New Arena Season - New Approach

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

New Arena Season - New Approach

#1 » Post by Roel » 23 Apr 2015 11:27

A new arena season has started. This means all ratings have been reset.

However there have also been some drastic changes due to the 3v3 state or lack thereof. The time for discussion is over, we are taking action now. All rewards from 3v3 have been moved to 2v2, this will kill the already dead bracket but overall arena activity should increase. You're still free to play the other brackets for fun. Shoulders will be at 2200 rating and T2 weapons along with the tabard at 2350 rating. This time the top teams will be able to get Gladiator titles and rank 1 will get Wrathful Gladiator title and mount again. Title distribution is further explained here.

The most important change is actually in the queue which has also been revamped, it should make sure that all of this happens fairly and with good competition. You will be forced to queue against teams of similar rating, high rated teams will not be able to play against low rated teams regardless of how long they wait in the queue. To prevent senseless waiting, rating information has been added to the announcer. For example 1700-2200 rating means that teams within that rating range can queue against the team that just joined. In this case teams with 1700 or 2200 rating might need to wait 5 minutes in the queue, that's when the full range gets unlocked.

Darchrow
Donor

Re: New Arena Season - New Approach

#2 » Post by Darchrow » 23 Apr 2015 12:05

fucking A
totally support this decision
good job
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

ItchyVortex

#3 » Post by ItchyVortex » 23 Apr 2015 12:08

There isnt much to be said after that long thread. Great changes, i think this will be a great season after all those bullshit seasons! :D
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 23 Apr 2015 12:18

LF Carry ^_^

Knewklear
Donor

#5 » Post by Knewklear » 23 Apr 2015 13:26

As a guy who recently started playing a lot of arena matches lately and wants to get more into the scene, FUCKING YES! :D

Nazz
Donor

#6 » Post by Nazz » 23 Apr 2015 13:30

Way too low. Make it 2.4K needed for shoulders at least and 2.5K or so for Tabard and T2.

Edit. And yes, i support the idea partly, it's not half bad. You should consider removing SM from Arenas next since everything is going to 2s, every second team will have it. WOTLK was never meant to last this long, on retail you would get one maybe two in 500 games versus a player with SM, eventually everyone will reroll to warrior just because you can kill anything if you're not mentally ill.
Last edited by Nazz on 10 May 2015 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

Careless

#7 » Post by Careless » 23 Apr 2015 14:04

^
Last edited by Guest on 04 Jun 2015 23:10, edited 2 times in total.

keez
Donor

#8 » Post by keez » 23 Apr 2015 14:11

Its great you finally moved rewards to 2s but I would have to agree with previous posts and say that requirements for shoulders and weps are too low.
Anyway this is a good step for TW arena, good job.

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Apr 2015 14:17

We can't choose whichever price we want, it's defined by the client. That's the highest it can cost, other options for this ladder are 2050 and 2200

Roel
Founder

#10 » Post by Roel » 23 Apr 2015 14:31

It's impossible to predict that the requirements are too low, we haven't seen the new script in action yet... It should be harder to achieve the same rating than it was before, prove me wrong by obtaining 2350 team & personal rating next season. Like Nyeriah says, we can't make the requirement higher but we can make it harder to achieve that rating.

As for SM, it's a different problem so better to open a new discussion for it. Yes I understand it's a problem for PvP but how to deal with it is the question.

ItchyVortex

#11 » Post by ItchyVortex » 23 Apr 2015 14:34

Are you serious? Thats the simplest thing to fix, just prohibit people from using it in arena.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Nazz
Donor

#12 » Post by Nazz » 23 Apr 2015 14:45

Fine, i'll make a valid thread about it these days, maybe even today.

Roel
Founder

#13 » Post by Roel » 23 Apr 2015 14:53

ItchyVortex wrote:Are you serious? Thats the simplest thing to fix, just prohibit people from using it in arena.
Like people are blindly going to follow a rule like that, ban army incoming. But seriously, I could look into coding something that automatically unequips the weapon in arena. Then there is the problem that it should not be possible to equip again until they exit the arena. I really don't know if I am able to code something like that but it's worth trying if it would improve PvP, maybe someone wants to help me.

Also would it be balanced with any other ICC heroic weapon? How far would we need to go with banning heroic items from PvP? What about BGs? Nazz I would appreciate if you can address these questions in that thread, it goes beyond the scope of this announcement and I am sure a lot of people want to have an input on this.

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 23 Apr 2015 14:59

Count SM as potion. So you cant use it in arena.

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Apr 2015 15:04

Please let's just discuss the shadowmourne thing on the shadowmourne thread. It'll get lost here