Etro's TrueWoW Themes log

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Careless

Re: Etro's TrueWoW Themes log

#46 » Post by Careless » 08 May 2015 08:37

Awesome.
Last edited by Guest on 22 Aug 2015 09:13, edited 2 times in total.

Justicelight
Donor

#47 » Post by Justicelight » 08 May 2015 08:55

Really nice.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Arockalypse
Donor

#48 » Post by Arockalypse » 08 May 2015 16:40

Looks great,
How about adding a Frostmourne stabbing the logo vertically or diagonally with some effects on the impact ? [emoji16]
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Etro
Honorary Member

#49 » Post by Etro » 08 May 2015 18:58

That's not within my photoshop skills yet. I mean, I could do that, but I don't think I could make it look good. Also, I think it would make the logo a bit too big, since the sword would have to be twice as big to match the logo's proportion.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Etro
Honorary Member

#50 » Post by Etro » 08 May 2015 22:39

I think this would be the background for Etrobian Second. What do you guys think?

"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Fastor

#51 » Post by Fastor » 08 May 2015 22:48

All looks nice, but how big impact on performance will it have?

Etro
Honorary Member

#52 » Post by Etro » 08 May 2015 22:55

I presume you mean the loading times. I don't know yet. I have to optimize it and that will be done when creating the theme. Right now I'm just in the concept process.

Etro
Honorary Member

#53 » Post by Etro » 15 May 2015 21:21

What do you guys think about this index concept?

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/uf9X4vs.png

Nazz
Donor

#54 » Post by Nazz » 15 May 2015 22:11

It's extremely impressive.

Etro
Honorary Member

#55 » Post by Etro » 16 May 2015 05:04

Anyone else? Are you ok with making the banner full width and pushing down the server info?

Nyeriah

#56 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 May 2015 05:34

Etro, I know you're just asking these things to know the general public opinion but these things are still up to the Staff to approve even if 50 players say they're ok with them. Just saying, I know that you know that, but they in general don't ;D

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#57 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 16 May 2015 05:59

looks great!

also I can't seem to click on submenus on my phone because whenever I want to open them, I have to click on the menu, which takes me directly to the menu page.

so my question is, can you make it so that the submenus open on click instead of mouse hover? I am not able to fully navigate the webpage from the phone

and to elaborate what I have in mind:

remove this
Hover over FORUMS : submenu opens with the view active topics, view unread topics, view unaswered topics, mark forums as read buttons

add this

Click on FORUMS: submenu opens with the view active topics, view unread topics, view unaswered topics, mark forums as read buttons AND view FORUMS additional button.

unless you guys can teach me how to open hovering menus on phone, I beg you to consider this option not for your themes, but also for the main web default theme
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Etro
Honorary Member

#58 » Post by Etro » 16 May 2015 06:05

Blacklustersoldier wrote:looks great!

also I can't seem to click on submenus on my phone because whenever I want to open them, I have to click on the menu, which takes me directly to the menu page.

so my question is, can you make it so that the submenus open on click instead of mouse hover? I am not able to fully navigate the webpage from the phone

and to elaborate what I have in mind:

remove this
Hover over FORUMS : submenu opens with the view active topics, view unread topics, view unaswered topics, mark forums as read buttons

add this

Click on FORUMS: submenu opens with the view active topics, view unread topics, view unaswered topics, mark forums as read buttons AND view FORUMS additional button.

unless you guys can teach me how to open hovering menus on phone, I beg you to consider this option not for your themes, but also for the main web default theme
All of this has already been dealt with in the next themes updates, including the default theme of course. The only difference with your suggestion is that "View Forums" is called "Index forums" and goes first in the submenu. As for the hover thing, it will be kept like that for desktop browsing but in mobile browsing the menus will use an onclick script instead.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#59 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 16 May 2015 06:20

will I need a special app for mobile browser? (I am using either the default phone browser IE lol, or chrome) but mostly IE
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Etro
Honorary Member

#60 » Post by Etro » 16 May 2015 06:22

No apps required. It will all be done by the browser.