Stealth VS Pet?

Knewklear
Donor

Stealth VS Pet?

#1 » Post by Knewklear » 02 Mar 2011 17:13

Ok, so a hunter's pet was after me. I used Gouge to stun it for a few seconds. I left combat and went into stealth. But as soon as the pet was revived from Gouge, it still went after me even though I was in stealth and out of combat. Anyone know what's wrong?

Dr. Who

Re: Stealth VS Pet?

#2 » Post by Dr. Who » 02 Mar 2011 19:14

maby the pet was smarter than you? hehehehe
hunters pet can do every thing even fly and cross walls. =P hehehehe
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Universe

#3 » Post by Universe » 02 Mar 2011 20:02

Hunter pets are bugged, they can see thru stealth from level 10 to level 80. It is a huge problem in game right now.. and Many hunters use this bug in arenas as well vs rogues and druids.. I think gms should start giving 2 day bans to hunters using pets to target u even after they dont run after you.. the pet keeps on comming for u, no matter if you are stealth or not. The ban should be a pvp ban since this abuse can only be used in pvp vs rogues and druids..

Dr. Who

#4 » Post by Dr. Who » 02 Mar 2011 22:14

ban for that?
lol i'm against that.
if the pet can see the rogue and druid what can the hunter do about it? that not meen the hunter is exploring the bug. should i stop of atack the rogue and druid to they kill me? are you joking??? lol
thinking like that one day hunters cant use pets like 1 server i used to play.
hunters pets are hard to script, well thats why on all servers hunters pets are buged.
if we get ban for use pet people will start stop using hunter. i love hunter because of the pet.
i will be mad if i cant use it no more...
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.

Kraith
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kraith » 03 Mar 2011 05:25

Yeah, we don't give out bans for this. Should a hunter be banned because he had a pet on aggressive? It's annoying, and hunters should not abuse LoS, but there is no good way to enforce it.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Universe

#6 » Post by Universe » 04 Mar 2011 01:29

Kraith wrote:Yeah, we don't give out bans for this. Should a hunter be banned because he had a pet on aggressive? It's annoying, and hunters should not abuse LoS, but there is no good way to enforce it.

The problem is in PVP hunters do abuse it and i have seen all the top hunters send the pet behind rogue (me) or a druid while we are trying to escape by using cos, vanish and the pet keeps following for a long time.. In pvp this is abuse bro weither you like it or not.. and in Arena this is the biggest abuse ever..
Come on.. rogues and druids use stealth to cover and reattack.. without it we die too easy.. and if a hunter sends his pets behind us.. that is abuse in pvp sir..

In pvp there is no, Oh i forgot my noob pet behind a rogue.. because he def knows he send it one behind a rogue or a druid.. Come on u cant be serious .. Telling me it's not a abuse.

Dr. Who

#7 » Post by Dr. Who » 05 Mar 2011 01:08

like i said before. what can the hunter do about it if the pet can see you?
yea ok maby is abuse but get ban for that? lol
pets are buged. if you see on all private servers all pets are buged.
the pet in aggressive in autonomous, if it sees a prey he hunts it... =P
get use to it... if you see a hunter and cant stealth go for it dont run,easy...

Universe

#8 » Post by Universe » 05 Mar 2011 02:03

The hunter can call it's pet back.. havent you heard that works nub?
Either way we got nub hunters on this server except 2 and they are very well hated for it.. :lol:

Either way, on my old server if a hunter used pet in flying attack, los attack, or stealth run.. they banned the hunter for 12 hours for first abuse, and 1 day for 2nd and 3 days for 3rd.. by that time they stoped abusing their pets in pvp.
So either way, if this doesnt go anywhere, i think it's time to make a heirloomed huntard with pwn pet to hunt rogues and druids with.. :lol:

Dr. Who

#9 » Post by Dr. Who » 05 Mar 2011 10:08

even if i call pet back if he is in aggressive after he come to me he goes after you again.
and think about it.
in the stress of the batle will you think in call the pet back if you see rogue or duid stealth?
i dont think so.... thats not abuse.
in arena we do every think to win,we are thinking "GO PET GO! kick that ugly hord ass!!! :twisted: :twisted: " and not in call in back. lol
thats why i think its not abuse using the pet like that in arena.

Cover25

#10 » Post by Cover25 » 06 Mar 2011 00:29

Universe wrote:The hunter can call it's pet back.. havent you heard that works nub?
Either way we got nub hunters on this server except 2 and they are very well hated for it.. :lol:

Either way, on my old server if a hunter used pet in flying attack, los attack, or stealth run.. they banned the hunter for 12 hours for first abuse, and 1 day for 2nd and 3 days for 3rd.. by that time they stoped abusing their pets in pvp.
So either way, if this doesnt go anywhere, i think it's time to make a heirloomed huntard with pwn pet to hunt rogues and druids with.. :lol:
Wait, Wait , wait you think this should be bannable but yet you want to abuse said bug? LOLOLOLOLOL

Universe

#11 » Post by Universe » 06 Mar 2011 20:41

Cover25 wrote:
Universe wrote:The hunter can call it's pet back.. havent you heard that works nub?

Wait, Wait , wait you think this should be bannable but yet you want to abuse said bug? LOLOLOLOLOL

Every hunter is abusing this bug right now.. SO if gms dont call this a bug.. I should abuse it too right? Since it's not a bug?? LMAO

Knewklear
Donor

#12 » Post by Knewklear » 10 Mar 2011 06:01

Ok, so it seems I sorta got my answer, lol.

Felnight

#13 » Post by Felnight » 10 Mar 2011 06:40

Not every hunter is abusing this. I set my pet to aggressive in BG's. Im not very good at pvp, and its a lot happening, i cant keep up with my pet, so he does what he wants. If he is attacking you, i may not even notice you. Therefor, I wont notice you go stealth to call my pet back....its not abuse, I just cant keep track of everything going on in the bg at one time..

Now, I DONT send my pet to go attack someone who is up high on a ledge, because that obviously is not right. But then again, Should warrior charge polevault a warrior up that same cliff?
There are bugs, but you cant expect players to pay 100% attention to there pet thats attacking random targets while on aggressive stance. Atleast in my opinion, Its hard to keep up with...but im new to pvp.

Thats just my 2 cents on this.

Ondo

#14 » Post by Ondo » 10 Mar 2011 10:28

Yeah, I do the same thing with my hunter at times.
It depends on whether I play BM or MM at that particular BG (and that is a long story, never mind).,
As a BM hunter your pet is your main strength and you need to pay attention to what it's doing. As a MM hunter, though, it's kind of: "Meh, let the little tyche do what it feels like... Pew, pew!" ;)

Of course, I have, so far not really bothered with calling back my pet when I noticed it hunting a rogue. But, believe it or not, I didn't realize that was a bug (hey, we're supposed to be OP, remember). I admit that freely. XD
Should the consensus be that this is bug abusing I will call pets of when I notice them hunting stealthed targets. And any decent BM hunter should notice such things.

OkweL

#15 » Post by OkweL » 10 Mar 2011 12:28

Do not exploit bugs! If you encounter any bug, report it.
It's simple. Just like sanctuary bug. If we see screenshot with pet attacking stealthed or invisible character we might decide if this is bug abuse and ban eventually.

If you can't keep track of what your pet is doing, obviously you shouldn't pets... I don't even understand the part suggesting like you can be fighting in one place, and your pet on the other part of that battleground. Just like warlock pets. You have to control them or simply don't use them. Situation where hunter or warlock is in Horde base (WSG) and their pets are fighting at Alliance base is ridiculous. However I would like to see more from other GMs/Roel about this.