone could help me with this

Ancestor

Re: wow.exe not opening

#2 » Post by Ancestor » 20 Jan 2017 02:27

u could try right click on wow.exe and check properties there, maybe some extra script there for resolution or look around there, or look u firewall disable it or add wow.exe to allowed list, if not helping then i dont know, u need fresh copy of new wow, download from torrent.

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jan 2017 06:38

Annoying huh? :(

Try run on a different bit. Ie if you got x64, move on to x32. To do so, right click the WoW.exe application and go to 'Properties -> 'Compatibility' and check the box under privilege level.

That is very common when it comes to Win10 run issues.

Another thing you might consider is to DL the files from TW as it'd gurantee all files without corruption.
http://truewow.org/download

It's 6:36 am here, so only a brief response for now :D
If you should find issue, or my suggestions wouldn't work, hit me up and I Shall Return!

Best of luck 'til then :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Xeph

#4 » Post by Xeph » 20 Jan 2017 16:37

FIXED:

so after an entire day of mucking about
i found the problem
1)access settings were screwed up
2)windows defender is an asshole

so i changed registry settings to completely disable both of them, removed all WoW files on my laptop and then re-copied the files
and voila

thanks to the community :)

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 20 Jan 2017 16:40

Xeph wrote: 2)windows defender is an asshole
I bet my whole beer that this wasn't the issue at all, but nevertheless good job! ^_^

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Jan 2017 00:47

Something is wrong with your client, it's triggering our Warden anti-cheat and it's disconnecting you every so often. It could also be caused by the presence of malware in your computer.

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 01 Feb 2017 12:24

Resolved.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in