New Arena Season

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Danielkerr

Re: New Arena Season

#31 » Post by Danielkerr » 20 Apr 2014 20:51

2v2 doesn't need any motivation. Titles should only go for 3v3 and 5v5 in my opinion.
I agree you already get so much from 2's without almost any effort, around 100 games with any comp almost guarantee's at least a few pieces of wf, unless your that lucky asshole in voa

But i do like the idea of giving out older pvp titles in 2's and only wf titles in 3's to make getting wf titles harder to get and hopefully increase 3v3 ques and teams.

And people with there 3's titles should be encouraged to call the people with 2's titles nabs and hassle them for not knowing how to play there class.
The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

chaseyourdream

#32 » Post by chaseyourdream » 21 Apr 2014 01:59

Well look at the 2s statistic and 3s, you will see that even without titles for top 2s teams like you want, It is still alive and people keep queueing. So i think that it will be unfair if r1 team in 2s gets title which is available ONLY from 3s. Also i think that if you give titles to 2s, 3s will die - why people have to do 3s when they can get titles from 2s. If you will be 4/5 or 5/5 WF geared who will care ( there are a lot of options for New shoulders) also who will want better pvP weapons when LK25hc is ''opened''. So if you want PvP titles start doing Battlegrounds or 3s/5s. There will always people for 2s.
-Chase

Psychotic

#33 » Post by Psychotic » 21 Apr 2014 02:04

Or just add titles for top 5 or top 10 for 2s or smth D:

chaseyourdream

#34 » Post by chaseyourdream » 21 Apr 2014 02:08

Giving titles to 2s will be so bad about low geared players who are going to start doing 2s. What i mean 4/5 geared players will keep doing 2s - farming low geared etc instead of focusing on 3s for the last 5th piece from the puzzle :D.
-Chase

Iniyam

#35 » Post by Iniyam » 21 Apr 2014 02:11

Boxis wrote: r1,2 - rival
others - challenger
I think it would be okay to give something like this, since 3v3 wasn't active that much in this season, but to announce that next season there will be no 2v2 titles / mounts rewarded, just for 3v3. Maybe that way players will attend it more.
Cheating is bad. Using an item to cheat is bad. Regardless of how said item was obtained, use of said item is bad. Bad people will be banned.
Iniyam                                      Inimin

keez
Donor

#36 » Post by keez » 21 Apr 2014 02:29

There is no reason anyone should think that 3v3 is more important than 2v2. Infact, on our server 2v2 is more important since there are so many active teams unlike 3v3 where there is not even 10 of active teams.
2v2 is not meant for gearing up, if you want to gear up do 5s and make it rain arena points.

Psychotic

#37 » Post by Psychotic » 21 Apr 2014 04:27

chaseyourdream wrote:Giving titles to 2s will be so bad about low geared players who are going to start doing 2s. What i mean 4/5 geared players will keep doing 2s - farming low geared etc instead of focusing on 3s for the last 5th piece from the puzzle :D.
As if it isnt happening already -.-

And idk, but try to motivate 3s a bit more somehow, im honestly more for 3s than for 2s, but atm its really inactive and i got no idea how to change that sadly and i doubt that anyone has ideas how to do it.

Kajel

#38 » Post by Kajel » 21 Apr 2014 07:29

Yeah because giving out ANY from 2s is blizzlike.... Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the server? Any half brained person can play a comp and get 2200 in 2v2 and call themself "skilled" but the fact of the matter is that 2v2 takes little to no skill to play. 3v3 obviously takes more effort and skill to be good at mainly because you have to work together to score a kill.

You cant just tunnel one person and expect to win but if you think that's true well then you are probably mentally retarded.

Basically we will always have people who say "give titles only from 3 s" but those are the people who never even tried playing 3s

I've played 3s and I still believe that only glad titles should be given from that bracket only. Someone came with this same suggestion last season reset and it got denied (prolly was you)....you think you gonna have any luck this time again?
#MyWorld
#JustinBieber
#Dudewitwings

Roel
Founder

#39 » Post by Roel » 21 Apr 2014 12:08

I personally also disagree with 2v2 titles because it's not blizzlike and 2v2 doesn't need more motivation. 3v3 needs motivation and is also more balanced.

If the majority agrees with 2v2 titles (which doesn't seem to be the case in this topic), then it still shouldn't happen this season but it would be something for next season. Rules should be known from the start and not changed at the end of the season: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9475

marko1984

#40 » Post by marko1984 » 21 Apr 2014 13:18

pretty much everything explained nicely ^
Three mages!

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#41 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Apr 2014 13:48

And one more thing. We announced that the new season will start on 1st next month, but it may start a day earlier right after the next flush, unless you guys want to play one more day. This is of course for those who are viable for titles. If there won't be any changes in those ~20 hours, I guess we can start earlier.

Psychotic

#42 » Post by Psychotic » 21 Apr 2014 14:08

Kajel wrote:Yeah because giving out ANY from 2s is blizzlike.... Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the server?

Yeah, few titles would totally ruin our server. It would give us aids too.

Teraan

#43 » Post by Teraan » 21 Apr 2014 14:25

Psychotic wrote:
Kajel wrote:Yeah because giving out ANY from 2s is blizzlike.... Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the server?

Yeah, few titles would totally ruin our server. It would give us aids too.

^rofl, ok this is gold:3
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

jastericiak

#44 » Post by jastericiak » 21 Apr 2014 15:02

I am curious bout why i even give me my opinion about this matter since i dont give a damn about who recieves title for what. But guess its because ppl here condtradict their statements with one another and it drives me nuts :D . You say ppl will be more motivated if titles will be rewarded only in 3v3 and 5v5 bracket. You even linked topic wheres clearly explained titles would be distributed that way in current arena season. So i guess majority of players knew about it. Yet havent seen any motivation from players to play these brackets.Theres like 20 active teams in 3v3 and iam not even talking about 5v5.Not sure if i have ever seen some 5v5 anoucement while i was playing. Now what makes u think ppl will be more motivated to play 3v3 under same conditions like in last season? I dont think that gonna happen. More then about titles ppl care about actual gameplay (speaking for myself). Its easier to get matches in 2v2 cause obviously its easier to get 4 ppl to play at the same time then 6 or 10 ppl. Then some ppl came here and said things like "2v2 is for nabs so they dont deserve anything.Only 3v3 is they way how to prove you are skilled thus only from there you deserve some reward! " While that might be true and 2v2 isnt nothing more then just picking up some faceroll combo and get to 2k in one day still competition there is way more tough there. Fight for top 5 is tense there. To get even into top 50 require at least 100 matches under condition your win ratio is rly good. Now ppl who spent months to get into that position in 2v2 deserve nothing and ppl will be rewared with titles from 5v5 basically for 2 weeks of playing? Blizzlike as it is its just not fair. Almost getting into same point as on GC where in one season ppl received furious or relentless gladiator title (not sure now) for playing 5v5 one day before arena season end.For like few more then 20 matches.They met the blizzlike criteria.Which are rly easy to beat. Play 20 matches during season and u are eligible. As i look at truewow 5v5 ranking not much different.Rank 1 : 1242 rating 40 games. I ask myself if they rly deserve the titles more then folks from 2v2. They definitly deserve something.Maybe not wrathful gladiators but definitly something. I know you want to be blizzlike and its all cool. But dont force it at all cost. This aint retail and will never be.Especially population wise. And as some ppl said.Giving titles for 2v2 aint rly less blizzlike then letting ppl buy arena season mounts from voting shop ( not complaing.I am proud owner of reletless gladiator wyrm :p )
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#45 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Apr 2014 15:34

It is really not our fault people don't queue for 3s/5s. No matter what you say, we have more than enough players to get those brackets (3s at least) active. Servers with less population have more teams going in 3s so I've heard.