Alliance Double Queuing

AckoMunze

Alliance Double Queuing

#1 » Post by AckoMunze » 03 Jul 2016 17:44

Hey Team,

Now, I know that what I am asking here may not be "fixed" as I would like, but I feel it is time to put some screen shots out.
Since the last free transfer from Alliance to Horde, a TON of ally toons got transferred to the Horde side and ever since some of those toons have been used for double queuing BGs (claiming boldly here!!). It is hard to believe that 2h vs 5a at the start of a WSG is normal occurrence.

Chars like Boucher, running repeatedly (auto run) straight into ally bunch and dying in a rinse and repeat scenario.

Obviously frustrated here, but to cut things short, please see the attached screen shot with explanation.

Butterffly of The Divinity (WF hunter judging by the Armory) joins WSG, rushes down head first, dies without any dmg made and goes Alt+F4. This makes -1 for the Horde team against geared Ally team. By the time AFK report goes through they already capped one flag. Please check IPs, compare names and accounts, do whatever is needed (hopefully) to stop this abuse, because playing PvP on TrueWow is less and less fun and more and more frustration.

Screen Capture: http://prntscr.com/bo9qcq

Thanks,
Vampir

Wilcox

Re: Alliance Double Queuing

#2 » Post by Wilcox » 03 Jul 2016 19:05

i dont have anything to contribute here but I have a suggestion. it has become very clear that some certain players are draining the patience and enjoyment of others. playing bad and being bad is innocent, but actions such as these done by players like ozzyy and boucher are NOT innocent. this is absolute grief and it shouldn't go unpunished

why won't staff get rid of those players already? a permanent approach will be most suitable

benzviliran

#3 » Post by benzviliran » 03 Jul 2016 19:08

Wilcox wrote:i dont have anything to contribute here but I have a suggestion. it has become very clear that some certain players are draining the patience and enjoyment of others. playing bad and being bad is innocent, but actions such as these done by players like ozzyy and boucher are NOT innocent. this is absolute grief and it shouldn't go unpunished

why won't staff get rid of those players already? a permanent approach will be most suitable

oh i've been complaining about that for a while but got ignored .
I am the swarm

daniella84

#4 » Post by daniella84 » 04 Jul 2016 15:53

Ozzy is doing the same in every bg on ally side during years...

Im sorry about you.. Enjoy it.

Dorun

#5 » Post by Dorun » 04 Jul 2016 19:36

Some players are just legitimately bad. I don't like to point fingers since this is a game and it's supposed to be fun (it should be fun for the bad players as well as the good) but a lot of the players who get frequent mentions in these kinds of things do capitalize on obvious opportunities, which makes me feel they're not deliberately trying to screw us.
They're often either too reckless or too safe but they will try to kill you if it looks like you're an easy target (e.g. low health or severely outnumbered).

BG stats don't always reflect the reality of the situation. There have been plenty of BGs where it looks like I've done very little because I've been defending a base and it happens that no-one tried to take it from me or where I've died repeatedly because I've gone 1v4 to protect the objective for a few extra seconds. Conversely, there are times you get a ton of kills but overall weren't very useful in achieving the objective.

You don't know what strategy is going through their heads and I wouldn't like to see people punished for being bad players.
Asator - Blood Elf - Paladin - 80
Somberlain - Troll - Priest - 80
Hollowheart - Troll - Hunter - 80
Electrician - Orc - Shaman - 80
Eforiel - Blood Elf - Mage - 80
Mabelode - Undead - Warlock - 80

Wilcox

#6 » Post by Wilcox » 04 Jul 2016 20:23

Dorun wrote:Some players are just legitimately bad. I don't like to point fingers since this is a game and it's supposed to be fun (it should be fun for the bad players as well as the good) but a lot of the players who get frequent mentions in these kinds of things do capitalize on obvious opportunities, which makes me feel they're not deliberately trying to screw us.
They're often either too reckless or too safe but they will try to kill you if it looks like you're an easy target (e.g. low health or severely outnumbered).

BG stats don't always reflect the reality of the situation. There have been plenty of BGs where it looks like I've done very little because I've been defending a base and it happens that no-one tried to take it from me or where I've died repeatedly because I've gone 1v4 to protect the objective for a few extra seconds. Conversely, there are times you get a ton of kills but overall weren't very useful in achieving the objective.

You don't know what strategy is going through their heads and I wouldn't like to see people punished for being bad players.
what sort of strategies are

1. going afk
2. suiciding into the enemy team

do you even know what you're talking about?

benzviliran

#7 » Post by benzviliran » 04 Jul 2016 20:36

Wilcox wrote:
Dorun wrote:Some players are just legitimately bad. I don't like to point fingers since this is a game and it's supposed to be fun (it should be fun for the bad players as well as the good) but a lot of the players who get frequent mentions in these kinds of things do capitalize on obvious opportunities, which makes me feel they're not deliberately trying to screw us.

what sort of strategies are

1. going afk

he might be talking about the well known tactic called The ISIS or the shahid. it is a great tactic once used by the greatest players in wow, an ancient players who were firstborns of the pvp who invented tactics.

the tactic is to simply suicide at the enemy team as quick as possible to confuse them while flag carrier is getting away with flag but finds himself surrounded by the enemy team cause his team is w8ing for ress just so they could suicide again.

great tactic so far only few players mastered them, one of them is ozzy he is a great player only few could understand his strategic.

still trying to figure out how it works, first going afk and than suicide on enemy team after reported afk or first suicide and go afk this is so confusing damn that ozzy must be a genius.
I am the swarm

Dorun

#8 » Post by Dorun » 04 Jul 2016 20:40

Wilcox wrote:what sort of strategies are

1. going afk

1. Going AFK isn't a strategy and obviously isn't what I was talking about. If you'd read the post I made, you'd notice I outlined how someone could appear to be AFK (or doing nothing) when in fact, they're guarding an objective. Even having actively done nothing, it could be that enemy players see them by the objective and decide to go for something else.

2. Suiciding into the enemy team can hold them up chasing a pointless kill, allowing someone else on your team to do something useful. For example, if we need to get the flag in WSG and two people are trying to run past a large group but get spotted and chased - one player attacking them and suiciding can hold them up long enough for the other to get away and grab the flag. In AB, you can suicide into the enemy team right next to the flags, stopping them from taking the base for a few crucial seconds whilst a larger group arrives or people rez at the graveyard or whilst the flag finishes capping so they can't defend but have to re-cap the base instead.

Of course, there are other things that could be going through their heads and their strategy may not be useful but that doesn't mean they're not trying to be useful. I know exactly what I'm talking about but the difference between you and I is that I would never dream of telling someone to get out of a BG because I think they suck or have bad gear. Honestly, I think that's just rude.

benzviliran

#9 » Post by benzviliran » 04 Jul 2016 20:50

Dorun wrote:
Wilcox wrote:what sort of strategies are

1. going afk

1. Going AFK isn't a strategy and obviously isn't what I was talking about. If you'd read the post I made, you'd notice I outlined how someone could appear to be AFK (or doing nothing) when in fact, they're guarding an objective. Even having actively done nothing, it could be that enemy players see them by the objective and decide to go for something else.

2. Suiciding into the enemy team can hold them up chasing a pointless kill, allowing someone else on your team to do something useful. For example, if we need to get the flag in WSG and two people are trying to run past a large group but get spotted and chased - one player attacking them and suiciding can hold them up long enough for the other to get away and grab the flag. In AB, you can suicide into the enemy team right next to the flags, stopping them from taking the base for a few crucial seconds whilst a larger group arrives or people rez at the graveyard or whilst the flag finishes capping so they can't defend but have to re-cap the base instead.

Of course, there are other things that could be going through their heads and their strategy may not be useful but that doesn't mean they're not trying to be useful. I know exactly what I'm talking about but the difference between you and I is that I would never dream of telling someone to get out of a BG because I think they suck or have bad gear. Honestly, I think that's just rude.
if you'd read the post people made here, you'd notice that we were saying that ozzy is doing it for years and by saying "it" we mean that he is going on the roof and afk there(watched him on roof letting flag carrier to run by simply watch, there was not even a trap there.

also he is afking in the graveyard alot and i dont see a reason to guard graveyard while both alliance and horde flags are at the middle.

also after being flagged as an afk after 10 miniutes and only after flagged running to the enemy team and casting 1 sting just to lose the debuff and than going afk again thats only 1 strategy which is to make ur team lose by having -1 player or even worse.

i can give you more examples of what he had been doing such as as soon as strand of the ancients starts he takes the demolisher ASAP and runs to the water with it and no we were not losing or either winning for sure but he kinda tried to make the chances for us to win lower. more examples can be given.

however when a player like wilcox is reporting someone it will most likely to be after he considered every possibility or option and only if the player is really doing something really retarded that cant be helped and solved by itself.
I am the swarm

Dorun

#10 » Post by Dorun » 04 Jul 2016 21:12

benzviliran wrote:if you'd read the post people made here, you'd notice that we were saying that ozzy is doing it for years and by saying "it" we mean that he is going on the roof and afk there(watched him on roof letting flag carrier to run by simply watch, there was not even a trap there.

also he is afking in the graveyard alot and i dont see a reason to guard graveyard while both alliance and horde flags are at the middle.

also after being flagged as an afk after 10 miniutes and only after flagged running to the enemy team and casting 1 sting just to lose the debuff and than going afk again thats only 1 strategy which is to make ur team lose by having -1 player or even worse.

i can give you more examples of what he had been doing such as as soon as strand of the ancients starts he takes the demolisher ASAP and runs to the water with it and no we were not losing or either winning for sure but he kinda tried to make the chances for us to win lower. more examples can be given.

however when a player like wilcox is reporting someone it will most likely to be after he considered every possibility or option and only if the player is really doing something really retarded that cant be helped and solved by itself.
I have read the posts here but I was trying to avoid speaking about specific players. I've only recently returned to the server but I've had a lot of experience with Ozzyy; I know him from GC before the servers even merged.

As a Horde player, I don't see what he's doing all the time but I do see some of his behaviours and can only give you my impression based on what I've seen. He plays too safe. He'll try to guard something but if he doesn't know he can win the fight, he'll run - even going to the point where he'll kill himself to stop you from getting a kill on him. However, if he's got a team behind him or you're on low health, he will try to kill you.
Specifically when he's on the roof in WSG, he tries to trap you if you go for the flag but he's not always successful. Sometimes he'll chase you down and sometimes he won't - if he does chase, he often gives up once you're past the ramp or tunnel entrance.

I think he tries and wants to win but he lacks confidence in his abilities, so he gives up easily. Treating a person like that unkindly is unlikely to get you any improvement but rather ruin his confidence more and possibly make him uncooperative. Has anyone really tried to engage with him?

AckoMunze

#11 » Post by AckoMunze » 04 Jul 2016 22:19

To avoid any further confusion, I was not talking about AFK, I was talking about ALT+F4. This way, they hog one spot on the horde side for about 3+ minutes giving direct and unavoidable advantage to alliance.

Opportunistic (killer) players or low skilled (cannon fodder) players are more than welcome in BGs on either side, as that is part of the in-game warfare, but abusing the mechanics by queuing on both sides at the same time is just...well...cheating.

But...since there is no repercussion whatsoever...off I go to power-level an alliance toon to try and balance things out a bit.

Cheers

Nymunne
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Nymunne » 28 Nov 2016 10:21

Sadly this happens on both factions, we try to monitor the double-queues as much as we can. You are free to open an in-game ticket when you notice something suspicious happening cause it is easier to check the queues and players being afk or not doing anything in the battlegrounds in that time.

Locking and moving.