Abusing pvp flag

Tenebro
Honorary Member

Re: Abusing pvp flag

#16 » Post by Tenebro » 20 Sep 2016 16:39

arnis5 wrote:No Fjord you gota look on problem from all the points. You are looking it from point where you want this player banned cause you know its Tenebroo.
Facts: 1. There is no server announcment that PvP flag is buged
2. You are visiting forum so you should know that you must relog to turn off your PvP flag
3. Player could not know if you actualy had your PvP flag on or if you didn't have it on right? o_O
4. Acording to your mana/health and chat, player didn't do any kind of dmg to you he did only stuns cause you was same threat to him as he was to you
5. There is no Combat Log SS which could prove that this player is attacking you
6. Tenebroo maybe wasnt playing his char at that time maybe it was his "brother" or someone else?
7. Here we are coming back to point 3. where again even if it was Tenebroo how could he know if you had PvP flag on or off? xD
rofl arnis pls, I'm aware there was some kind of bug with this idk if there still is or not and yea I attacked him once when he was alone but only reason I went there was to annoy some ally.

arnis5
Banned

#17 » Post by arnis5 » 20 Sep 2016 16:41

Tenebro wrote:
arnis5 wrote:No Fjord you gota look on problem from all the points. You are looking it from point where you want this player banned cause you know its Tenebroo.
Facts: 1. There is no server announcment that PvP flag is buged
2. You are visiting forum so you should know that you must relog to turn off your PvP flag
3. Player could not know if you actualy had your PvP flag on or if you didn't have it on right? o_O
4. Acording to your mana/health and chat, player didn't do any kind of dmg to you he did only stuns cause you was same threat to him as he was to you
5. There is no Combat Log SS which could prove that this player is attacking you
6. Tenebroo maybe wasnt playing his char at that time maybe it was his "brother" or someone else?
7. Here we are coming back to point 3. where again even if it was Tenebroo how could he know if you had PvP flag on or off? xD
rofl arnis pls, I'm aware there was some kind of bug with this idk if there still is or not and yea I attacked him once when he was alone but only reason I went there was to annoy some ally.
If you was doing that cause you knew PvP flag will be bugged then indeed you should get warning or ban for that.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#18 » Post by Nymunne » 20 Sep 2016 16:42

I think I had this discussion with you before and even tested it in Stormwind. If it was another player then sorry, but I remember going through this before.

Easiest way to check if your PvP is actually off:
1. See if the alliance/horde flag is near your character icon. If you target yourself the icon should be blue. If the icon is green your PvP flag is active.
2. Character name above your head: if you see the text green then your PvP is on, if it's blue your PvP is off.
3. Targeting the enemy player: if you see him in red your PvP is on, if he appears in yellow your PvP is off.

Looking at the screenshot it is clear that you are PvP flagged as you have your alliance flag and your character name is spelled in green. Since the PvP flag is not working properly we cannot ban players when they see you as an enemy as they cannot be aware if you were supposed to have your PvP flag on or off. If you appear to them in red (PvP flagged) they will attack, if they appear to you in blue they cannot attack you.

I know that this is not what you wanted to hear but until a fix can be done regarding the flags (there was a fix before and it didn't work for long) there is not much to be done. Regarding the PvP flag bug and possible fix, I believe the better answer that you might get would be from a developer.

Edit: I tried to disable my PvP flag and it worked and after I posted I saw Tenebroo's screenshots about it as well. I am not sure if this bugs from time to time or not now but at least in your screenshots it shows that your PvP flag was not off at that time.

Fjord
Donor

#19 » Post by Fjord » 20 Sep 2016 16:43

Gamers dont die, They R3spawn.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#20 » Post by Tenebro » 20 Sep 2016 16:44

I have no clue what's so bugged with this I always saw ppl with pvp on and ppl with pvp off in their territory, if it bothers ppl then they can just turn off pvp like I did in those screenshots and problem solved.

arnis5
Banned

#21 » Post by arnis5 » 20 Sep 2016 16:45

I am not acting stupid I am procesing the problem from all points of view, unless like you :)
The Demonic Lord!

Fjord
Donor

#22 » Post by Fjord » 20 Sep 2016 16:45

Then check the log, and prove to me i did some pvp action in between those 5 min where he attacked me several times.

Even tho 5 min passed before attacked again.

Fjord
Donor

#23 » Post by Fjord » 20 Sep 2016 16:46

you are missing time stamp in 1 SS tenebro.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#24 » Post by Tenebro » 20 Sep 2016 16:47

you were trying to ress those ally that I killed so ofc your pvp wasn't going to turn off also you attacked me with judgement when I killed others few times

Nymunne
Former Staff

#25 » Post by Nymunne » 20 Sep 2016 16:47

The time from combat log and the time of the server are different. You indeed have your PvP offline at the time these screenshots were taken (see your name written in blue) but in the first screenshot from the report your PvP flag was still on. See your first screenshot again: http://s11.postimg.org/fjn5kbv3n/Wo_WSc ... 155344.jpg

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#26 » Post by Tenebro » 20 Sep 2016 16:48

Fjord wrote:you are missing time stamp in 1 SS tenebro.
you can see the time on clock

arnis5
Banned

#27 » Post by arnis5 » 20 Sep 2016 16:48

You did not do anything but can you understand that player is not being able to look trough your UI and he can't know if you disabled your PvP flag or not. If there is something to blame then its a script not a players.
The Demonic Lord!

Fjord
Donor

#28 » Post by Fjord » 20 Sep 2016 16:49

Since you know about this issue, and wanted to anoy ally, you kinda know its bugged, warning would be fine.

all tho i even logged and whispered you to not do it, there isnt really any excuse what so ever.

arnis5
Banned

#29 » Post by arnis5 » 20 Sep 2016 16:52

Fjord I will make a suggestion thread right now, that server should make an announcment that players should relog to get out of PvP flag. And after that if "abusing" still continues then indeed staff should warn players which are doing that.
The Demonic Lord!

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#30 » Post by Tenebro » 20 Sep 2016 16:54

I always did world pvp when I had chance to, in stormwind, stv etc. Just because there is some lame bug that can be easily avoided by turning pvp off and waiting 5 mins that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop.