A new core and a clean start

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Nyeriah

A new core and a clean start

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Nov 2014 03:31

Greetings,

After a long waiting, we've finally concluded our core update successfully. Technical difficulties that would end up affecting our server's stability were preventing us from updating but now as they faded away we are able to provide you the latest fixes available.

This new update brings forth several new things. As I've mentioned before, we are starting over with a brand new core and database, which eventually means some bugs are now gone while others have temporarily returned.

As you can see here, we've got quite a lot of fresh fixes. You may notice most raid boss encounters are now more consistent along with several class bugs that we're now rid of.

That however isn't a full change log, a full change log would be twice as long as that one. Environment fixes, core stability fixes, components and more were also included in that update but omitted as they'd difficult the reading even more.

With this advent, our development strategy might suffer several changes as well. Doubtfully there'll be an update as big as this one, but eventually updates might come in a more frequent basis, especially at this moment. In the upcoming weeks we'll be rolling several hotfix updates to address the issues that might have arisen in consequence to the fresh start up. We're counting with your support to identify issues and report them at our bug tracker so our developers can readily solve them.

I know the idea of a fresh start might sound very scary to some of you (as in the first moment it was to us too) but after analyzing it carefully there will be no impacts in the long term and a refresh will bring in future benefits.

We've also decided to let our Public Testing Realm, henceforth referred as PTR, be permanently open so players can help us out testing things. A PTR guideline will be posted by me sometime this week containing all that you need to know and few hints and tricks on how to test things and get the expect results.

Also, we've now got a little bit a surprise. ShinDarth has gotten us a new feature: the PvP Stats! PvP Stats is PvP statistic page that displays very interesting information about recent battlegrounds and the average winners. Make sure to check it out ;)

You can also read more about PvPStats here! http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14101

That's all for now. Thank you all for your everlasting patience and have fun :)

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: A new core and a clean start

#2 » Post by Etro » 17 Nov 2014 04:32

What's the core's name?
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 17 Nov 2014 11:30

Etro wrote:What's the core's name?
l hope its "Fluffy".

ShinDarth
Donor

#4 » Post by ShinDarth » 17 Nov 2014 12:03

Etro wrote:What's the core's name?
The core is still TrinityCore, I guess with
As I've mentioned before, we are starting over with a brand new core and database, which eventually means some bugs are now gone while others have temporarily returned.
she meant a "fresh" TrinityCore:

https://github.com/TrueWoW/TrinityCore/ ... ter_revamp
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 17 Nov 2014 12:35

excellent work Champions ~ ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Arraj

#6 » Post by Arraj » 17 Nov 2014 22:26

Not really sure what you mean by "clean start"... just the thought of it give me creeps.

Btw... how do we access PVP stats besides this link in post? I can't find it in tools or community.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 17 Nov 2014 22:30

Arraj wrote:Btw... how do we access PVP stats besides this link in post? I can't find it in tools or community.
It's under community, the last link.

Arraj

#8 » Post by Arraj » 18 Nov 2014 09:58

All I can see there as last link is HK ladder. I'm "blind" again or... what :?:

Relina

#9 » Post by Relina » 18 Nov 2014 10:30

You are probably using the Etrobian Theme, its not updated to show the PvPstats link yet, switch to Truewow Ice theme & you'll see the link under community.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Arraj

#10 » Post by Arraj » 18 Nov 2014 10:34

Relina wrote:You are probably using the Etrobian Theme, its not updated to show the PvPstats link yet, switch to Truewow Ice theme & you'll see the link under community.
True ;) thank you ;)

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 19 Nov 2014 14:29

There isn't any commit pushed to my repository with that change. I had no idea.

It will be added with the next theme update, which should happen soon enough.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Nov 2014 06:16

Sadly the way commands are currently handled is limited and I was not able to set a custom range of commands to PTR specifically. I suspect I might have to work it around and expand it, but for the time being, I'm not sure if that should be a priority. So at this time, this is on hold. I'll see what can be done regarding that.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Nov 2014 07:58

Disregard that... it was way easier than I thought so I fixed that in flight. We should be able to fix players some commands at PTR soon...

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Nov 2014 17:07

Guys, ShinDarth has made a topic to collect more feedback on the PvPStats http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14101

You can read more about it there, throw suggestions, bugs you may find, etc :)

Thank you

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Dec 2014 16:24

Players were given a couple of commands at PTR to suppress the lack of vendors.