Alliance Double Queuing

Dorun

Alliance Double Queuing

#1 » Post by Dorun » 23 Jul 2016 12:28

A lot of BGs are starting with Alliance leading by a number of players.
http://truewow.org/pvpstats/battleground.php?id=60364
This BG started 3h4a but Costantine left before the BG had started, leaving us 2h4a. Not certain if he's double queuing or just went offline for some other reason. Agony and I delayed the game by taking the flag and waiting for more Horde to join. We were joined by Darkeclipse, who spent the first five minutes of the BG AFKing in the flag room whilst we lost the flag. After that he played for about a minute, died, and spent the next few minutes not rezzing. He claims he was doing his keybinds but later on in the BG, he was AFKing in the upper right hand corner for another few minutes. I'm certain he was double queued and joining in for sporadic periods of action to avoid being kicked for inactivity.

http://truewow.org/pvpstats/battleground.php?id=60366
This BG also started with Horde outnumbered 7v6. We had two leavers before the match even started - one was Sickbrain, whom I'm reasonably sure wasn't double queued but I didn't catch the name of the other player. This left us at 4h7a.

Is there any way you can check the IPs for those queued/joined for these games? This kind of thing is far too common and it would be nice to see some bans handed out in response to show that this kind of thing is not OK!
Asator - Blood Elf - Paladin - 80
Somberlain - Troll - Priest - 80
Hollowheart - Troll - Hunter - 80
Electrician - Orc - Shaman - 80
Eforiel - Blood Elf - Mage - 80
Mabelode - Undead - Warlock - 80

Gnurg

Re: Alliance Double Queuing

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Jul 2016 12:34

Those pesky Alliance players!

This report lacks proper evidence and is based on blind claims. Can be closed as it fails to meet the section requirements.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Jul 2016 12:38

maybe its the same players who alliance used to complain about before they changed to alliance as horde used to accused of this.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Tenebro » 23 Jul 2016 12:47

most of the time when ppl claim its dual box its actually not but, I explained this bg issue in this topic but it seems no fuck given http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 68#p385268

a year ago or so when horde was winning most of the bgs this issue happened at ally since there were 10-20 hordes waiting and only 3 ally everytime to start the bg and most of the time a 4th horde was getting in for no reason now this happens to horde since ally got more ppl in queue all the time

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Jul 2016 12:59

and what are queue times like for both factions now? I guess alliance now have longer wait times than horde as everything else has been turned around and alliance used to always get literally instant queue while horde had to wait 1 hr+ to enter bg and some people would result to dual queueing on alliance to get themselves into bg quicker.

Dorun

#6 » Post by Dorun » 23 Jul 2016 13:10

Doctor_J wrote:and what are queue times like for both factions now? I guess alliance now have longer wait times than horde as everything else has been turned around and alliance used to always get literally instant queue while horde had to wait 1 hr+ to enter bg and some people would result to dual queueing on alliance to get themselves into bg quicker.
I can't speak for Alliance but with Horde it largely depends who's winning. When Alliance are winning, we get instant queues. When Horde are winning, you can easily have to wait an hour or so.

Tene: Does the queue show players who've been called to battle but not entered? E.g. if two Alliance have been called up but haven't accepted, will the queue show as 0a and allow you to enter because in theory those Alliance players are in?

Also, as a further argument that would seem to indicate players are double-queued: friends have asked me to join BG because they're outnumbered and upon queuing, I see a queue like 4h0a and have to wait a few minutes to actually get in.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Tenebro » 23 Jul 2016 13:26

at 80 its hard to say if its dual box or an issue with the bg system cuz there are many ppl queueing every minute but at low lvl its easy to notice that this isn't a dual box issue.

here's what the issue is: lets say 2 ally are ready at 20-29 then 2 hordes queue, those 2 hordes will enter bg and on ally 1 of them will enter other one will have the bg pop but still didn't accept, now if a 3rd horde decide to que in that moment he will be allowed to enter even though in bg are already 2 hordes and 1 ally only, he will enter cuz the 2nd ally didn't accept yet or he's afk in que so the bg will most likely be 1v3 if that 2nd ally is afk or 2v3 if he accept que, there is no dual box or no 3rd ally its an issue with bg system I suppose

I have experienced this in all the brackets every week, at 80 there are just many ppl queing and ofc sometimes one of them will get call for bg but won't accept so if someone on opposite faction que while the afk guy got the call he will get in and make the opposite team have +1 inside
Last edited by Tenebro on 26 Jul 2016 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

milanlord

#8 » Post by milanlord » 23 Jul 2016 17:13

I don't think it was dual box, people were afk in queue or they left. I'm in wsg atm, it was 4vs3 before battle started, but Sick left again leaving it 4vs2 and then another player left and its now 4vs1 even though bg hasn't start yet. I just think what happend in that bg is that people left after they saw alliance team or someone declined bg call due to afkness, something came up or in purpose(but that's hard to say due lack of evidence and due the phrase GM's like to use-"We have system that doesn't allow dual boxing or dual queueing"). Tbh I have heard that people got punished aka getting deserter buff after getting caught for dual queue cause of that system. But I'm not sure does that system do everything automatic or a GM needs to monitor 24/7 and check does someone dual queue.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Ancestor

#9 » Post by Ancestor » 23 Jul 2016 21:57

i missed 2-3 que pops as ally today sorry aaand maybe 1 pop call i left cos had to go smoke forgot i was in que...

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Tenebro » 26 Jul 2016 18:21

I edited my last post since I gave a wrong explanation to what's happening

Dorun

#11 » Post by Dorun » 27 Jul 2016 12:32

Tenebro wrote:I edited my last post since I gave a wrong explanation to what's happening
That's how it occurs but the question is whether or not people are doing it deliberately, which can only really be answered by checking who was queued and identifying if they're the same person.

Rohit

#12 » Post by Rohit » 27 Jul 2016 13:13

This is one of the reason I don't like to queue for BGs anymore. It was the only motivation for me to log in and play in here as I've quit PVE long time back already. There is ALWAYS at least 1 extra player from the ally side when I'm in BGs. It really frustrates me as well but one cannot do anything about it but keep asking others to join in the channels.
I'm so close to leaving the server myself as there is nothing appealing left for me as well but decided to stay on for a while and wait for some miracle to happen and hopefully have decent, balanced and fair BGs in the coming times.

I've also repeatedly asked for a GM recruited to oversee these specific PVP issues and to maintain overall balance but all in vain, I guess.
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

Nymunne
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Nymunne » 28 Nov 2016 10:21

Sadly this happens on both factions, we try to monitor the double-queues as much as we can. You are free to open an in-game ticket when you notice something suspicious happening cause it is easier to check the queues and players being afk or not doing anything in the battlegrounds in that time.

Locking and moving.