New player, looking for a Guild and with a Question

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
ZJ12

New player, looking for a Guild and with a Question

#1 » Post by ZJ12 » 27 Jan 2016 16:01

Hi all

I've recently joined and I'm really happy that I did. I stopped playing retail during TBC and I recently got the hankering to play again. After having tried a Vanilla and TBC server, I decided to give WOTLK a try partially because the internal balance seems better (I feel I actually have a choice of spec in this expansion), I wanted to see the content I've yet to see, and this community was very well reviewed.

First, the question: What's the auction house etiquette on this server? The prices seem very inflated, and so as a lower level character I've been unable to afford anything. Do items actually sell for the common prices? I've posted items myself for substantially less which have sold, and I was wondering if this is socially acceptable or would this be considered under-cutting? Just trying to get a feel or the realm :)

Also, my first character, Korthus a Draenei Shaman, is approaching level 20 and I think I'm ready to join a guild. I'm a fairly casual player, but I would eventually like to do raids and high end dungeons. I would be very appreciative of an invite from a friendly, fairly casual guild. I'd probably prefer to join a smaller guild rather than a larger for now as I'd like to form some relationships on this server. As for my character I'd like to try all specs at some point, but would expect to go Resto for raids and dungeons, as I do enjoy playing a healer. I'm GMT an English speaking if that makes any difference :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

ZJ

Liqueur
Honorary Member

Re: New player, looking for a Guild and with a Question

#2 » Post by Liqueur » 27 Jan 2016 16:31

Hello and welcome to our server. I hope you will enjoy playing on WotLK, I can safely say our server is the best choice for that as we are the most blizzlike and with the least amount of bugs.

About the auction house, I don't think prices are inflated, maybe for certain items but not overall; certainly average prices will be higher compared to TBC and Vanilla expansions, you'll just have to get used to that. Prices for low level characters might be high, though I can't imagine what you might want to buy for yourself at level 20, except for some gear that shouldn't be expensive at that level, maybe you're just unlucky (another possibility is that most items at that level range are for level 19 twinks and those are indeed overpriced as people will buy them for their twinks anyway.)
However, you don't have to worry about selling things cheaper than others - not like you're selling epic gems or other level 80 stuff for low prices. If that's what works out for you, it's perfectly fine, but you shouldn't worry about high prices - many people have mains, alts, several characters, and they can surely afford whatever you may wanna sell on the auction house, even for a higher price.

Finally about joining a guild, unfortunately I can't help you with that as I only play on Horde, but I'm sure there are smaller alliance guilds who will gladly take you.

Enjoy your stay, and good luck!
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock