Some bugs i found

ribbaribbahey

Some bugs i found

#1 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 22 Jan 2014 00:11

Here's a list of some (known or not) bugs i found out. As usually many of them are pvp-related, and this is the reason why i suspect this will egt ignored. But in the case anyone cares, here it is.

Mage:
+Whenever living bomb's last tick happens, it damages everything in its range, CC'd enemies too. That means polies get broken when some bomb explodes nearby (they aren't supposed to), dragon breaths get broken in both the cases if the enemy has both bomb and breath on himself and if a bomb exlpodes near a second enemy having the breath (it isn't supposed to). I beg you to start with this one. Also, look down for LB's LOS bug.
+Frost nova sometimes just does nothing, expecially on player's pets. Warriors seem immune for a bunch of seconds after BS. Shamans are immune too for some seconds after casting spirit walk, it works like this everywhere else too but the tooltip of spirit walk doesn't mention anything about that. (test needed)
+Ignite ticks keep you in combat.
+Spellsteal seem to have some embarassing fail chance that goes beyond the 30% dispel resist from talents. (test needed)
+Mirror images attack CC'd enemies. They are even supposed to stop casting when their target gets CC'd. Useless to point out they don't.
+Blink stops on every texture angle. It also completely fail if used within death grip (doesn't even return you to the starting place or pulls you down to your current position, it finishes the grip's work)

Shaman:
+Grounding totem doesn't get destroyed by spells that do no damage. And it can't absorb a lot of them (fear, polymorp, repentance ecc). And when it doesn't get destroyed, it turns active after few seconds.
+Maelstrom weapon's stacks don't get consumed until the spell has reached its target. This causes lightning bolts to allow the caster to refresh the five stacks before they actually hit, the result is a multiple instant cast.
+The pushback on an incomplete maelstrom cast is equal to a common, full cast, pushback. On a 4/5 cast the pushback makes the progress bar to go beneath the starting point. (not sure of this shall work)

Warrior:
+Charge and intercept in some situations make you walk back to the starting point (used to happen in the Blood council encounter)

Death Knight:
+The runes are sometimes not usable for some seconds. It happens mainly after the usage of blood tap. Do not mistake this with the fact that sometimes the rune looks usable when in reality its CD isn't ready.
+Blood worms: only 1 spawns at time and it does 40 damages per hit.
+Somethign is surely bugged with blood's damage because there are videos of blood DKs reaching 14-15k dps having improvised arp gears, and mine struggles to reach 10k. (if you don't belive me skip this and dont bla bla in the next replies)

Resilience:
*Angry replies alert*. You can belive me or not when i say that elsewhere i can tank a 3v3 playing fire mage, and sometimes they wear 325 dps weapons. If you don't just ignore this. Here i can barely survive ONE dps on me in 2v2. The server being soaked of Shadow Mournes is surely a part of the problem, but the feeling of being differently squishy is too much to ignore. I don't have any proof to this thesis other that this, how could have i? It feels diffeernt for sure. And players (technically, averagely speaking) are worst, not better.

Hit rating:
Both in pvp and pve the ammount of misses is too damn high (Spellsteal related?). Against festergut with 10.5% hit rating i was missing one spell every 5-6. That should be 18%ish miss chance (~25% hit needed). (test needed)

Combat:
+Ignite and wandering plague keep you in combat.
+Bloodlust makes you enter in combat.

LOS:
+Bladestorm, starfall, typhoon, earthbind totem hit through pillars. The list is surely longer.
+Some AoEs hit you if casted next to you when you are not in LOS with the enemy (mass dispel, blizzard) and some don't (shadowfury). However i'm not sure of the mechanics of this last thing.
+Living bomb doesn't explode if you are not in LOS with the enemy.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Anselmo
Former Staff

Re: Some bugs i found

#2 » Post by Anselmo » 22 Jan 2014 00:34

Charge and intercept bug is mind control related. Just relog if you were mind controlled and you'll be fine.

Hit rating is higher than 10.5%, and you gotta cap it. Also miss depends on whole hit table, not just 0-100% chance to hit iirc. (sort of like crit)

Bloodlust cast from shaman (And any beneficial buff or healing) in combat puts you in combat. That used to be normal in tbc, and unless something changed it still is.

Totems should work through pillars, and aoe you mentioned (blizzard) doesn't depend on the position of the player but on the position of the spell itself.

Rest you just didn't test, no idea what to make of it. Can say that in my experience nova thing never happened.
You should post tested versions of these on bugtracker once you're done with them. I can help you test anything you need, just say when and where.

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jan 2014 00:52

ribbaribbahey wrote: Hit rating:
Both in pvp and pve the ammount of misses is too damn high (Spellsteal related?). Against festergut with 10.5% hit rating i was missing one spell every 5-6. That should be 18%ish miss chance (~25% hit needed). (test needed)
Spell hit cap is 17%.
If you are ally you probably have Drenai aura Heroic Presence which makes cap 16%.
If you are having Precision than you need 13% from gear (14% for Horde).
If you are using only Arcane spells and having Arcane Focus than you need 10% from gear (11% for Horde).
And last one, you will probably have Shadow Priest with Misery that decrease hit needed from gear down to 7% (8% for Horde).

To miss that much with 10.5% is somewhat ridiculous since I horde mage with no Hit talents, only SPriest and having 13.70% hit rating from gear am having no miss at all. Must be that miss percent is increased more than it should be (mine fail english cant explain what l mean) on lower hit rating value.

As for Spellsteal this thing is definitively bugged. So much miss in pvp even with pve gear (read high hit rating like 13.70%) and Arcane Focus that improve spell it self. Its really annoying when you waste 5+ clicks and you get no spells at all.

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jan 2014 00:58

Anselmo wrote:aoe you mentioned (blizzard) doesn't depends on the position of the player but on the position of the spell itself.
So does that mean that we mages may use Blizzard to hit players that are behind pillar?

Anselmo
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Anselmo » 22 Jan 2014 01:01

That's normal, but your character has to be in line of sight of the center of blizzard you're casting. If center is out of your sight you should get "Target not in line of sight" message.

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jan 2014 01:14

Anselmo wrote:That's normal, but your character has to be in line of sight of the center of blizzard you're casting. If center is out of your sight you should get "Target not in line of sight" message.
This what you said now is ok, but center can also be on very edge to LoS created by pillar while radius of blizzard can go behind pillar and hit enemies making it hitting behind LoS. Now is this legal?

Anselmo
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Anselmo » 22 Jan 2014 01:21

Yes, as I said, only center has to be positioned, not the edge of the spell.

Fastor

#8 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jan 2014 01:24

And than again, I was warned by gm while l was in bg. Cool that now is legal to do this.

PS.
Anselmo wrote: only center has to be positioned, not the edge of the spell.
Screen shot and copy paste placed into macro to everyone complain to me now. :)

Anselmo
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Anselmo » 22 Jan 2014 01:29

Just to clarify. Excuse the crude drawing.

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 22 Jan 2014 03:11

Yes, that. Because of that shit pala reported me but he forgot to mention Consecration and Divine Storm >.>

Anselmo
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Anselmo » 22 Jan 2014 03:12

PM me the name of staff member who told you that's an exploit and filter the language a little.

emsy
Former Staff

#12 » Post by emsy » 22 Jan 2014 07:18

What anselmo drew is intended and blizzlike behaviour for blizzard and rain of fire, no expoits there. (i've been, too, reported by players for "exploiting" this)

Hit rating is somewhat low, yes, my suspicion is that hit rating debuffs on target don't work (improved FF, misery, ...). As a human fire mage, i still need 13-14% hit not to miss (instead of 10%).

Resilience is partially not working for triggered channeled spells (Arcane missiles, mind flay), but only a part with crit chance and crit damage afaik.

Also adding that living bomb explosion gets u back in combat too, but not sure if this is a bug.

Frost nova silently missing happens a lot to Freeze as well, and is related to maps most likely.. or players jumping... it is indeed annoying

and yes, best way would be posting these into bugtracker 1 by 1

Ancestor

#13 » Post by Ancestor » 22 Jan 2014 08:34

about that drawing dk D&D can be used also like that?

ribbaribbahey

#14 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 22 Jan 2014 10:54

Shadowfury doesn't work the way blizzard does, that is my point.

As fireball spec i had no talents to help me but even if i would have 6% miss chance it wouldn't explain so much miss.

I am aware that bloodlust *shares* the combat, but this is not the case.

I forgot to mention that dancing rune weapon doesnt copy the white hits and doesnt place diseases. Here is an example of how it should work http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=221jtKbsWQA you can also see three worms hitting for 100 average.

Also, training dummies cancel every debuff on themselves as soon as i cast them with my mage. I cannot get combat from dummies.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#15 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 22 Jan 2014 10:55

Ps: i had to rewrite that post three times, as i was going to publish it, the forum required to log in again and again.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide