Character Transfer Tool

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Heihachi
Developer

Character Transfer Tool

#1 » Post by Heihachi » 13 Apr 2014 08:03

Hello all!!

The day is upon us where you can now transfer from another server! After about a year or two of work on the tool and changing it multiple times it is nearly done.

While the tool is released we will not be making any transfers until April 20th. Reason for this is I am still adding a few final touches but want to start having server added and accepted. The rules and terms are up on this page, they may be changed and if they are you will be required to read them again.

At this moment when you transfer from a non-blizzard server the character will be deleted off that server. With the method we are using we try to get as much data as possible but some things are not fully coded. In regard for this if you wish to wait for a transfer its understandable.

That being said enjoy the tool and have fun :)

Thanks for reading and the patience,
The TrueWoW Staff

Nyeriah

Re: Character Transfer Tool

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Apr 2014 17:43

Fastor wrote: THIS PAGE
xD

I've fixed the link up there, for reference bbcode doesn't require the quotes ("") when posting links, differently than html. Blame his htmlish senses!

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 13 Apr 2014 18:22

Nyeriah wrote: Blame his htmlish senses!
/Blame

kronm

#5 » Post by kronm » 20 Apr 2014 01:33

Why the hell you guys have to delete the char on another server , this makes no sense and its not very ethical.

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 20 Apr 2014 01:36

kronm wrote:Why the hell you guys have to delete the char on another server , this makes no sense and its not very ethical.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/transfer wrote:Transfer - to be moved from one place to another.

Not like copy and paste. Just like Blizzard, moves from one realm to other, not copy.

kronm

#7 » Post by kronm » 20 Apr 2014 01:42

That doesn't explain anything, they could just clone the char , there's no reason to delete it.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Apr 2014 01:43

kronm wrote:That doesn't explain anything, they could just clone the char , there's no reason to delete it.
Well, it's a character transfer not a character clone. There's no point in filling our database with useless data if players will just keep on playing on their previous servers. What you propose has no sense.

kronm

#9 » Post by kronm » 20 Apr 2014 18:18

People would like to clone their chars to play with theirs friends here or they are trying the server for the first time, they are doing that cause they want it , why you make this choice irreversible , if u guys are secure that the server is good and the scripts are flawless why would u be afraid of them going back to their previews server.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Kindzadza » 20 Apr 2014 18:21

Also to prevent double characters of being transfered. We don't need more logs to go through.

mcheka

#11 » Post by mcheka » 20 Apr 2014 20:02

It needs to be irreversible because otherwise, you could just clone your char and play here for a few days and then quit, or log on once every month when your other server is down. This is something quite bad for the server community - the server needs people who are dedicated to *this* server, not spread out across multiple ones.

The arguments are very similar as to why communities are always stronger and better on 1x servers than on high rate (say, 10x) servers - people really want to be here, so they're willing to make a large investment to be here (in terms of time or other assets - i.e. time spent on their previous server). Low exp rate, and transfer instead of copy, are two mechanisms that weed out "non-serious" players who won't give a rat's ass about the server after they get bored in a few days.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

joca93

#12 » Post by joca93 » 22 Apr 2014 17:23

yo can i ask why my transfer is still pending after 3 days.. my friend reqested yesterday and his request is acepted and char is transfered?

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Apr 2014 17:26

joca93 wrote:yo can i ask why my transfer is still pending after 3 days.. my friend reqested yesterday and his request is acepted and char is transfered?
Nyeriah wrote:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCES

• We are currently experiencing issues so not every transfer is able to be completed at this time.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=12051

joca93

#14 » Post by joca93 » 22 Apr 2014 17:29

but we transfered from same acc

joca93

#15 » Post by joca93 » 22 Apr 2014 17:29

shoud work too