.st command

ratamir

.st command

#1 » Post by ratamir » 29 Sep 2012 15:22

im not sure if there are any other topics about this, but ill give it a shot.

what the BLOODY hell was wrong with .ST command? i was told the command is not available to players.... give me at least 2 good reasons for that........ we FINALLY GOT A FULL AV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what happened? all the graves capped, we cant res and 8 spirits runing from the top of the map of AV to the buttom, so what the hell was wrong with it?????????? its a pain in the ass to get a full AV and i had to friggin leave the bg cause i couldnt res and other 7 ppl behind me. its not blizzlike? its not blizzlike to stay as spirit while all the graveyards are capped

Ragnorak
Donor

Re: .st command

#2 » Post by Ragnorak » 29 Sep 2012 15:25

.st can be easily abused to gain unfair advantages in certain situations, thats the only reason i can think of for why it got banned, but i dont know the real answer since im just a player lol
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 29 Sep 2012 15:45

It was proposed that .ST get removed because some were abusing it as a teleport. However i was unaware that it actually got removed....

Please post calmly...
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

ratamir

#4 » Post by ratamir » 29 Sep 2012 15:52

well sry, my first post was all with fucks and blames, then i edited it, try to run all the map and still not be able to res, ill see calmness in ur eyes

anyways, if it was proposed to remove it then i propose to get it back cause i dont think ive seen someone abuse it and now that it is removed the whole bg suffers while only several idiots abuse it and can be banned. the only abuse i can imagine is that they use it in combat but .st only teleports u to gy or in case of abuse somewhere else maybe, but if that happens u dont loose anything, he was a pussy and ran away but try to do a bg specially ab, every second someone caps a base and its annoying to run in spirit form. while u could be useful..... i bet the one who proposed that doesnt play bgs at all or at least not much...
Last edited by ratamir on 29 Sep 2012 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 29 Sep 2012 15:59

Trinity actually changed the command to .Unstuck however they also changed the function of the command making it possible to cast on other players as far as I am aware. Normal players shouldn't be able to teleport others...

ratamir

#6 » Post by ratamir » 29 Sep 2012 16:05

Roel wrote:Trinity actually changed the command to .Unstuck however they also changed the function of the command making it possible to cast on other players as far as I am aware. Normal players shouldn't be able to teleport others...
u mean they "fixed" it so a player cant teleport someone else? in that case can we consider problem solved and get .unstuck or w/e back?

Intervention
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Intervention » 29 Sep 2012 16:37

Wouldn't that mean enabling .unstuck would grant teleport rights to other players? Or have i understood it wrong?
try to run all the map and still not be able to res, ill see calmness in ur eyes
I've had to do this many times until Kindzadza told me that .st ports you to the BG graveyard. Still is no excuse to rage on the forums for something you now know was not us.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Bluebell
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Bluebell » 29 Sep 2012 17:05

I fail to see the point of release your spirit in World PvP when you can just type .st and teleport to the GY.

If this isn't abuse, I don't know what is. It meant entire raids could be safe, rebuff and have no penalty for dying in enemy city.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Kindzadza » 29 Sep 2012 17:38

I only found this command usefull in battlegrounds,since you should be automatically teleported to your faction's nearest graveyard when you die.However there were times that this wasn't done correctly so you had a choice of running to your body and wait 2 minutes or to the nearest graveyard to resurrect your spirit.If this happened to more of 4-5 people ,your faction will have a big disadvantage for those 2 minutes.

I see no abuse in that,but any other form of usage other than battlegrounds yea ,pretty much abuse.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Bluebell » 29 Sep 2012 19:20

You could use it in world situations to teleport when dead to the GY and res there without Res Sickness. This pretty much negated the effect of res sickness.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 29 Sep 2012 19:43

Well I have never actually tried using it except in the battlegrounds,but I pretty much get what you mean.

Uhm,maybe add the command available only when you're in a battleground? If that is possible of course. :)

Doctor_J
Developer

#12 » Post by Doctor_J » 29 Sep 2012 21:04

No don't think possible without modifying core you cant set conditions on command, and the the only setting in command itself is security which is basically what level gm can use that command in that table.