Isle of Conquest - Beta Testing Season

Fastor

Re: Isle of Conquest - Beta Testing Season

#91 » Post by Fastor » 24 Mar 2015 18:27

Gnurg wrote:@Fastor It's just a matter of range. You have to be close enough to get the honorable kill in order for it to count. I am at 41 at the moment and it has been several occasions where I don't get the count due to fact that they are too far away.
Damn :\
Guess we should remove fix on cannons that we used in Sota previously, l mean to make them move around again. ^_^

Nyeriah

#92 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Mar 2015 01:36

I should have solved the issue with unattackable siege engines... however the spawning right now seems rather weird. I don't know it should work exactly, when the second team caps the node it just spawns a new set of vehicles atop the previously spawned ones. Shouldn't they like, get switched instead? At least the ones parked, don't know.

Longi

#93 » Post by Longi » 25 Mar 2015 01:47

I think, siege should work like this :D
one damaged mashine is in the garage from start. If Alliance or Horde captures the base. Siege´s repair will start. it takes 3 minute to repair siege. So if Horde has base for 3 minutes they can use one siege. Siege is active till any ally destroy it. only one active siege at time per fraction, since it´s really heavy tank with a lot guns. If Ally destroy Siege and horde still has base new one will be spawned in next 3 minutes. If ally takes base repair timer for new siege will start. and so on ... sorry for grammer :D

Fastor

#94 » Post by Fastor » 26 Mar 2015 16:32

Fastor wrote:
Gnurg wrote:@Fastor It's just a matter of range. You have to be close enough to get the honorable kill in order for it to count. I am at 41 at the moment and it has been several occasions where I don't get the count due to fact that they are too far away.
Damn :\
Guess we should remove fix on cannons that we used in Sota previously, l mean to make them move around again. ^_^

Aww Hell Yeah!!! Cannons can run around :D

Crymaker
Donor

#95 » Post by Crymaker » 27 Mar 2015 06:30

Moving canons,sucks hard time. Yday i enter'd canon and i wasnt able to get out till i relog'd.
Anyway,i noticed that a guy who was downing canons from towers in purpose to stop ppl getting achivment,parking them god knows where. So,yea,fix em asap. Thanks!

And btw,SoTa + IoC both have 1 more issue,demo's range can dmg gates and canons from walls / towers cant reach em',so it basicly sucks,since canons aint of use that much if u can dmg walls w/o being dmg'd inside demo. Aka Demo's seems to have more range than canons,giving advantage to demo users. Both sides realated H / A...

Keep the good work.
JIMI

Characters:
~ Jethrotull 80 LvL Troll Shaman PvE - Restoration
~ Gothicows 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Balance
~ Sykor 80 LvL Tauren Druid PvE - Tank
~ Jimshields 80 LvL Troll Priest PvE - Discipline
~ Jimolocks 80LvL Undead Warlock PvE - Affliction
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Nyeriah

#96 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Mar 2015 06:33

Crymaker wrote:Moving canons,sucks hard time. Yday i enter'd canon and i wasnt able to get out till i relog'd.
Anyway,i noticed that a guy who was downing canons from towers in purpose to stop ppl getting achivment,parking them god knows where. So,yea,fix em asap. Thanks!

And btw,SoTa + IoC both have 1 more issue,demo's range can dmg gates and canons from walls / towers cant reach em',so it basicly sucks,since canons are aint serving anything if u can dmg walls w/o being dmg'd inside demo. Aka Demo's seems to have more range than canons,giving advantage to demo users.

Keep the good work.
None of these issues are valid, except the one with the "apparent" higher range on demo than cannons but I don't even know if that isn't the expected behavior, as there isn't really much you can do with hard-coded vehicle target selector which is entirely client side

Fastor

#97 » Post by Fastor » 27 Mar 2015 10:31

About range of tank and cannons, they do have same range. When you look at their positions you will see if you set tank properly, its missile can reach gate for a bit while cannons because their natural position are unable to reach tank. Its like triangle, all three points are at same distance spaced between them and unable to reach each other, but gate is actually between cannons and because of that, closer than cannons so tank can reach it.

Nyeriah

#98 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Mar 2015 13:24

< 3.

Crymaker
Donor

#99 » Post by Crymaker » 27 Mar 2015 14:04

Nice if u like to belive so,let it be it then ;) cheers.
JIMI

Characters:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me.”

Nyeriah

#100 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Mar 2015 14:08

It's not about liking to believe, it's not wrong because it can't be wrong. The shit you see in-game to select where the project will land is client side, I can't modify that. If you tell me that the tanks are in range of it and still not being damaged that's a different story

Crymaker
Donor

#101 » Post by Crymaker » 27 Mar 2015 14:50

The last sentence was exact issue here,or what i tried to say,anyway,they are in range <demos>,but bombs aint dmging em and they can dmg walls... saw it a lot of times in SoTa and IoC aswell recently.
JIMI

Characters:

Fastor

#102 » Post by Fastor » 27 Mar 2015 15:14

Does their missiles produce aoe on impact?

Nyeriah

#103 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Mar 2015 15:37

I actually just did a sota and saw what you mean... people are abusing that, I'll look into it

Crymaker
Donor

#104 » Post by Crymaker » 27 Mar 2015 16:01

Thank you :)
JIMI

Characters: