Rebirth closing down, Transfer of under 60?

WTFBoomkin

Re: Rebirth closing down, Transfer of under 60?

#16 » Post by WTFBoomkin » 14 Jan 2017 14:41

I can say that for those of us transferring over from Rebirth that it's going to be nice to hold on to our toons and continue our individual legacies. Many of us over at Rebirth were quite heartbroken about the news, but I can count myself among the grateful that True/Primal is here to give us a softer landing. Thank you so much!

<3 Boomy

Retocyn

#17 » Post by Retocyn » 14 Jan 2017 15:37

Hello there, I've transfered my The Rebirth character to PrimalWoW about a month or two ago already. Is the transfer going to be different this time? I mean closer to 1:1 format rather than predefined character?

If yes, then could I ask for another transfer? When I've joined PrimalWoW some time ago I didn't get to play much there, didn't gear much, haven't done many transactions with other players and losing what I've already accomplished on The Rebirth would hurt a little. I don't mind my current PrimalWoW to be deleted and get another transfer (if I can get my items transfered).

Jiranthos
Admin

#18 » Post by Jiranthos » 14 Jan 2017 15:45

Retocyn wrote:Hello there, I've transfered my The Rebirth character to PrimalWoW about a month or two ago already. Is the transfer going to be different this time? I mean closer to 1:1 format rather than predefined character?

If yes, then could I ask for another transfer? When I've joined PrimalWoW some time ago I didn't get to play much there, didn't gear much, haven't done many transactions with other players and losing what I've already accomplished on The Rebirth would hurt a little. I don't mind my current PrimalWoW to be deleted and get another transfer (if I can get my items transfered).
Hello!
Thank you for showing interest in our realm.
Character:
Only one character transfer allowed per realm for each person. (3 for 1:1 transfers)
As you can see in the transfer rules, each player (physical person) is allowed 1 predefined/template transfer and THREE 1:1 transfers. So ultimately, if we could get a system going that would allow us to port 1:1 (all mounts, achievements, gear etc.) from Rebirth's patch to our patch (3.3.5a), we could let you get 3 more toons from there to here (but they would have to be deleted on Rebirth, since this is not a dupe, this is a real transfer, it's gone from the other place).
Here's hoping we can get the system up, or negotiate something with the Staff of Rebirth for a cleaner way to approach this.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

skyx

#19 » Post by skyx » 14 Jan 2017 15:50

Retocyn wrote:...
If you have more than 4 characters to move over, make another forum account and then request more 1:1 transfers (that is what I did two/three years ago and was also advised by the staff here).

Nyeriah

#20 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Jan 2017 16:19

Actually a lot has changed about transfers. Bypassing the counter is not tolerated anymore and that will just get your second account banned.

Alas, we should also discuss the terms of this properly. For once, I think we shouldn't be deleting any characters at TRB, despite mentioned previously by the transfer rules.

WTFBoomkin

#21 » Post by WTFBoomkin » 14 Jan 2017 20:31

Dalichlord had made a post on TRB forums about Primal and Reto had mentioned it to me after news of it closing as well. I really like what I see here so far! I'm hoping that the community is as close-knit as it was on TRB and that Boomy might have a future here. Anyone on TRB would tell you that she's pretty much the only toon I ever grew *attached* to and I'm excited that I may get to play her in her 'intact' form if that's a course of action that you're willing to take.

Thanks again in advance and there are many on TRB that appreciate what you're trying to do. With all the uncertainty about, it's good to have someone offer a lifeboat and take us in.

<3 Boomy

Jiranthos
Admin

#22 » Post by Jiranthos » 19 Jan 2017 16:39

I would say that this is resolved. Original question seems to be answered and all other posters have done their transfers, AFAIK.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in