Questions about the server

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
spectralzenith

Questions about the server

#1 » Post by spectralzenith » 26 Jun 2016 20:20

Hello, as you can see from my previous topic, I decided to transfer my character from Dalaran-WoW to True-WoW. DW is a also a good server with a good population but I don't like their progression system. My WotLK raiding experience comes from DW and I still have to learn a few bosses from Uld and ToC. ICC isn't out yet so I don't know anything about the bosses there. Some people tend to point fingers at each other after wipes and it can be discouraging, mostly for people who are still learning. I like having fun and I don't want to feel forced to go through all this before I reach ICC. My questions are:

1. Is there a guild in True-WoW that is looking for more members and offers gentle guidance to those who are still learning? Or at least guild that is still learning too and invites raiders like me to learn together?

2. How well are the raids scripted compared to DW? Are they getting fixed if they have bugs?

3. Is the Global chat getting the needed attention from GMs? Or people spam Thunderfury and anal jokes here too?

4. How much time it takes to a GM to answer tickets?

Eronox
MVP

Re: Questions about the server

#2 » Post by Eronox » 26 Jun 2016 20:25

Hello and welcome to TrueWoW! :D

1. Is there a guild in True-WoW that is looking for more members and offers gentle guidance to those who are still learning? Or at least guild that is still learning too and invites raiders like me to learn together?

There is plenty of guilds to choose from, both at Alliance and Horde-Side! Best thing is to try your experience around and settle down in a home once found :)

2. How well are the raids scripted compared to DW? Are they getting fixed if they have bugs?

Fixes are being pushed constantly, but sadly so is bugs. The community developers of ours are aiming to achieve a true blizzlike server, and its on a rapid speed to it! So compared to DW, Yes.

3. Is the Global chat getting the needed attention from GMs? Or people spam Thunderfury and anal jokes here too?

I've seen the immature conversations occur, but I also have seen GMs been speaking casually in the world chat so the community can get a good relation with the staff

Depends on hour of the day. My experience is fast enough if its ongoing raid related, else it would be a couple of hours.

Hope you'll enyoy your stay here!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 26 Jun 2016 20:47

spectralzenith wrote:DW is a also a good server with a good population but I don't like their progression system.
I will count this as first question. TW does have far less people than Dalaran, as for scripts l dont know to compare but we got whole bunch of stuff fixed to work, ATM Devs focus on ICC bugs that came with latest scripts since they wanted to perfected it (there is difference between Perfect and "Seems working").
My WotLK raiding experience comes from DW and I still have to learn a few bosses from Uld and ToC. ICC isn't out yet so I don't know anything about the bosses there. Some people tend to point fingers at each other after wipes and it can be discouraging, mostly for people who are still learning.
Yea well we have several people doing that here too, worse they force you to install Voice Chat programs so they could do over it, in person, on full surround sound if able. So its luck based would you get person like that or not.
I like having fun and I don't want to feel forced to go through all this before I reach ICC
Well, the only force you would get is how good is your skill and gear to be let in ICC. For example, imagine you hit 80 and have ilvl 200 gear, no way to get into ICC. Get at least ilvl232.
Ally or horde?
was not on DW long time but as for bugs you can see devs are very active in fixing them by checking this link http://www.truewow.org/bugs
Well there are times when GMs are all offline and people start getting full retard. However its just small number of them so it does not happen more than once or twice per week.
Average 30min but up to 24hours max since some GMs read ticket but refuse to act anything waiting for senior GM to take a look.

Anyway main differences between DW and TW are: Population, Shops, ICC/RS and player commands .ilvl which tells your average gear level and gearscore and .QC which checks and solve bugged quest if you think you found one (made addon for it that checks quest as soon as you take it, its in my description).

I suggest you to stay at least 30 days to check whats what.

mcheka

#4 » Post by mcheka » 27 Jun 2016 08:58

Hello and welcome to our friendlier-but-smaller community. You'll find that TW is in general less toxic than DW, so I hope you enjoy your time here.

As for answers to your specific questions:

1. There are guilds on both factions at varying levels of progression. On the alliance side, I can recommend a number of different guilds depending on your more specific playstyle and timezone.

2. Raid scripting on DW is a bit better because they have spent a lot of time polishing Naxx and Ulduar. It will likely take them a long time to have ICC as good as TW's overall, though there are still a few generally small issues here too. Class mechanics are far, far better on TW. DW lags there, and also lags a lot in lower-level raids/dungeons and leveling. Their lower-level stuff and leveling is quite rough compared to here. Bugs get fixed often on TW, as you can see if you look at the bugtracker. We have active devs, and the past 6 months has seen some of the best server quality increase in the server's history (the best 6 months since I joined 3 years ago).

3. Global chats are well-moderated. There are idiots on every server, but you'll almost never see anal jokes or TF spam here. On the flip side, TW has less censorship and GMs aren't oppressive like on DW. If you posted this thread on the DW forums with the server names reversed, the thread would quickly get deleted and your forum account would be banned (I know firsthand, because this happened to me once on DW). I was also muted on DW for answering someone's question regarding similar comparisons between DW and another wotlk server. In general, there is a very good relationship between staff/GMs and players on TW.

4. From 3 minutes to a full day. Usually less than 30 min in my experience.

Hope that answers your question and don't hesitate to ask anything else. If you wanna get in touch with me and chat about any of these, then post here, send me a PM, or send an ingame whisper or mail to Danuvius. Hope you enjoy your stay [emoji2]
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition