Account Switching

Quillerman

Account Switching

#1 » Post by Quillerman » 25 Jul 2015 20:44

Let me start the story off with helping a guildie by the name of Ryland, I was part of the Inquisition guild when Ryland asked for help on achieving some mats for his SM. I offered to help, he asked for some gold to buy the saronite needed for it... The deal was 2.5k gold and he was to give it back to me in the next coming days (Im aware I give gold at my own responsibility). Now as soon as he was given the gold, he logged off... never to be heard from for about 3 weeks. I saw that Ryland had logged in, in which I sent a /w to ask about the money. Now the response was, he didn't know who I was and that "Ryland" had sold his account to the owner "Panic"... So I /w "Panic".... And the response was what I expected, he told me he now owns "Panic" not "Ryland" and I was to get the money the following day. Again, he logged off. Until today, I seen "Panic" log back in, I asked about the money... and how this character hasn't a clue who I am or who "Ryland" is... Im pretty sure the case is easily tracked via backtracking the IP address of both accounts... But I am certain there is account selling and switching happening here, which is against the rules. I no longer care about the gold, (Like I said, i knew it was at my own will) But I do not appreciate for lies and deceit, so Im putting these two accounts forward.

I hope to hear word back soon,
Thanks,
A

Gnurg

Re: Account Switching

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 31 Jul 2015 10:04

I don't there is any rules against account sharing/trading as long as you don't use TrueWoW as a medium to trade it.

It's still not adviced as when loging into an account your IP should be linked to this account along with all previous IPs on the account. Assume you trade away an account that you got from a friend, which you only logged into once. Should that account be banned, the ban should go across all the IPs/Accounts including your main account. This is kind of an assumption from me as that is how it seems to go for other MMOs, but I am fairly sure that is how it is here.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Hansrutger » 31 Jul 2015 13:24

"3. Sharing your account with someone else is not recommended and we strongly suggest you to not give out your personal information to anyone. We cannot and will not be held responsible for your actions or any harm caused to your account(s) if your choice goes awry."

For this report, they shared accounts which is not any problem because it's their own responsibility if something goes wrong.

"8. Trade ingame money, property or service(s) for such in real life."

This is a veeeeeerryyyy unclear rule. It says that you cannot trade characters for in real life stuff such as money, but it doesn't apply that you cannot trade characters apparently because they are ingame value. Either way it's blurry and account switching, as long as you don't do it publically on TrueWoW, just like Gnurgie said above, you don't really break the rules.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

lollypop

#4 » Post by lollypop » 31 Jul 2015 14:01

So....you got any gold left to lend perhaps?

Quillerman

#5 » Post by Quillerman » 02 Aug 2015 00:24

but it is the fact that in the screen shot he says "I buy account" and they don't seem to know each other personally, as from new messages to Panic, he hasn't a clue who I am.... but anyway, it seems like an account buy/sell.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Aug 2015 21:11

Account trading isn't allowed in any way and it doesn't matter what is it being traded for. Warnings will be sent to the involved ones.