Bugged Quest Completion

Dewbacca

Bugged Quest Completion

#1 » Post by Dewbacca » 10 Aug 2016 17:06

I have a couple of quests that report they are bugged, so I goto the website quest completer.

http://truewow.org/quest-completer

Here is asks me to select the CHARACTER from the drop down menu, while listing only ACCOUNTS.

Additionally when I try to select an account it will not pick one... it drops down the menu showing both Wow accounts tied to my WEB account, but only the "Select character" text is highlighted and I cannot select either account.

What am I doing wrong here?
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Fastor

Re: Bugged Quest Completion

#2 » Post by Fastor » 10 Aug 2016 17:19

Please install this addon and all your troubles would be solved.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34960

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Aug 2016 17:43

The webpage doesn't support PrimalWoW, please use the command in-game (".qc <quest link>" or ".qc all")

Dewbacca

#4 » Post by Dewbacca » 10 Aug 2016 21:05

Using the command .qc then shift clicking the quest "Investigate the Blue Recluse" says it is NOT bugged.

Quest log says BUGGED.

Trying to complete the quest there are no visible Mana rifts and just running around trying to "summon" the rift voids occasionally works by summoning 2 or three simultaneously.

Following the information posted HERE, this is bugged.
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1920/inves ... ue-recluse
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Dewbacca

#5 » Post by Dewbacca » 10 Aug 2016 21:27

Going to my hunter, .qc [The battle of Darrowshire] is not bugged.

Quest log says it's bugged.

If you goto Wowhead they clearly state that you place the bundle in the town square and THEN the mobs begin to spawn.

In Primal, when you approach the town WITH the bundle, they Mobs are already spawned and attack YOU in force.

"Go to the town square at Darrowshire (34.9, 83.9) and place your Relic Bundle.
NPC's will appear just around the outskirts of Darrowshire - help them fight the hostile mobs.
Make sure Davil Lightfire does not die (if you help him kill the mobs this shouldn't be a problem at all).
After some time Horgus will appear - kill him with the help from the NPC's.
Now protect Captain Redpath. Again, this should not be a problem with the help from the NPC's.
Redpath will eventually turn evil. Time to DESTROY him.. or just kill him even."
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27390/the- ... e#comments
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Aug 2016 21:34

The "quest log" is outdated, I suggest not using that addon from the downloads page. Use Fastor's, the one from download page needs to be removed as soon as possible seeing how often it misleads people...

Dewbacca

#7 » Post by Dewbacca » 10 Aug 2016 21:40

Fastor wrote:Please install this addon and all your troubles would be solved.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34960
Installed it the first day. Was the FIRST addon I added because I think it's awesome.

Hasn't solved anything yet.

I just wanna say for the record, it's been mostly useless because the staff at True/Primalwow Rocks! The bugs have been few and far between, and quickly resolved if a genuine issue.
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Dewbacca

#8 » Post by Dewbacca » 10 Aug 2016 21:48

When I say "Quest log says"... I'm not talking about an addon.

I'm talking about the built in Quest tracking function used on retail to track quests. Opens by default with the "L" key and can be clicked in the game menu on the bottom bar.
It lists (Completed), (group) or (Bugged) beside the quests in my log.

You suggest it is outdated and I not use it, doesn't that read from the Server? How can it be outdated if it reads directly from the server files? Asked not to question you, but to broaden my understanding.
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Doctor_J
Developer

#9 » Post by Doctor_J » 10 Aug 2016 22:26

Dewbacca wrote:Going to my hunter, .qc [The battle of Darrowshire] is not bugged.

Quest log says it's bugged.

If you goto Wowhead they clearly state that you place the bundle in the town square and THEN the mobs begin to spawn.

In Primal, when you approach the town WITH the bundle, they Mobs are already spawned and attack YOU in force.

"Go to the town square at Darrowshire (34.9, 83.9) and place your Relic Bundle.
NPC's will appear just around the outskirts of Darrowshire - help them fight the hostile mobs.
Make sure Davil Lightfire does not die (if you help him kill the mobs this shouldn't be a problem at all).
After some time Horgus will appear - kill him with the help from the NPC's.
Now protect Captain Redpath. Again, this should not be a problem with the help from the NPC's.
Redpath will eventually turn evil. Time to DESTROY him.. or just kill him even."
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27390/the- ... e#comments
This works I think ive told you before if theres mobs already spawned its because another player recently started event by placing bundle and obiously did not complete it, also remember this is a raid quest and is not intended to be done alone or at least on Primal anyway, wowhead comments suggest for the original version of this quest (the same one as on tw) in patch 1.x.x you needed around 20 players to complete this quest but less if higher than 60.

Doctor_J
Developer

#10 » Post by Doctor_J » 10 Aug 2016 22:32

Dewbacca wrote:When I say "Quest log says"... I'm not talking about an addon.

I'm talking about the built in Quest tracking function used on retail to track quests. Opens by default with the "L" key and can be clicked in the game menu on the bottom bar.
It lists (Completed), (group) or (Bugged) beside the quests in my log.

You suggest it is outdated and I not use it, doesn't that read from the Server? How can it be outdated if it reads directly from the server files? Asked not to question you, but to broaden my understanding.
There is no inbuilt functionality to display bugged quests in quest log if the client is telling you a quest is bugged its because you are using a addon of some description or was included with your wow installation if you got from someone else, since when do you get quests marked as bugged on retail, Blizzard never added that functionality p:

Dewbacca

#11 » Post by Dewbacca » 13 Aug 2016 18:56

This works I think ive told you before if theres mobs already spawned its because another player recently started event by placing bundle and obviously did not complete it,
I tried this two days in a row. The most recent one was after a server reboot. The situation IF resetting, is doing it on it's own timeframe, not anything useful to players trying to complete it.
Maybe look into how long it takes to reset?
Maybe look into WHICH addon is giving incorrect data and work towards correcting the use/ updating of that addon. If correcting it, make certain it tells me it's a GROUP quest like many already do.

I'll take your word the quest is working properly and drop it, because it's uncompletable with the Mobs all standing around waiting on you to arrive.

But I will endeavor to discover the addon giving the incorrect information as it turns out I have a quest helper in addition to the quest checker.

And I apologize for bringing issues I am having as a player on this server to your attention when you feel like it is resolved.
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Nymunne
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Nymunne » 20 Oct 2016 14:03

Bump. Is this still an issue?

Jiranthos
Admin

#13 » Post by Jiranthos » 18 Jan 2017 15:42

I'm guessing it's not, since there has been no interest in 3 months. Locking.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in