Another Alliance newcommer

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
thequinn1485

Another Alliance newcommer

#1 » Post by thequinn1485 » 30 Aug 2015 23:12

Not new to wow but new to the server. The last login in to retail was 2010 when my hard mode Guild disbanned. :cry: 95% of us gave up before cataclysm. So far it's been fun leveling a druid. Druid wasn't my main back in the day but a pally. Haven't met too many people on Alliance side. A few randoms here and there. If you would like me in your Guild I'm game. Please take in mind I'm playing in the US. I know all the raids and dungeons. I may be a bit rusty. But it will come back to me. I mainly tanked and healed on my druid in naxx, and healed ulduar, and tanked IC normal. My pally had mostly 25 man and 10 man heroic gear. My toons name is Quinnius. Hit me up if you'd like to add me to your guild :P

belendor

Re: Another Alliance newcommer

#2 » Post by belendor » 30 Aug 2015 23:21

Hey and welcome to TW. i'm sure there are guilds on alliance recruiting. There are players from the US that play on TW. but this server is mainly EU so it might be hard to find 25 man raids when u'll play. 10mans shouldn't be 2 hard 2 find tho^^
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Knewklear
Donor

#3 » Post by Knewklear » 31 Aug 2015 00:10

Welcome to TrueWoW. You'll easily be able to find a guild on the Alliance side.

Relina

#4 » Post by Relina » 31 Aug 2015 00:35

Welcome.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 31 Aug 2015 01:31

Welcome Friend ~ ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

mcheka

#6 » Post by mcheka » 31 Aug 2015 02:39

Welcome, and enjoy your time here. It's harder to play on US time, but you can find some 10 mans here and there and even the odd short 25 man. If you're able to play in the morning/afternoon in the weekends, then you'll easily find raids to suit your needs when you do eventually hit 80.

As for guilds, there are a whole bunch of levelling guilds, and at 80 there are 3-4 active raiding guilds that run ICC25HC on the alliance side, each with different recruitment policies as to whether or not they'll invite people below level 80.

Good luck and hope you stick around - you chose the perfect server if your goal is to relive the days of retail WotLK, which is exactly what it sounds like you intend to do.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Popnfresh

#7 » Post by Popnfresh » 31 Aug 2015 18:09

Welcome to Truewow. I hope you enjoy your time here. Good luck with your leveling and I hope to see you in game.

thequinn1485

#8 » Post by thequinn1485 » 31 Aug 2015 19:58

Already level 42 and counting and I have only been playing about a week. Thanks for the advice all. So far it seems there are leveling guilds. It is too bad more US players don't pick this server because bugswise and playability it seems to be the best wotlk server. Any wotlk server that has Wailing caverns working all the way through can't be bad. And yes I tanked that long mess recently. My death was the only death, it happened once. Still knocking off the rust.

Popnfresh

#9 » Post by Popnfresh » 31 Aug 2015 20:21

Have a job? Because it seems to me that most guild raids are starting around 11:00 am EST. I'm Canadian myself so I end up doing most of my raiding on weekends. Their are North Americans on the server with a lot more free time that seem to make it work.

Knewklear
Donor

#10 » Post by Knewklear » 31 Aug 2015 21:55

I think what it comes down to, like Popnfresh said, is having a job or not/free time. I rarely work (mostly because of my accident where I got hit by a pick-up truck, lol), but I am still able to find more than enough time to raid and stuff. Another thing it comes down to is integrating/getting used to the server time. When I just started playing on private servers, I had to get used to their server times first because most of them are around Europe. When I was able to tell time easily between France (that's where this server's located) and Canada/Ontario, life became easier for raiding with guildies and such.

belendor

#11 » Post by belendor » 31 Aug 2015 23:03

thequinn1485 wrote:Already level 42 and counting and I have only been playing about a week. Thanks for the advice all. So far it seems there are leveling guilds. It is too bad more US players don't pick this server because bugswise and playability it seems to be the best wotlk server. Any wotlk server that has Wailing caverns working all the way through can't be bad. And yes I tanked that long mess recently. My death was the only death, it happened once. Still knocking off the rust.
Convince some people to play here^^

thequinn1485

#12 » Post by thequinn1485 » 03 Sep 2015 22:41

belendor wrote:
thequinn1485 wrote:Already level 42 and counting and I have only been playing about a week. Thanks for the advice all. So far it seems there are leveling guilds. It is too bad more US players don't pick this server because bugswise and playability it seems to be the best wotlk server. Any wotlk server that has Wailing caverns working all the way through can't be bad. And yes I tanked that long mess recently. My death was the only death, it happened once. Still knocking off the rust.
Convince some people to play here^^
Sure thing maybe you could loan them one of your several hundred Prot pallys. ^_^

belendor

#13 » Post by belendor » 04 Sep 2015 16:05

hehe, mb i'll do that when i quit the game :p

thequinn1485

#14 » Post by thequinn1485 » 04 Sep 2015 21:30

belendor wrote:hehe, mb i'll do that when i quit the game :p
I understand the attachment. I had 2 prot pallys during WotLK retail. And a holy pally for PVP. My obsession started in BC when I was healing with my druid.

Fastor

#15 » Post by Fastor » 04 Sep 2015 22:44

thequinn1485 wrote: My obsession started in BC when I was healing with my druid.
"l heal with druid, guess l like paladins."