Night Elf [Shadowmeld]

Avassar

Night Elf [Shadowmeld]

#1 » Post by Avassar » 23 Aug 2013 13:09

Shadowmeld is a known problem on many servers because of the potential problems it can cause to some aspects of the game. Why? Because Shadowmeld should break any kind of combat to allow the caster to have an advantage over other races. You could say this is ment for PvP mainly because it allows you to drink faster, do a fast ressurection or perhaps even use it as an extra vanish for rogues/ferals (the main reason why people choose Night elf).

Shadowmeld does not break combat on Truewow, and if it would, it would become easily exploitable in PvE because players could use it to their advantage and start ressing huge raids.

I can confirm that this is how it should be because I played on both Retail and Arena-Tournament during this live patch. However, extra confirmation would not hurt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnh4Cqi9Bys (Notice his drink and ressurection spell becoming available once he shadowmelds the scatter, prooving he left combat)

Furthermore: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58984/shadowmeld (If you read the comments, you can see on which patch they were currently on, confirming that it's fully Blizzlike)

While making this topic, I was afraid I was in the wrong section because this sub-forum is called Class bugs, but I was unable to find the racial bugs sub-topic so I hope it isn't much of a problem!

Thanks for reading!
Bloodclaw

Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: Night Elf [Shadowmeld]

#2 » Post by Bluebell » 23 Aug 2013 13:22

It should return the player to combat in PvE, but currently it does the opposite. The PvP and PvE is reversed.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Avassar

Re: Night Elf [Shadowmeld]

#3 » Post by Avassar » 23 Aug 2013 13:24

Mega confirmed!
Bloodclaw