Old fart joining PrimalWoW

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
RustyRyan

Old fart joining PrimalWoW

#1 » Post by RustyRyan » 23 Dec 2016 15:14

Hello Lads.

I found out about your server after I started pining for them old days and looked for a decent Vanilla Server. My background is pretty similar to a lot of people I guess. I started WoW on launch day and quit after WotLK. Since I enjoy leveling and the challenge it offers, I currently dislike retail. I am thinking about created a character here and steadily leveling it up together with my fiancee. I have a couple of questions before I take a deepdive in your server :).

1) How "Blizzlike" is this server? I kind of get the wotlk source code with vanilla limitations (amazing job btw!) but do you guys interfere with the natural things whatsoever that make leveling easy?
2) Any payable boosts? I'm not in favour of those but I guess as long as there's little of these I woulnd't mind.
3) Server stability. This one relative of course. I don't mind the occasional downtime (like I have a choice..) but from a months time perspective, how much time would the server be down?
4) How's the Auction House doing? I don't expect wild things here but it comes in handy to save for them mounts.

Well, hopefully you can answer my questions and I'm looking forward spending good times here. Thumbs up for the good working website and data availability!! :D

Cheers,

Rusty.

Fárlight

Re: Old fart joining PrimalWoW

#2 » Post by Fárlight » 23 Dec 2016 15:41

1. Everything is 1x drops (not for world epics and blues), gold, rep,.
2. There is no payable boosts on this server.
3. Server will go most of the time be down for new content/fixing bugs. Take like only 5 minutes when it will be back up.
4. The AH is always running but sometimes it can be very cheap or very expensive.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 23 Dec 2016 16:30

Welcome to the server, Rusty!

Your first question is a tricky one to answer. With a 3.3.5 client, 3.3.5 talents, RDF, RBG, Arenas, etc, its hard to label the server as "Blizzlike" but the development staff opt for Vanilla-like changes when a decision is made. The two major differences that leap out at me, aside form the WotLK stuff, is that 1) BOE blues and epics drop more commonly and 2) one of the quest NPCs in AQ40 has extra custom turn ins so that players can trade Nexus Crystals for certain TBC enchanting materials in, as they are needed for the AQ40 enchanting recipes.

The server store does not offer boosts. One can transfer to the server (see this page) but the shop for PW only offers cosmetic items and services like race/name/faction changes.

You can check out stability here. According to the status page, the primal sever has a 15 day uptime since the last reset.

See you around
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

RustyRyan

#4 » Post by RustyRyan » 28 Dec 2016 07:55

Thanks Farlight and Fitzpatrick! I'll have a shot at this server then. Tried a bit last night, seems very decent!

Regards,

Rusty.