Greetings and first impressions

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Thanas0

Greetings and first impressions

#1 » Post by Thanas0 » 27 Aug 2016 01:39

Hey all,
First time playing here, just wanted to say hi.

This WotLK client on progresive server is a interesting idea, is there like a schedule for when the newer expansions content is to be 'unlocked'?

Played for a couple of hours and made it to ten with my little priest, everything looks to work fine till now.
Is there anything 'really broken' that i should worrie about?

The cross-faction chat its kind of weird,but I guess it has it's advantages.
What else is cross-fanction?

Also leveling till 10 felt a bit to easy, now im not wow expert and have not played since 2009ish, but this felt like WotLk-make-it-to-northrend-asap balanced, if you understand what i mean, not that is bad thing.. it feels just different from what i remember.
I wander how are instances balanced..hmm?

Well that's all from me, guess I'll see ya,
-Thano

ps. for the horde ;)

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: Greetings and first impressions

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 27 Aug 2016 04:16

Greetings traveller and welcome to the community! Nice to see new faces everytime. To answer your questions in order, as good as I can:

Content is being unlocked progressively on the realm PrimalWoW however there is no public schedule that is for exact dates if that is what you meant. For bugs and such, we recommend checking out Bugtracker, you can notice which reports are being worked with, which are resolved and so on forth. We also highly recommend that you report a bug in case you notice one, as it is impossible for staff and testers to find bugs by ourselves! As for cross-faction, you are able to raid together and also being in the same guild as the opposing faction. This is mostly explained due to the lower population on that realm, as quite a few raids require 40-man setup. As for instances I personally cannot answer that question, maybe someone who is more experienced in playing on PrimalWoW can respond to that.

In any ways, I hope you find your stay more than satisifying. If you need any help you can always shout on forums or by creating a ticket in-game of course. Enjoy your stay, cheers!
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 27 Aug 2016 04:32

Welcome to the server, Thanos!

Cross-faction will include everything but PVP and BGs. This includes RDFs and even raids. This is mainly a result of the lower population .

As for a timeline, there is one posted in the Announcement subforum I believe. The short of it is that were currently going through releases of AQ40 bosses (with Ouro, Twin Emps, and Cthun still to be released), then Naxx this fall and winter, and TBC tentatively scheduled for Summer 2017. Release of WOTLK wont be until much later.

There isnt much, to my knowledge, that is completely broken. There are a couple of newly released bosses that need some tuning, and a couple of BWL bosses that are missing some of their scripting (most notoriously that Razorgore doesnt have adds). Due to how healing is balanced, Swiftmend is next to worthless in raids - which I guess you could call broken - but most druid healers go dreamstate anyway. Also due to the parameters of the server, PVP balance is a little...off, but shadow Priests are the big winners there, so that actually works in your favor. :p

Feel free to whisper me in game if you have any other questions, on any of my characters in my signature below. You can also find a link there to my Youtube channel, which may be helpful.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Kniteknite

#4 » Post by Kniteknite » 27 Aug 2016 04:41

Welcome Thano ! See You in game sometime soon ~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

KohiiKaiju

#5 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 27 Aug 2016 15:06

Welcome!

Not to pile on the discussion, but there is the timeline people have discussed:
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=34007