Auction House

Gnurg

Auction House

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 10 Dec 2016 23:47

If I buy 200 auctions, will I receive all items? Just curious if it's possible to overflow the mailbox?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: Auction House

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Dec 2016 23:49

You still receive the mails, they just aren't displayed by your client. They're still queued as any other normal mail would and consequently start to pop up as you delete your old mails.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 10 Dec 2016 23:53

Nyeriah wrote:You still receive the mails, they just aren't displayed by your client. They're still queued as any other normal mail would and consequently start to pop up as you delete your old mails.
Oki, thanks.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 00:37

The Sale Pending mails, shouldn't they be deleted by themselves after the time expires?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Relina

#5 » Post by Relina » 11 Dec 2016 00:38

Gnurg wrote:The Sale Pending mails, shouldn't they be deleted by themselves after the time expires?
Yes they should be.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 00:40

Relina wrote:
Gnurg wrote:The Sale Pending mails, shouldn't they be deleted by themselves after the time expires?
Yes they should be.
I have to manually delete each of mine. Do you know if they disappear at any point, provided you don't delete them yourself?. i.e. log out or wait really long?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Relina

#7 » Post by Relina » 11 Dec 2016 01:14

I have to manually delete them on Truewow, though from what I understand on retail they would automatically be deleted once the mail carrying the gold arrives though even retail had issues with this feature, not sure if it was fixed there maybe Nye can shed some light on that.

With the introduction of the 2.2.0 content patch there have been a few changes to how the Auction House system works. Any items purchased from the Auction House will be received instantaneously, though any proceeds from the sale of items will now have a one-hour delay. Along with this new change, players should now receive an Auction House-generated in-game mail for successful auction sales. The purpose of this in-game mail is to inform players approximately what time (according to their realm time) they should expect to receive the proceeds from the sold item.

We have received multiple reports of players who believe they have not gained the profits from some of their auctions and though we have been investigating these reports we found that this has not been the case.

I would like to take a moment to try and clear up any confusion that this change may have caused and let everyone know of what possible issues the system is experiencing.

As stated above, initially you should receive an in-game mail from the Auction House, instead of the payment for the sold item. After an hour you should receive mail containing the coin from the sale, and the previous mail, the “Sale Pending” notice, should automatically delete itself.

Our investigations have shown that an issue appears to be occurring where the Auction House-generated “Sale Pending” notice is not automatically deleting and leaving the mailbox after the coin for the sale has been delivered to your mailbox.

What is causing some befuddlement is that players are returning to their mailbox to see these “Sale Pending” notifications still there and not realizing that they have already received the coin from the sale.

This issue, though it appears not to be interfering with player’s payment, is known and we are working on a resolution. We ask that you please pay close attention when taking payments from the Auction House out of the mail. If you do happen to find some inconsistencies, please feel free to petition in and speak to a Game Master. We will do our best to investigate claims of non-retrieval of Auction House proceeds.
[/url]
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Dec 2016 01:21

Yes, on retail both the mails carrying items and the golds from sold auctions disappear once you loot them. That is not the case on TrueWoW however, TrinityCore's poor mail system design.

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 01:41

Nyeriah wrote:Yes, on retail both the mails carrying items and the golds from sold auctions disappear once you loot them. That is not the case on TrueWoW however, TrinityCore's poor mail system design.
We could remove the sale pending message? Just comment out one line and it's done. :$ It seems to work independent from the other mails sent during a successful auction.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Dec 2016 01:51

Gnurg wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:Yes, on retail both the mails carrying items and the golds from sold auctions disappear once you loot them. That is not the case on TrueWoW however, TrinityCore's poor mail system design.
We could remove the sale pending message? Just comment out one line and it's done. :$ It seems to work independent from the other mails sent during a successful auction.
You'll receive no notice whatsoever then if you're not online when your auctions are bought though.

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 01:55

Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
You'll receive no notice whatsoever then if you're not online when your auctions are bought though.
Reduce the delay for the money to arrive, config setting afaik. Give them only the notification and not the mail. Would eliminate the need for it.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Dec 2016 02:07

That's an approach I'd personally be fine with, it has already been suggested before by who I think was Prodigy, just never deliberated over.

Gnurg

#13 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 02:22

Nyeriah wrote:That's an approach I'd personally be fine with, it has already been suggested before by who I think was Prodigy, just never deliberated over.
Comment out this one
https://gitlab.com/truewow/trinitycore/ ... r.cpp#L518

MailDeliveryDelay should be to config to be altered to new value.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Ancestor

#14 » Post by Ancestor » 11 Dec 2016 10:49

btw wrong topic, but theres some problem for some items deposit fee also, like i deposit 100 items and whole deposit it takes from me 800g :S if i check deposit fee every item alone theyre fine, but if i post with auctioneer, it takes all deposit fee @ end and makes me 800g minus, i still check what items those might are

Gnurg

#15 » Post by Gnurg » 11 Dec 2016 10:52

Ancestor wrote:btw wrong topic, but theres some problem for some items deposit fee also, like i deposit 100 items and whole deposit it takes from me 800g :S if i check deposit fee every item alone theyre fine, but if i post with auctioneer, it takes all deposit fee @ end and makes me 800g minus, i still check what items those might are
Did you actually check if you are subtracted those 800g? Auctioneer does say it will remove gold, but it actually won't. Might be because deposit price is hardcoded into auctioneer.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE