New Arena Season

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

Re: New Arena Season

#46 » Post by Roel » 21 Apr 2014 16:30

The point is that adding those titles to 2v2 could give even less motivation to play 3s/5s. Instead of 20 active teams we might see 10 active teams.

And like Kindzadza mentioned, it's really not a matter of population, it's about motivation. If we would for example disband 2v2 and only allow 3v3 for gearing then the same amount of players would play 3v3 (theoretically). You will only see less teams as each team will needs 50% more players which leads to 33% less teams. Instead of like 300 2v2 teams we would see 200 3v3 teams. Gratz if you could still follow me there.

The ones that are putting most effort into 3v3 motivation are those active players who keep queuing 3s and managed to play over a 100 3v3 matches this season. That alone deserves something in my opinion.

Nazz
Donor

#47 » Post by Nazz » 21 Apr 2014 17:45

Get R1 and 2.1K in 3s with 300 matches, leave the team cause no rewards were ever mentioned until now. That's how we roll on Truewow.

keez
Donor

#48 » Post by keez » 21 Apr 2014 18:24

The same players who are top in 2s are top in 3s. Look at the ladders.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#49 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 21 Apr 2014 18:46

this drama over titles occured last time too, and they DID announce the title's and mounts won't be given in 2's anymore... personally idc anymore how they are given... am just trying to get my helmet so I can start doing 3s and hopefully get my shoulders... but knowing how hard it is to reach 2k rating... I highly doubt I will ever get there... even if the number of teams in 3s will increase

and as someone mentioned earlier about 5s being only few teams ... well idk what is stoping you from making a team and get other friends to do 5s just for fun... if they can get mounts and titles just from doing games for fun and easy points... I don't see how that is stoping you from doing it... they managed to find 1-2 more teams, so can you
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#50 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Apr 2014 19:27

Nazz wrote:Get R1 and 2.1K in 3s with 300 matches, leave the team cause no rewards were ever mentioned until now. That's how we roll on Truewow.
emsy wrote:And for next season, wyrms for gladiators and WF glad titles for top 1 team (no matter how many active teams will participate) in 3v3 and 5v5

ItchyVortex

#51 » Post by ItchyVortex » 21 Apr 2014 19:58

emsy wrote:And for next season, wyrms for gladiators and WF glad titles for top 1 team (no matter how many active teams will participate) in 3v3 and 5v5
Does that mean Wilcox will become a Wrathful Gladiator?
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#52 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Apr 2014 20:11

Most likely. :)

keez
Donor

#53 » Post by keez » 21 Apr 2014 20:43

Still you should give 2v2 some titles, not WF but some others.
Pve players can go do ulduar and get titles and pvp players get what?
We get told by others who dont even play arena that 3v3 is more important than 2v2.

deadroses

#54 » Post by deadroses » 21 Apr 2014 20:54

DISCLAIMER TYM: This post is extremely badly written because I'm tired and pissed, read at your own risk, respond with insults!

Obviously the reason why no one ques 3s(lately arena in general, as I've had ques longer than 30 minutes in 2v2s) is because the PvP is broken in it's core.

For example, not being able to ground totem polymorphs is absolutely gamebreaking. Resilience is absolutely useless, and a reason why pathetic warriors like saiyan are topping the charts right now (because why bother playing the game properly, when you can equip all the pve gear you got and hit everyone for 9k thru 1300 resilience+ the remainder of armor not mitigated by ARP).

And now, people that dodge 24/7 (read. "Tetin", tho he's not getting titles at least) and que once a year are getting titles because the activity of a set bracket doesn't matter, what matters is the rating, apparently. I'll have many laughs may 2nd when I see "Wrathful gladiator Sogood" or "Wildcocks" who backpeddal to the arena battlemaster to que. I wouldn't be surprised if they were clicking every ability. I sincerely hope some random fuck decides to wintrade 5v5s at least to take over wrathful gladiator titles from the group of 5 backpeddalers that qued one day vs even more retarded people (or wintraded, what the fuck do I know). I'll bow down and kiss his crackhole.

TL:DR (if your ADHD is that fucking strong, if it is you have a massive problem): Titles everywhere, go backpeddal and show off with your wyrm! Wintrading is fine, Eodo is twice the warrior Saiyan is, but resil is bugged so Saiyan can steamroll anyone with his pve gear. Tetin can go die in a hole for being a massive dodger. I'm getting banned from forums because voicing own opinions in a vulgar fashion is prohibited, also this TLDR is longer than the post. Next season give titles for anyone above 1500, seems more fair than this system
Wage------- LF ICC carries so I can get DBW and be just like every other faceroll cancer warrior that presses spinstorm and wins.

Darchrow
Donor

#55 » Post by Darchrow » 21 Apr 2014 20:55

2s already give you 4/5 wrath. that is more than enough...
rewarding titles for 2s is retarded
if titles were to be gotten from 2s, that would only be something that would kill 3s..
getting titles from it can be a sort of motivation.

Edit:
deadroses wrote:DISCLAIMER TYM: This post is extremely badly written because I'm tired and pissed, read at your own risk, respond with insults!

Obviously the reason why no one ques 3s(lately arena in general, as I've had ques longer than 30 minutes in 2v2s) is because the PvP is broken in it's core.

For example, not being able to ground totem polymorphs is absolutely gamebreaking. Resilience is absolutely useless, and a reason why pathetic warriors like saiyan are topping the charts right now (because why bother playing the game properly, when you can equip all the pve gear you got and hit everyone for 9k thru 1300 resilience+ the remainder of armor not mitigated by ARP).

And now, people that dodge 24/7 (read. "Tetin", tho he's not getting titles at least) and que once a year are getting titles because the activity of a set bracket doesn't matter, what matters is the rating, apparently. I'll have many laughs may 2nd when I see "Wrathful gladiator Sogood" or "Wildcocks" who backpeddal to the arena battlemaster to que. I wouldn't be surprised if they were clicking every ability. I sincerely hope some random fuck decides to wintrade 5v5s at least to take over wrathful gladiator titles from the group of 5 backpeddalers that qued one day vs even more retarded people (or wintraded, what the fuck do I know). I'll bow down and kiss his crackhole.

TL:DR (if your ADHD is that fucking strong, if it is you have a massive problem): Titles everywhere, go backpeddal and show off with your wyrm! Wintrading is fine, Eodo is twice the warrior Saiyan is, but resil is bugged so Saiyan can steamroll anyone with his pve gear. Tetin can go die in a hole for being a massive dodger. I'm getting banned from forums because voicing own opinions in a vulgar fashion is prohibited, also this TLDR is longer than the post. Next season give titles for anyone above 1500, seems more fair than this system
^Top lel :D
i salute you.
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Naljs

#56 » Post by Naljs » 21 Apr 2014 21:02

I am pretty sure even PvP players can go to Ulduar and get their title. It's not about being fair and distribute PvP titles because PvE people can get another one.
It clearly says in the arena topic Roel linked that 2v2 would give NO reward, so even when you queued your first match you were well informed.
Server struggles to be blizzlike, everyone made a big fuss over the duelling area but 2v2 should award Glad titles?
We might as well give Duellist to the player with most won duels, and Challenger to the one who /challenged most players..sarcasm for those who did not get that.

Sum up: Why is this even a discussion?
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

keez
Donor

#57 » Post by keez » 21 Apr 2014 21:12

because we need more pve shitheads to comment on what we should get / not get from playing 2v2/3v3

keez
Donor

#58 » Post by keez » 21 Apr 2014 21:13

Naljs wrote:I am pretty sure even PvP players can go to Ulduar and get their title.
that would make us PvE players

Psychotic

#59 » Post by Psychotic » 21 Apr 2014 21:13

#shotsfired

Darchrow
Donor

#60 » Post by Darchrow » 21 Apr 2014 21:13

^ yea not really
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily