New donate system & Offers for non-donators

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

New donate system & Offers for non-donators

#1 » Post by Roel » 28 Sep 2014 13:06

I finally finished implementing a new donate system which will hopefully make up for the lack of donations since we were blocked by Paypal. The new system offers tons of donate methods (credit cards, mobile and phone, bank transfer, e-wallets, cash and prepaid including paysafecard).

Non-donators can also get access to more web points through this platform because I have enabled advertisers to place offers. If you agree to an offer, you will get a decent amount of web points compared to when you're only voting and those advertisers will pay us for the traffic. So it will be like you donated without actual spending anything, at least for the "free" offers. I have yet to see how this works out so any feedback is appreciated.

More information can be found at the Donate page.

ilyailyailya

Re: New donate system & Offers for non-donators

#2 » Post by ilyailyailya » 28 Sep 2014 21:05

Well how do we know that those surveys are safe?

I just did one, downloaded a program called YouTube Saved/r, but no idea if I got the web points, i'm pretty sure I didn't. And it clearly said that it'll award the point when I install the program. There should at least be some kind of indication that tells you whether you've successfully did it or not and the points have been awarded.

Also if you're living in a crap country like me and it doesn't let you use the surveys because none are available to your country use a proxy.
Truewow:

Horde:
Volkolak[ Shaman] {70}
Headquake [Shaman] {80}
Xcell [Rogue] {80}
Alliance
Skuletik[Death Knight] {80}
Devana [Hunter] {80}

Primeevil wow:

Horde Thorbjorn [Hunter] {60}

Lordaeron:

Skadi/Velastra (velastra got scammed) aka therberg aka jewberg aka ked aka hime aka scotty

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 28 Sep 2014 21:46

Well, those advertisers need to go through some kind of verification before they get approved but you're free to choose which offers you accept. Personally I wouldn't accept any that involve downloading a program. Anyway I also tried an offer that involved a registration and playing a browser game until level 5, sadly I also didn't receive any points nor any money from offers.

It could be that they don't allow me to accept offers from my IP because I would basically be giving money to myself. It could also be that they don't allow certain proxies so it would be nice if someone can also test this without proxy. I also didn't get any surveys, only 3 offers to choose from. Maybe they need some time to target more offers at our website. Anyway I will contact them to see if I can get some more information on the matter.

Luckily donations are working fine, I already received a couple small ones through credit card and mobile. The specific players received their points instantly. The only drawback is high fees so far, it seems about 30-35% so far but maybe that will change once they accept my tax form and have better trust in our website.

Psychotic

#4 » Post by Psychotic » 28 Sep 2014 23:36

lel, i proposed this option a year ago i think :D Nice job, the phone donations will let a lot more people help the server.

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 29 Sep 2014 04:57

Psychotic wrote:lel, i proposed this option a year ago i think :D Nice job, the phone donations will let a lot more people help the server.
Thumbs up !
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 29 Sep 2014 12:59

An update on the offers. 2 players have successfully completed an offer for 1 Web Point. They received their Point and I received 0.02 euro for each of them, so that part actually works. I wondered what kind of offer would only reward 1 point so I used an USA proxy to check for offers, apparently tons of offers can be found in that country. The ones for 1 Web Point are the easiest and mostly just require watching a video which doesn't require more effort than voting at a votesite, you could even do something else while the video is being "watched". Other offers like a site registration/e-mail signup reward about 20-30 web points which is equivalent to 2-3 voting sessions. To find the most desirable offers, I would use the sorting function to find the "easiest" offers.

Polkic
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Polkic » 29 Sep 2014 13:35

Says no offers for my country :(

kermo14k

#8 » Post by kermo14k » 29 Sep 2014 13:54

We currently do not have offers available for your country. Please keep checking back since new offers are added daily.
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Kindzadza » 29 Sep 2014 16:36

Yea best would be to use a proxy from different country, most likely USA like Roel said.

Heihachi
Developer

#10 » Post by Heihachi » 30 Sep 2014 02:13

Kindzadza wrote:Yea best would be to use a proxy from different country, most likely USA like Roel said.

Nuff said!

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 01 Oct 2014 09:40

They have notified me that they will be working to get more offers to your countries. And I see the first decent offer got completed, someone from Germany got 92 web points.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#12 » Post by Cocopuffs » 01 Oct 2014 11:40

I completed a survey, and registered in a game where after three logins you get points. got nothing, nada zero.

Roel
Founder

#13 » Post by Roel » 08 Oct 2014 14:23

Regarding the points not earned, there are several reasons as to why that happens:
* The offer's earning time is not instant and could take a few days even, depending on the campaign. This information is included on the offer page.
* The user has been detected to be using a proxy IP which will prevent him from getting the reward.
* The user was not able to complete the campaign properly.
They are also still working to get more offers to other countries so we have no other choice but to have some patience with that.

Therealshammtwink

#14 » Post by Therealshammtwink » 03 Nov 2014 03:27

When i click donate & offers it doesnt load is anyone else having this problem?

Roel
Founder

#15 » Post by Roel » 03 Nov 2014 09:02

Therealshammtwink wrote:When i click donate & offers it doesnt load is anyone else having this problem?
It's loading fine for me, your browser needs to support iframes.