MC being canceled.

benzviliran

MC being canceled.

#1 » Post by benzviliran » 26 Jul 2016 21:21

So, i wanted to ask and talk about which ways can mind controlled be canceled after the enemy is already being under the effect of mind controll.

so here are the known ways for me:

1)if the mind controll effected player is using a spell such as buble or abillity such as every man for himself or the trinket which is simillar.

2)if the caster/priest itself cancels it.

3)if the duration is over.

4)if the caster is being disturbed by a controll/imparing effect such as fear stun silence or even mc by another enemy priest.

5)if priest takes direct hits which reduces its duration .

so i am actually asking if a direct dmg should and suppose to cancel mind controll which lasts for the first succuessfull time for 10 seconds on players.

why i ask that? because today i did an arena and noticed that a pala casting single judgement cancels my mind controll at 9 seconds right away instead of me losing channel time from 9 to about 5 or even 4.

i wanted to ask if anyone have any idea if its supposed to be that way? cause my logic says a spell that takes almost 3 sec to cast should not be able to be canceled by causing any dmg to the caster unless its a stun or whatever.

so if anyone has any info let me know please, otherwise it should be reported to the bug tracker since a disc priest doesnt have much any cc but the fear that really isnt effective against warrs so it is pretty critical xd.

thank you!

Edit: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Control

copied from there:

" Attacks directed against the controller will shorten the duration of the spell but will have no effect on the the target's ability to break free of their own volition. Death (of the priest or the MCed target), silences, and some other abilities will entirely disrupt the spell."
I am the swarm

benzviliran

Re: MC being canceled.

#3 » Post by benzviliran » 26 Jul 2016 21:54

no nyeriah you are wrong read again pls or else just read this :

i will explain you again.

" Attacks directed against the controller will shorten the duration of the spell but will have no effect on the the target's ability to break free of their own volition. Death (of the priest or the MCed target), silences, and some other abilities will entirely disrupt the spell."

"but will have no effect on the target's ability to break free of their own volition."

that part is related to the heartbeat resist which is a game mechanic.

that heartbeat resist is an ability that allows early resist to effects such as charm effects for example blind/sooth/mind controll.

now that ability is effected on mind controll by the following ways:

the further the target that is being mind controlled the more chances the heartbeat to resist early. which means if the mind controlled player is just on the caster there will be almost zero chances for it to resist.

another chance to increase the heartbeat chance is to have shadow resist or an ability that increases ur chance to resist to spells such as retri paladin and arcane mage has etc.

now that heartbeat resist im not sure if it even work on this server because i havent seen people breaking any charm effects earlier ever.

but still like i said at the start the mind controll was canceled by direct dmg and was not resisted due to the heartbeat mechanic.

how i know that for sure? because more than 5 times in that specific arena 2v2 i casted mc on a warr and it started from 10 sec the paladin simply managed to cast judgement when the duration was on 9 and it canceled it . right at the same time that i was taking direct dmg.

no trinket no stun nothing just direct dmg.

so its not a heartbeat effect.
I am the swarm

gecko32

#4 » Post by gecko32 » 27 Jul 2016 04:43

judgment triggers multiple effects, likely causing the duration to shorten.

benzviliran

#5 » Post by benzviliran » 27 Jul 2016 17:11

gecko32 wrote:judgment triggers multiple effects, likely causing the duration to shorten.
yes shorten but not cancel. u see 10 sec duration should be shorten to about 6 seconds and from 9 to 5 but not cancel it.
I am the swarm