Flight animation

SomethingWitty

Flight animation

#1 » Post by SomethingWitty » 04 Jul 2015 18:04

Anyone else notice that flight animation of a spell doesn't sync up properly with its effect. For example, someone casts a spell with a flight animation at you while you are mounted and running away. The spell gets applied/damages you before the animation actually reaches you.

I'm pretty sure damage/effects only get applied once the flight animation ends.
"he cant even base a shit + he is worst pvp player in here and he tells us we are bad in pvp this is nonesense its like Englez will say that virdo is bad in leading raids and in pve and after virdo asks him why he say that and for what reason englez will say 'i dont want to destroy your statements ive been there done that etc' "-Balanced 2015

ItchyVortex

Re: Flight animation

#2 » Post by ItchyVortex » 04 Jul 2015 20:35

Yea i noticed it, probably happens because we dont have spell delay.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Justicelight
Donor

#3 » Post by Justicelight » 04 Jul 2015 23:43

This is how I use to die in Divine Shield while getting zerged, used the ability, it went on cooldown...DEAD.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

benzviliran

#4 » Post by benzviliran » 05 Jul 2015 01:47

thats why when i heal someone with a cd spell he die and i still have cd =)
I am the swarm

gullygodx

#5 » Post by gullygodx » 05 Jul 2015 02:19

SomethingWitty wrote:Anyone else notice that flight animation of a spell doesn't sync up properly with its effect. For example, someone casts a spell with a flight animation at you while you are mounted and running away. The spell gets applied/damages you before the animation actually reaches you.

I'm pretty sure damage/effects only get applied once the flight animation ends.
It was pretty sketchy on retail too from what I remember, some projectiles with slow travel speed would hit before actually reaching you. Anyway, from what I can tell on most trinity core servers the travel distance is calculated at the moment the spell is cast so it doesn't matter if the target is moving away.