New website

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
emsy
Former Staff

New website

#1 » Post by emsy » 20 Dec 2013 01:26

Hello dear players,

welcome to the brand new TrueWoW website. After several months of work, it's finally here. Faster, nicer, smarter, more secure and more powerful. Let me introduce you to the brain of it: the Account Manager.

Account manager allows you to link multiple game accounts to one forum account. Afterwards, all these accounts and characters will be available in shop, voting, armory, QC and basically every other tool. No more annoying relogging, have it all in 1 place.

You must create a forum account if you don't have one already. You can ONLY log forum accounts. Once you have logged your forum account, you can link in-game accounts to it using the Account Manager tool at the top navigation bar.

Quest Completer is now much faster and doesn't require you to log out, and so is Voting. Shop now includes all the character customization and restore services while players online can be viewed in completely revamped Status page and new Online charts.

Armory will be redesigned in upcoming days/weeks, and will share login with forum as well. Expect an addition of bugtracker as well as character transfer tool.

If you have any kind of suggestions for improvements or tools/sites to add, feel free to let us know in the Website makeover thread

Note:
Forum might look like a mess for some time but we will be reorganizing it very soon so be patient :)
We are sorry for all the temporary inconveniences.

Rehan

Re: New website

#2 » Post by Rehan » 20 Dec 2013 01:48

I really like the new design but I think that there are too many topics showing up by default, it is really hard to find anything now.
I suggest maybe making something similar to the old forums where you had to click a button to see a whole category instead of you being able to see all the topics by default. For example make the Bug Reports section hidden by default and make an expand button next to it. Maybe even a "New Post" icon next to the expand button so we know when a new post was made in that category?

Other than that the forums look great, well done :D

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 20 Dec 2013 01:54

I like the new website design, it will take some time to get used to it, however, where do we get to see top voters of every month, and all time voters? I can't seem to find buttons for those. And those are needed in order to hand out the rewards to people.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Dec 2013 01:58

Just as a note, if you want your avatars to be displayed you must upload them directly to Truewow's forum through the user control panel, the ones previously linked off site will not work.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 20 Dec 2013 01:59

and one more thing I can't seen to find now, the faction change for non 80's at the cost of 10 vote points has been removed? now it costs same as a lvl 80? man I need to get a full walkthrough of what is what xD
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

perka

#6 » Post by perka » 20 Dec 2013 02:02

Forum is a mess but it will be reorganized with time. Dont worry.

emsy
Former Staff

#7 » Post by emsy » 20 Dec 2013 02:11

blacklustersoldier wrote:I like the new website design, it will take some time to get used to it, however, where do we get to see top voters of every month, and all time voters? I can't seem to find buttons for those. And those are needed in order to hand out the rewards to people.
It's not yet finished but it's only needed for GMs as they are handing out the rewards.
blacklustersoldier wrote:and one more thing I can't seen to find now, the faction change for non 80's at the cost of 10 vote points has been removed? now it costs same as a lvl 80? man I need to get a full walkthrough of what is what xD
yes it was changed, prices were adjusted as well as far as i know. Doesn't make sense for lvl 70 faction change to cost 30x less than lvl 80

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 20 Dec 2013 02:20

emsy wrote:
blacklustersoldier wrote:I like the new website design, it will take some time to get used to it, however, where do we get to see top voters of every month, and all time voters? I can't seem to find buttons for those. And those are needed in order to hand out the rewards to people.
It's not yet finished but it's only needed for GMs as they are handing out the rewards.
blacklustersoldier wrote:and one more thing I can't seen to find now, the faction change for non 80's at the cost of 10 vote points has been removed? now it costs same as a lvl 80? man I need to get a full walkthrough of what is what xD
yes it was changed, prices were adjusted as well as far as i know. Doesn't make sense for lvl 70 faction change to cost 30x less than lvl 80
I see it makes sense, HOWEVER the past 3 months except for december I used to monitor top votes, and display them on the forums because intervention was away, and kindz was busy with stuff, not to mention that a few times inter didn't manage to catch the results and so people got their rewards one month later. I think it would be best if players were able to see them too.

As for cost change for faction switch, I know a few people who are going to rage because of it. Maybe it would be a good idea to let the 1 to 79 faction switch be 10 points untill the end of the month, with a notice that new changes will be implemented starting on the 1st of january. Changing prices just like has been discussed among the staff I suppose but it would be best if players were given some heads up, as some chose to level on one side till one point then switch or idk.
Either way this is off the top of my head right now I will brainstorm some more tomorrow and come ask here.
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Dec 2013 02:26

We had the month's top voters, overall top voter, so on, available at the user control panel, at voting section. Bet we could have it here too, it's not a big thing, just not priority for the time being.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 20 Dec 2013 02:30

Ah well, okay then, but I personally would still love to have those sections back, top voters, donors, etc. It may be good for newcomers to be able to see that voting and donating is somewhat active and that people are doing something for the server. Anyway I like the new design, ability to change colors would be nice too, but maybe in time. :D

also noob question... is it possible to change my forum display name to something else? wanting to write with some upper case and some spaces and stuff...
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Justicelight
Donor

#11 » Post by Justicelight » 20 Dec 2013 02:57

The new talent calculator is kinda broken. The third talent tree is located under the first two instead of next to them.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

emsy
Former Staff

#12 » Post by emsy » 20 Dec 2013 03:01

Justicelight wrote:The new talent calculator is kinda broken. The third talent tree is located under the first two instead of next to them.
What browser do u use? I tried on chrome, opera and FF and all display it just fine

Justicelight
Donor

#13 » Post by Justicelight » 20 Dec 2013 03:02

Firefox
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

emsy
Former Staff

#14 » Post by emsy » 20 Dec 2013 03:09

Justicelight wrote:Firefox
try ctrl+f5, or different browser, if it works there..

on a side note: added server time to top left corner

Fateless
Donor

#15 » Post by Fateless » 20 Dec 2013 03:13

Wow guys, I think it looks absolutely wonderful! Thanks to all of you who worked so hard ^_^